User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback for the Cultists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feedback for the Cultists.

Cults! YES CULTS are now a thing in CM. They have been coded by Walter and have had spriters such as Bongosz and Triio help out.

Now before I get started. This is still a W.I.P antagonist.

Right! Cultists begin from a cult leader. Only he can convert and stun other marines/humans with a special ability. Once they are converted they are able to speak on the hivemind but do not understand the common xeno tongue.

Cultists:

1. Main priority is to convert.
    2. Second priority is to sabotage - Power,supplies etc.
    3. Murder the non believers.

Now, number three has specific rules. Before you start murdering, you need to wear Cultist robes fully. Once those are on you can start murdering. However you should only do this when you are found out or you have been ordered by the Queen or the CULT leader himself. (NEW CULT ROBE SPRITES COMING SOON)

They are immune to the hive they are assigned to huggers and can open doors. The Queen has the ability to toggle restricted slashing to make sure that cultists can't be harmed.

Now please provide constructive criticism.. and maybe one day we will get this as a actual antag.
    Last edited by Ordosian; 07-26-2020 at 09:43 PM.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say "Please never do this on highpop" but you already said you'd do it again on lowpop so we're good.

It seems pretty cool, lag just kinda ruined it.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I question what's stopping the cultists from just meta targeting OT's and then getting free nukes to murderbone all of medical when the eventual "do it" comes. I feel like the marines and MP's already have enough problems 90% of the time as is without needing to deal with cultists now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YEAH HATE HIGHPOP. I will do one with less lag.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreydis View Post
    I question what's stopping the cultists from just meta targeting OT's and then getting free nukes to murderbone all of medical when the eventual "do it" comes. I feel like the marines and MP's already have enough problems 90% of the time as is without needing to deal with cultists now.
    Only the Cult Leader can convert so it is quite difficult to just get a OT. But I can see where the problem would be. We are planning on making specific roles be immune to getting converted so possibly OT will be locked behind that but that will be disccused.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it deserves more testing. I think you could strike a fair balance where it could fit a neat niche. The only thing I would say is that many people that play CM are very gamer and might abuse antag (cutting APC power to Comms is one thing but blowing up CIC consoles that can't be replaced is different). Maybe Xeno defcon could become a thing who knows. (assuming you made this a rare occurance). I had fun and i dont really think we had the round swing in either Xeno or marine favour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright a few things.

1. Cultists and explosives. Yeah, I know, Marines loved salting over it and I do have to admit that them using grenades to screw over the whole Marine force is a bit... much. There are going to be some who have macros to quick change into cultist robes and decide to throw a million grenades into the cade line and thats going to be no fun for anybody. I'm not sure how to solve this issue without saying "ban grenades from cultists" because thats unfair.

2. I really like the idea as a concept. It gives MPs and additional layer to worry about and something that depowers Marines, especially with balance as it is right now. I would suggest limiting it to events, making this a random chance or regular thing will end up... backfiring I feel.

3. Wiki page soon please so salt can stop before it begins.

4. More of something I would like to see evolve from this is something akin to 40K genestealer cults. If the mouse ever turns its gaze upon CM and we have to nix xenos and introduce xenonids, I feel that having a genestealer cult antag would expand upon the lore greatly and add an additional layer to gameplay.

tldr; these antags can be incredibly powerful and result in Marines going apeshit. They would need careful rules to limit how much they can fuck over Marines.
    Captain Chirs Mooris - CO Whitelist

Chris - Synth Whitelist

"CM without RP is CM without a soul"

My join date is a lie, I've been around since 2017

Trial Moderator: 02AUG2020 - 08SEP2020
    Moderator: 08SEP2020 - 05NOV2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostGhost360 View Post
    I think it deserves more testing. I think you could strike a fair balance where it could fit a neat niche. The only thing I would say is that many people that play CM are very gamer and might abuse antag (cutting APC power to Comms is one thing but blowing up CIC consoles that can't be replaced is different). Maybe Xeno defcon could become a thing who knows. (assuming you made this a rare occurance). I had fun and i dont really think we had the round swing in either Xeno or marine favour.
    We will probably disallow blowing up needed items for the marines like how xenos are prevented from melting OB rounds.

A planned feature is that admins will have a button to toggle if the marines can see who is a cultist with a HUD icon.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpii View Post
    Alright a few things.

1. Cultists and explosives. Yeah, I know, Marines loved salting over it and I do have to admit that them using grenades to screw over the whole Marine force is a bit... much. There are going to be some who have macros to quick change into cultist robes and decide to throw a million grenades into the cade line and thats going to be no fun for anybody. I'm not sure how to solve this issue without saying "ban grenades from cultists" because thats unfair.

2. I really like the idea as a concept. It gives MPs and additional layer to worry about and something that depowers Marines, especially with balance as it is right now. I would suggest limiting it to events, making this a random chance or regular thing will end up... backfiring I feel.

3. Wiki page soon please so salt can stop before it begins.

4. More of something I would like to see evolve from this is something akin to 40K genestealer cults. If the mouse ever turns its gaze upon CM and we have to nix xenos and introduce xenonids, I feel that having a genestealer cult antag would expand upon the lore greatly and add an additional layer to gameplay.

tldr; these antags can be incredibly powerful and result in Marines going apeshit. They would need careful rules to limit how much they can fuck over Marines.
    Don't believe you can have macros to put on clothing, maybe the pick up thing. The whole thing is, for a cult to grow is really hard, it does a massive sound effect when someone gets stunned or converted and we will probably have a ARES message that gives a alert once cultists have how many cultists etc or after a while.

Good points however.

Lore... LORE!.. God I hate lore.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I just played a round with a cultist as a xeno, it was refreshing to see a new antagonist in the hive. I enjoyed it and personally I think the ability to convert certain roles a great game mechanic if and only if, certain roles are immune to conversion. What I particularly like about the cultist is that it gives xenos the choice between a larva that can evolve a strong xeno or a human antag that is much easier to put down but can camouflage itself with other humans. This role may make the MPs a much more important role the game which is a good thing. Perhaps MPs will have a way of detecting converted at a FOB. Obviously cultist are still a W.I.P, and I love the new addition to the game, but I see one glaring problem.

A converted marine may simply just pick up a box of grenades and absolutely destroy squads of marines holding a cade line. As any marine player knows, grenades are extremely effective at killing humans.