Byond ID?
    Ben11567

CM Character?
    Scott Rogers, Jane Harris, Douglas King

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    BST

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20-30 (yes I have no life)

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes, as an admin on a couple of Gmod servers

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Recently none, however used to be active on an old server called Oracle, and sometimes TG Event Hall

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    //showthrea...3731#post53731 - Only staff app - moderator - denied because of low playtime

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Yes, a permaban in September 2017 - for multikey and LRP. However nothing serious like that since

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    I think it was event hall that I accidentally changed an AIs laws from asimov to antimov after a round of traitors changing it constantly, luckily it was when evac had been called but got 5 peopled killed and led to a week ban.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes, I would love to get to know the people who somehow make this community better

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    The first thing I would do is let MP's deal with the issue IC. While this is going on I would PM both players involved in the shooting and find out what happened.

If it is a new player who accidentally shot the person or did not know what they were doing I would check their notes for anything similar to what has just happened. If he has no previous notes I would warn him for breaking Rule 4 and advice him to read over the rules while in the brig.

If the player has done actions like this before and been warned for it, I would proceed with a ban for the appropriate amount of time.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    If the predator had violated the honour code I would tell them to make a report against the predator as staff can't deal with issues like this, only council members.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would PM the player asking if they are new to the game. If they are I would check if there are any mentors or SEA's on. If not then I would send them a link to the wiki and try to walk them through the basics of the game, assuming nothing else was happening that needed my attention.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    First I would try to stay calm when talking to them and try to also get them to calm down.

Next I would explain to the player that I am just here to help them and that if somebody has broken a rule I will make sure they get punished (we all know what its like to be angry after somebody has ruined your round).

If they carry on arguing and asking to speak to an admin I would give them a verbal warning that they are breaking rule 3, and if they carry on I will have to give an official warning.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would PM the player and tell them that they are breaking Rule 12 and need to change their name. I would offer to change the players name for him to something more appropriate.

If the player has a history of doing this I would add it to his notes.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    If this happens towards the beginning of the round I would not get involved and let it play out IC with MP's (unless they start using the rifle).

If this happens after the marines have evacuated I would PM the player and ask them why they are geared up. If they message back saying it is because of the xenomorphs coming I would remind them that they are breaking rule 6 and ask them to return the gear until it is confirmed xenos are invading.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    First I would check the logs to see if the survivor killed the marine through proper escalation. If the marine started the fight with the survivor I would let it play out IC.

If not then I would tell the survivor that acting hostile towards the marines has been banned and give them a note. If they have a history of this I would give them a survivor jobban and possibly server ban. I wouldn't heal the killed player because if they just landed there should be medics nearby.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would check the logs to see what happened and what the MP said. If the player is telling the truth and was arrested for just taking an attachment I would message them and ask them to give the prisoner the proper punishment, I would also send them a link to ML and advice them to read over it.

If they have a note history of this then depending on how bad/recent it is I would give them a MP jobban.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    As the Queen Mother I would tell the hive that in order to survive they must go out and try to capture more hosts.

If I needed to get the marines to attack I would message the Commander as HC informing them that they need to take back the colony as quickly as possible and abandoning it is not possible.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    If the player is a new medic I would move to help them IC. Stabilising their patient and telling them to follow what their health scanner says at first while also reading through the wiki.

If the player isn't new and is doing it on purpose I would ahelp and let another member of staff deal with it as I am directly involved.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I would remind the CLF member that it is not EORG as they are on different teams.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    If possible I would let the MPs deal with the situation IC. If the player has been taking items that will directly ruin somebodies round (Spec weapon/ammo, SG ammo) I would PM the player and ask them to return the items, reminding them that they are coming close to breaking Rule 3.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would tell the murderer that it is improper escalation to kill a marine for punching you. I would also check the players notes to see if they have a history of this. If not I would add a note and give them a warning not to do it again.

If they do have a history I would ban them for the appropriate amount of time.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would MOOC all the mutineers warning them that they need to ahelp before starting a mutiny. If they carried on I would knock them out and start applying warns and bans to anybody involved depending on their note history.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Since minor racism in IC is allowed, I would check the logs to make sure nothing too offensive was said and PM the player offended to move away from the group of people and find somebody else to rp with.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I would ban the marine for an appropriate amount of time and aheal all the injured players.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    First I would check the chestbursters playtime and note history. If they are new or have no history of this I would PM them and tell them that going into combat as a larva is not allowed and give them a note.

If they are not new or have a history of this I would give them a warn and possibly jobban depending on their history.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would PM the player and remind them they are breaking rule 2 and should stop. I would also tell them that if they carry on insulting the Queen they could get banished and killed.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would tell the player who ahelped that the xeno isnt breaking any rules. When a xeno is in combat it is hard to come up with new names for anything marine related, so calling the dropship by its real name is allowed.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would PM the command staff and tell them, while they know a hostile force is on the planet, they don't know it is xenomorphs. Depending on their note history I would also give them a note and warning.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    First I would check the logs and player notes. If there was no attempt to rp and instead the player uses improper escalation I would explain that they have broken rule 14. I would then give the player a note and possibly ban them depending on their note history.

If proper rp and escalation was used I would explain to the players that it was all done in IC and staff can't get involved.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would ignore the player as staff sometimes have to deal with this from certain people. However if the player continues to the point they are breaking rule 3 I would ahelp and let another member of staff deal with the issue.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would PM the player that this is an IC issue so I cant help.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would message the member of staff and explain that the information they gave was wrong and link them to the rule or bit of information they got wrong. I would let that staff handle the situation from there, with there being no need for me to get involved, which is what I would want to happen if I made a mistake.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would not get involved in the situation if I wasn't witness to the rules the player broke. If the arguing carries on I would contact a manager and let them deal with the two members of staff.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I've played SS13 and CM for a couple of years now, I started off as a toxic player who had no intention to rp. However over time I have learnt to love this game and community. I know what it's like to be a player who breaks rules, so I can understand what somebody feels like when they get in trouble. I also love this community and what it's managed to do, bring together a group of loyal fans and let them play in the universe they love watching. I want to help this community grow and become stronger, meeting new people and making sure those who are new or just trying to have fun can do that without their rounds being ruined.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    In my opinion it is a mods ability to stay calm. Everybody is here to have fun but sometimes because of what has happened players can become frustrated and take out some anger of you. As a staff member you should be able to stay calm and diffuse the situation.

A mod should also be understanding to players. Sometimes mods can be frustrated and take it out on the players, which is the last thing any member of staff should do. Mods should understand that people make mistakes and not be too strict with somebody who does not deserve it.

Anything else you
    I understand that my note history is very bad, with a permaban. However that is in the past, and being a player who was permabanned will help me understand what is going through peoples heads. I hope my note history and behaviour in game also shows that I have improved, with all my jobbans being lifted and no bans since my perma. Since my last app I have also got a lot more hours in with this month having 70+.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for applying again Ben on ya last app I said that what stopped me from giving the green light for it was ya playtime with me and other staff telling ya to improve it and it seems ya have taken that advice as ya playtime this month is good ya asnwers are again up to snuff and ya have been note free since March so yea +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The permaban was 3 year ago. You own up to it and aren't making excuses nor are you trying to lie / pass it off. Additionally, your answers are about as close as can be expected and reflect a fair understanding of the rules and administration procedures. You did get a recent note for Improper escalation that seemed a little over the top for what I was reading. Provided there are no other notes / warnings / bad behavior in recent time this will not be a major issue. +1 for now but that will be changed based on actions to come.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so you're an active member in CM 'n such but I do have some concerns.

I'm not at all worried about the perma ban but rather how you can sometimes become hostile.

You are chill 90% of the time but as staff ya gotta remain chill in the discord aswell.

+1 but just saying my concern about ya and the discord server.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 from me.

I've seen you around a lot and played with ya a few times, but I haven't personally noticed the issues mentioned by the others, and seeing as they're not bad enough to be deal breakers for them I'm good too.

Ya got good hours and you seem to have a handle on things.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1, you have a decent play time, your note history is not that bad and i've seen you around. Good luck!

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the +1s. I don’t remember getting mad at somebody in the discord server but I know I have in game in the past, like we all have. That hasn’t happened for a long time though as usually I just let staff deal with somebody breaking the rules or ignore anybody trying to start a fight

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for letting this sit for so long, This is approved.

You will shortly get a DM. Application accepted.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer