User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback for the Cultists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will probably place a restriction in my events for nades depending on the cirumstance.

MPs need to do routine searches if there is a cult basically.
    Last edited by Ordosian; 07-26-2020 at 10:28 PM.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think its a great idea.

i also think there are more urgent thing to put energy on if you are devs or staff... like lag, game balance, lag and lag...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gerdy Likes Cults

Likes to eat them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    i think its a great idea.

i also think there are more urgent thing to put energy on if you are devs or staff... like lag, game balance, lag and lag...
    As unfortunate as that might sound in regard to lag, CM has a bad case of extensible demands: It lags, so people don't play it. It doesn't lag, people play it, the load overwhelm whatever optimization has been done, we're back to lag. Another optimization is done, we can accomodate 30 more player, it lags again.

Until SS14, it's unlikely we'll reach a point where CM is lag free :/

Not that there nothing to be done, but it's a futile endeavor to dedicate every effort into.

On topic: Afraid I haven't seen cultist in action, but I'm slightly worried about possible repercussion to the flow of round.

It seems like a fairly big advantage to the Xenomorph whenever they spawn, as they get informations, and they can sabotage the Almayer (if only by doing their job poorly). On top of that, doctors are extremely good target for conversion. This'll need to be very carefully balanced, and perhaps there should be a reward for rooting out the traitors (for exemple, a defcon chunk).

Perhaps this could be balanced via a lowered evolution rate or a slightly reduced number of larva, explained via some of the Queen's attention being directed at the human thralls. Significant enough to hamper Xenomorph a little, but not immediately noticable by the marines (Huh, there's no T3 yet. MP, check for human cultist).
    Last edited by Kameron Hunter; 07-27-2020 at 05:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kameron Hunter View Post
    As unfortunate as that might sound in regard to lag, CM has a bad case of extensible demands: It lags, so people don't play it. It doesn't lag, people play it, the load overwhelm whatever optimization has been done, we're back to lag. Another optimization is done, we can accomodate 30 more player, it lags again.

Until SS14, it's unlikely we'll reach a point where CM is lag free :/

Not that there nothing to be done, but it's a futile endeavor to dedicate every effort into.

On topic: Afraid I haven't seen cultist in action, but I'm slightly worried about possible repercussion to the flow of round.

It seems like a fairly big advantage to the Xenomorph whenever they spawn, as they get informations, and they can sabotage the Almayer (if only by doing their job poorly). On top of that, doctors are extremely good target for conversion. This'll need to be very carefully balanced, and perhaps there should be a reward for rooting out the traitors (for exemple, a defcon chunk).

Perhaps this could be balanced via a lowered evolution rate or a slightly reduced number of larva, explained via some of the Queen's attention being directed at the human thralls. Significant enough to hamper Xenomorph a little, but not immediately noticable by the marines (Huh, there's no T3 yet. MP, check for human cultist).
    I will probably have Almayer Cults be of separate hives so they don't boost one side specifically. Therefore if a doctor gets subverted, it will still do his job and not hinder it etc.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a rav (I think) this round. Or maybe a boiler. But it was fun, I just wish I could watch cultists.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    I was a rav (I think) this round. Or maybe a boiler. But it was fun, I just wish I could watch cultists.
    The watch ability has been thought about but it would take a lot of code work so it really depends.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that makes sense.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a handful of converted marines you can easily turn the tide.

The immunity to stuns and flashes could be changed. Perhaps higher resistance by faster recovery rate from them.

Perhaps cult leaders can only start by having the queen directly converting a captured player. This way it will actually take more effort for cultists to convert. Having a leader already on Almayer so early is too easy.
    Captain Morrigan 'M.K' Kessler

Statistics
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played a cultist a day or two ago and watching a round today, a lot of things I would recommend have already been implemented. The robes not being removable is a good thing as it makes going loud a bigger choice and encourages teamwork and organisation. The loud noise when robes are put on is also a good idea, as it means cults should be detected and forced into conflict. It may be controversial, but the stun immunity also seems like a good idea because otherwise MPs can put down cultists very easily and they don't really get to fight in a way that's fun.

Grenades are an obvious issue, and I also think req staff (and possibly some other important roles) should probably be limited in some way when converted just to prevent them sabotaging the whole operation.

But overall, I think it's impressive how much progress has been made already.