User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Staff Report - SirLordington

Washed up CM-SS13 Host NGGJamie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Nanu is still the Discord Taskmaster, he may retain final say regardless. However, I will still provide my opinion on this matter.

You were originally removed from staff for how toxic you are. It would appear to me, having seen you talk in Discord since that time, that you didn't learn anything from that experience, as I've noted you are very reliable in your consistency of toxic comments. You seem to always be bashing one person or another, or the staff team, at a given moment with rare exception. You should probably be considering yourself lucky that you haven't managed to catch a ban up until this point.

I would recommend you take a lesson from this and try not to poke at people so much, then complain when you get poked back. Nobody here has an obligation to put up with you, and if you can't keep yourself from acting like a jerk, don't be surprised if this situation begins to repeat itself.

Best Regards,
    Jamie
    Synthetic Application-Leonard [Accepted] - Predator Application-Thei-De Na'Tauk [Accepted]

Mentor: 06/28/2017 - 08/07/2017 / Trial Moderator 08/07/2017 - 08/25/17 / Moderator 08/25/17 - 10/11/17 / Trial Admin 10/11/17 - 10/30/17 / Senior Mentor 10/30/17 - 03/15/18 / Mod Manager 03/15/18 - 07/08/18 / Coder 07/08/18 - 07/27/18 / Host 07/27/18 - 10/19/22

I run Linux on all of my machines and actively reject Windows. I have some cool dotfiles up on Github for configuring some of my favorite stuff.

Contact Info:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NGGJamie View Post
    As Nanu is still the Discord Taskmaster, he may retain final say regardless. However, I will still provide my opinion on this matter.

You were originally removed from staff for how toxic you are. It would appear to me, having seen you talk in Discord since that time, that you didn't learn anything from that experience, as I've noted you are very reliable in your consistency of toxic comments. You seem to always be bashing one person or another, or the staff team, at a given moment with rare exception. You should probably be considering yourself lucky that you haven't managed to catch a ban up until this point.
    My removal from staff had many significant factors, the primary one being that I refuse to keep quiet when I think something is wrong. Do I choose most politically correct or placating words for a situation? No, of course not. I have never claimed to speak in a soothing dulcet tone that makes everyone happy. This is something I will never budge on, I will never not speak out if something seems wrong or morally bankrupt, no matter how many people it seems to antagonise.

I would recommend you take a lesson from this and try not to poke at people so much, then complain when you get poked back. Nobody here has an obligation to put up with you, and if you can't keep yourself from acting like a jerk, don't be surprised if this situation begins to repeat itself.
    This is not a case of me being surprised or upset that I have been "poked back", this is a formal complaint about something I believe is wrong. Come what may, that is all it is, whether it creates a discussion within staff or just gets thrown away with a big fat "DENIED" tag bears little importance to me.

There's nothing to really say about nobody having an obligation to "put up" with me, that's true of every human on earth. Nobody has an obligation to put up with you, me, Lordington, Soldier, Nanu, and anyone reading this. Knowing this is part of why I am not hesitant whatsoever to be blunt with people, since I am also under no obligation to bend myself to fit into the category of being "nice". At best, I may choose words more carefully after this, or maybe not, it really depends on the situation at hand.

Best Regards,
    Jamie
    Thanks for stopping by. ^_^

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ban will stay.

The only wrongdoing I see from Lordington is that the Warning you were given does not contain the number of days banned, which is an insignificant issue for the player as the bot notifies you of the length when the ban is issued in itself.

You came off with toxic behaviour towards admins/staff as a whole from what i can see, even if it was only meant against those that complained you were playing a banned player's character.

And for your argument of "Even enforcement of the rule", this is similar to in-game stuff, we don't catch everything, so stating others are breaking the rules is not an valid excuse for yourself breaking the rules.

Regardless, i hope you do as you said yourself and reconsider what words you use in the future if you wish to remain a part of the community.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer