User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feedback for the Cultists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RO, CMO, MPs and command are immune to conversion.

Grenades, well nothing much we can do but it will be discussed.

Reason for the Stun immunity is because its not fun at all during HvH. Never was.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Marine - Paul 'Ordo' Starr
    Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snezhinka View Post
    Perhaps cult leaders can only start by having the queen directly converting a captured player. This way it will actually take more effort for cultists to convert. Having a leader already on Almayer so early is too easy.
    Leaders can only convert and only can convert when the queen is alive. Having the Queen to do the converts will just not work exactly as she can't spectate the cultists. The Leader is pretty easy to take down and just needs the MPs to be more clever about doing things.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Whitelisted Synthetic CallunaBorealis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in support of introducing ship-side antagonists in general, it's a great idea. Though I'm not sure if cultists may be the best way to introduce ship-side antagonists cause they require a suspension of disbelief, as they are only slightly more serious than HEFA Knights. I guess the backstory needs to be believable in the context of the current lore and atmosphere, like how these ragtag group of people have access to a Hivemind when W-Y are only recently aware of Xenomorphs at this time period.

Gameplay wise, it'll give MPs something to do other than brig marines or talk with marines who have gone insane. It'll also make marines suspicious of one another and try to talk to each other to hoping to catch a cultist that slipped. And the hidden cultist got to talk their way out of things too. Which is great. Also, gonna echo what most people said above having shipside antagonists will tip the balance in the xenos' favour so there's gotta be a big reward for shipside marines if they can overcome it. Though, this might be a challenge to moderate - Will a role play standard be enforced for converted cultists who have the role thrusted upon them, especially if such cultists goes off and rats out the whole cult to the marines? What happens if cultists who are converted got pissed and decided to just SSD or something?
    Shore leave approved for all my characters, enjoying the beaches of New Hawaii until further notice.

Plays as Heather Tanigawa (Intel and everything else), Erica Picotte (Medical) and Angela Ochoa (Engineering) in the USCM.

Aissa the Synthetic, a former waitress for a Cuban-themed restaurant franchise.

CB-** the Beno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a cultist gets pissed off and goes SSD, their body will be offered up for Dchat probably.

Cultists will be of different hives in the future so they would work against both humans and xenos. However whenever it is a 'regular' xeno cultist, the marines will probably get a reinforcement for defeating it. (not 100% sure yet).

Xeno Cultists actually exist in Alien lore.. not exactly like this but in the Earth War comic, cultists break free the queen and then get infected on purpose for her.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CallunaBorealis View Post
    I'm in support of introducing ship-side antagonists in general, it's a great idea. Though I'm not sure if cultists may be the best way to introduce ship-side antagonists cause they require a suspension of disbelief, as they are only slightly more serious than HEFA Knights. I guess the backstory needs to be believable in the context of the current lore and atmosphere, like how these ragtag group of people have access to a Hivemind when W-Y are only recently aware of Xenomorphs at this time period.

Gameplay wise, it'll give MPs something to do other than brig marines or talk with marines who have gone insane. It'll also make marines suspicious of one another and try to talk to each other to hoping to catch a cultist that slipped. And the hidden cultist got to talk their way out of things too. Which is great. Also, gonna echo what most people said above having shipside antagonists will tip the balance in the xenos' favour so there's gotta be a big reward for shipside marines if they can overcome it. Though, this might be a challenge to moderate - Will a role play standard be enforced for converted cultists who have the role thrusted upon them, especially if such cultists goes off and rats out the whole cult to the marines? What happens if cultists who are converted got pissed and decided to just SSD or something?
    Our own lore can be written for cultists. It doesn't require a suspension of disbelief. It's similar to the genestealer cult
    Walter Meldron - Human
    WAM - Xeno
    Frank - Synthetic

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only played one round with the cultists, but it was pretty cool (minus some of the lag). I think there should be more antag options and this fits in with the lore and stuff, so keep up the good work!

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious did you base this off that one Starship Troopers movie? I haven't had the chance to see them in action but I worry that most rounds will be too short to actually get many people into the event. Otherwise another threat is pretty cool. If you could do something similar to how at least TG does cult, where the more population is converted, they begin to show signs of cult-ness that would be nice, or having the robes permanently attached would also work.

My final worry about this is that combat isn't really balanced around HvH which provides a rather big issue but I'm sure you can work around it somehow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimike View Post
    I'm curious did you base this off that one Starship Troopers movie? I haven't had the chance to see them in action but I worry that most rounds will be too short to actually get many people into the event. Otherwise another threat is pretty cool. If you could do something similar to how at least TG does cult, where the more population is converted, they begin to show signs of cult-ness that would be nice, or having the robes permanently attached would also work.

My final worry about this is that combat isn't really balanced around HvH which provides a rather big issue but I'm sure you can work around it somehow.
    Currently, once the cult is ready to go loud and reveal themselves, they have to put their robes on which is permanently on them via a ability. Balance for HvH is getting worked on but it is hard.
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only way this will be remotely balanced is if a queen personally has to "brainwash" a human into becoming the first cult leader (incentive not to kill survivors???????????), because if a cult can start right on almayer, that bypasses 90% of all the security measures the almayer itself has, save for MP's themselves

the almayer is hard to breach because:

A) you have to take a dropship which is usually guarded either by turrets, by marines, or by the PO himself
    B) even if you somehow take over a dropship you will most likely get called out on radio before PO / marines die and command will lock that shit down fast with MP's + marines rushing in and shooting anything that moves that refuses to comply
    C) even IF you get past ALL of these checks without being caught, you are most likely a unregistered person on the almayer, because to get a proper IFF ID you need to go through MP's and command, who now have a legitimate reason to actually give a shit about survivors (because they might be cultists)

i mean you could get past all of this by converting marines, but good luck with that, as most robust marines worth their salt surround themselves with multiple marines and/or are at the frontlines, where its difficult to capture a marine and then convert them (especially since only a cult leader can currently convert, so they either have to risk their bacon to convert at frontline, or wait for a victim to be brought to them that isn't killed by a cultist / xenomorph)

tl;dr if cult can start on almayer its way too easy, especially how most MP's are retarded and don't have an instinct for actual suspicious behavior like /tg/ sec regulars do; they are good at taking out people who don't shoot back because of OOC rules and who are obvious in their crimes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swag, I snook on the drop ship the first test round. It's not hard.

Turrets do not shoot survivors
    Ex-Senior Admin
    Ex-Yautja Senator

Synthetic - Ordo
    Yautja - Ordorak An'th