not relevant
    Their BYOND Key
    SirLordington
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    19:20, see above date
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    2, 3
    Description of the incident
    Soldier made a ruling in announcements, I pinged him and was contesting the ruling. Later on after he had left I said something like "admins whined about me and then the ruling was kneejerk'd, literal retards." 5-10 minutes later I got banned for "Called staff "literal retards". in general due to a policy he disagreed with." Which, in the first place, is not correct. I called a handful of admins who complained about me retards, trying to spin it saying that I spoke generally about all staff is blatantly false.

Not only this, but I never specified any admins. I did not say all admins complained, nor did I say ALL admins were retarded, as a general statement it's borderline completely untargeted.

Overall, I find this whole thing extremely questionable since players are allowed to blatantly call eachother retarded and be directly insulting, but a vague statement that has no explicit target warrants an immediate 3-day ban.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Don't care, remove ban.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 07-27-2020 at 12:43 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look you don’t agree with my decision fine. You get mad and say my decision is retarded, I take it on the chin because yes it’s unpopular and I’m not offended by it.

However you called admins bitches, babies, admins should suck my dick, and you say admins are chimping out but you’re the only one who chimped out.

Can you really blame a senior admin for banning you the way you acted.

Get over yourself chainsaw. You’re not special and you don’t get to play this badass who can just talk shit about our admin team.

I’ll let nanu decide on this one but I have people DMing me that I should upgrade it to a permaban, but I won’t.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also for the record it just wasn’t you but we had issues with people pretending to be Bill Carson, and we had people saying “I thought avalanchee was banned” because they saw you.

When I made the ruling I said “as long as it doesn’t cause issues.”

Well it caused issues and sorry but we shouldn’t have to tell people “hey that’s not fitchace who BE you” or “no that’s not avalanchee that’s chainsawmullet”
    Get off my lawn you kids

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    However you called admins bitches, babies, admins should suck my dick, and you say admins are chimping out but you’re the only one who chimped out.
    Bitches? Maybe? Not sure.

Babies? Don't recall saying that

Admins should suck my dick? Definitely did not say that

Admins are chimping out? Dunno if I said that.

I'd check back on what I said, but, y'know.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had forest DM you your exact chat logs because I can’t really upload them via phone.
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    I had forest DM you your exact chat logs because I can’t really upload them via phone.
    Fair, I'm assuming it's okay for me to post them then. Instead of cluttering with text I just added baseline thoughts/explanations/concessions in the images themselves.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...52/report1.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...18/report2.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...90/report3.png

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I am correct, your defence here is that you didn't call ALL admins retarded, but just a few? Not a great angle.

Insulting other members of the community is and always has been against the rules. Whether you have gotten away with it or not previously is irrelevant. You insulted one or more members of the community. You broke the rules. You were punished accordingly. It really is that simple.
    Last edited by Sir Lordington; 07-27-2020 at 01:26 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lordington View Post
    If I am correct, your defence here is that you didn't call ALL admins retarded, but just a few? Not a great angle.

Insulting other members of the community is and always has been against the rules. Whether you have gotten away with it or not previously is irrelevant. You insulted one or more members of the community. You broke the rules. You were punished accordingly. It really is that simple.
    My defense is not that "I got away with it before" or "I didn't call all admins retarded". Specifically, if you were to read my statements, my issues are:

1) The ban reason is flagrantly false.

2) Part of what I said was clearly not serious (specifically the "suck my dick" part)

3) "since players are allowed to blatantly call eachother retarded and be directly insulting, but a vague statement that has no explicit target warrants an immediate 3-day ban." - This is in specific reference to other people, not me. It is not a defense, it is me being puzzled at the uneven doling out of rule enforcement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) No, it is not. Since you want to argue semantics, the ban reads "Called staff retards". Not all staff. Staff. You did call one or more members of staff retards. The ban reason is not false, flagrantly or otherwise.

2) Not the ban reason. See point 1.

3) When or how other staff enforce the rules is irrelevant to the matter at hand. When I see a rulebreak, I act on it. I saw you break the rules, I banned you.

Spin it however you want. You insulted one or more members of staff. This is a manifest breach of Discord rule 1. You were banned according to our escalation procedures due to previous issues with toxicity. No protocols were broken.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lordington View Post
    1) No, it is not. Since you want to argue semantics, the ban reads "Called staff retards". Not all staff. Staff. You did call one or more members of staff retards. The ban reason is not false, flagrantly or otherwise.

2) Not the ban reason. See point 1.

3) When or how other staff enforce the rules is irrelevant to the matter at hand. When I see a rulebreak, I act on it. I saw you break the rules, I banned you.

Spin it however you want. You insulted one or more members of staff. This is a manifest breach of Discord rule 1. You were banned according to our escalation procedures due to previous issues with toxicity. No protocols were broken.
    1) The term "staff" in this context has a rather strong implication of a generic targeted attack towards all staff. This is why I call it false, because your reason betrays any context or real target, and makes it look a lot more sinister than it was from a logical perspective.

2) In this case, you are discarding all other statements I have said and are suggesting the only reason I am banned is for saying "literal retards"? This makes my case stronger, no?

3) This is why I am making this report, because I believe this has been incorrectly enforced/doled out and because of the explicit failure for even enforcement of this exact scenario.

I am not spinning anything, I have been extremely open about what I've said, and have made no intentional attempts to conceal anything I've said. I even posted the chatlogs myself once they were made available to me.