User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: solidfury7 - Moderator Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna have to abstain from this one as well. Long term player and reliable mentor before we were exterminated but.

I love ya dude but you can be combative as hell in PMs and get pretty into it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post
    Gonna have to abstain from this one as well. Long term player and reliable mentor before we were exterminated but.

I love ya dude but you can be combative as hell in PMs and get pretty into it.
    That's fair. I have always challenged rules/rulings/judgement calls which I believe are flawed, such as hidden rulings or very vague rules which different people in staff would enforce different ways.

So, yeah, I do

I have contested what staff say if I disagree with, but I think that's a healthy thing. They'll either explain further the reasoning behind their choice, or I will move onto the next stage of making a report. I'd much prefer reaching a solution in Pms than potentially spending a few days dealing with a report.

Rules are ever changing, quite a few of my old notes from years back were due to wobbly rules which staff would laugh out the park if they were suggested. I do get what you're saying, however I think it's better to have these things dealt with, no matter how tedious it may be. It wasn't too long ago when MPs were subject to hidden rulings, which even some staff didn't know about,until Soldier came in, snapped then all out of existence and laid a concrete plan down along with Nanu.

A long winded reply, but I think it's good to explain the reasoning behind my actions.

Formatting may be a bit off but I'm using my phone. Thanks for your input regardless chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Compy View Post
    Alright so mixed emotions on this one.

We all know a lot of people don't really like ya in-game since you main CMP and most people think ya to be a griefer of sorts and abuse the role.

Now you said that you'd be retiring from the role which is great 'n all but what I'm asking is how will you interact with ML Ahelps and how you'll interact with those who insult you over playing as MP in PMs while handling an issue or just chatting in dsay/say?
    I don't really get offended by people's comments in general regarding CM, I've seen people blame COs for an operation failing, despite the fact they latejoin moments before hit and evac. I think it's just people letting off steam. If it's on levels of harassment, I'd probably get another member of staff to look in to it.

With the ML ahelps, I would handle them just like any other moderator. I am well versed in marine law, which may cut down on handling time but ultimately I'd be enforcing the same rules as the rest of the team.

Just wanted to say, thanks for all the support and even the critisms. I'd get to them all but phone typing is killing me soul.
    Last edited by solidfury7; 07-30-2020 at 11:52 PM.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    snip.
    It'd be nice to have another mod who's familiar with ML onboard. So few ever want to deal with 'em but if you say you'll keep a cool head and will handle ML just fine as a mod as well as leaving CMP you're more than welcome on the team in my opinion.

Huge +1 from me and yes phone typing is a bitch. Trying to enjoy a vacation and typing up these app replies is hard lol.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will throw my support in, you have been around quite some time and from what I have seen are well versed with most rules and can act rationally when confronted with some of the more stressful situations.

+1

Commodore Greg Lauffer

Whitelist Maintainer

January 1st 2021 - June 28th 2021

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You see a staff member enforcing a ruling regarding marine law, it's a bit vague but fits on the situation happening, what do you do?
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunk1 View Post
    You see a staff member enforcing a ruling regarding marine law, it's a bit vague but fits on the situation happening, what do you do?
    Maybe this is a technicality but I'd probably mention that rulings for marine law aren't permitted, as stated by soldier in an early report caused by a pileup of rulings.

"4. ML/SOP Rulings
    The Wiki for ML/SOP is the Gospel. We don't do ML rulings, we don't rely on other discords. If there is to be a change to Marine Law, Nanu will always update the wiki. It is up to all MP/CMP players to make sure if they choose to play the role to make sure they know it.”

However, imaging that the rulings are readded, I'd allow the other member of staff to do his job, if it fits, it fits. If I thought I was too broad to the point that it could be applied to instances where it wasn't intended, I'd speak to Nanu or whomever made the ruling about perhaps readjusting it.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by solidfury7 View Post
    Snip
    Good enough. +1
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Solidfurry, when I was a player I had some issues with you when you were being an CMP, but even then you had a very solid knowledge of ML and I had to acknowledge that you didn't do anything wrong. You are a long time player and I have seen you ingame a lot. Im going to +1 your appeal and I hope to see you in the team!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application accepted.

As talked about in our DM's keep that in your memory.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer