Mogu 'Prince' Stump
    Their BYOND Key
    Nanu308
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    8:20 A.M.
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Enforcement of the rules
    Description of the incident
    During a round, someone named Jeser 'Fox' Aushwitz raised my suspicion as their surname is startlingly similar to that of Auschwitz, the title of the most prominent concentration camp. When I adminhelped how this violated the rules of 0.1 and character names, they said "It's been allowed by the hosts since 2015." I don't know why that's a just reasoning for someone to be continuing to play with a clearly offensive name, it would be like naming myself Holdomor and saying it has no relation to the catastrophic event which starved millions. I don't think it was appropriate to not judge them based on what someone said five years ago, nor do I think it would be much of an inconvenience for the person with the name to change it. If anything, it's condoning offense and harassment of a class of players who identify themselves with groups associated with that name. It's just really upsetting to see them condone that type of behavior.

Furthering on that, they denied my perfectly acceptable player report on Swagbag, whom I believed to have broken rule 1 by use of sexual euphemism, however they seemed to have disagreed.
    Evidence
    Post logs in replies please.
    How you would punish the accused
    I really don't know but I found offense to it, so I'm sure others do find offense to the name as well, I just don't want rule breaks to go unpunished.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [07:40:47]ACCESS: Login: Jeser/(Jeser 'Fox' Aushwitz)
    [08:17:36]ADMIN: HELP: Mynameajeff/(Mogu 'Prince' Stump): Yo, there's a guy literally named "Aushwitz" like the concentration camp. - heard by 7 non-AFK staff.
    [08:17:40]ADMIN: nanu308 has used 'Mark' on the Adminhelp from Mynameajeff(Mogu 'Prince' Stump) and is preparing to respond...
    [08:18:02]ADMIN: PM: Nanu308/(Lurker (CL-857-A1))->Mynameajeff/(Mogu 'Prince' Stump): been allowed since 2015 by hosts themselves and wont change
    [08:18:16]ADMIN: PM: Mynameajeff/(Mogu 'Prince' Stump)->Nanu308/(Lurker (CL-857-A1)): Wait what?
    [08:18:41]ADMIN: PM: Nanu308/(Lurker (CL-857-A1))->Mynameajeff/(Mogu 'Prince' Stump): yes
    [08:19:00]ADMIN: PM: Mynameajeff/(Mogu 'Prince' Stump)->Nanu308/(Lurker (CL-857-A1)): OK so glad to see you tolerate neo-nazis. Expect a staff report.
    [08:19:10]ADMIN: PM: Nanu308/(Lurker (CL-857-A1))->Mynameajeff/(Mogu 'Prince' Stump): Ok cool

And here's the Swag report: //showthrea...Swagbag-Rule-1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mynameajeff,

The previous host (Apop) made a ruling that Jeser's character was acceptable, and when he roleplays he doesn't make any references to anything anti-semetic, holocaust related, nazi related in his speech etc... You've been here for a little while, and suddenly you're pointing your finger at him "IM OFFENDED BY THIS!" when almost everyone in the community has played with Jeser. I find it hard to believe you're suddenly offended, especially right after a frivolous player report was denied.

We believe in fairness, if a character was ruled ok by a previous management if its conforming to the rules, if the rules were to change, we would give a reasonable accommodation to the player that they would have to change this character. When I was mod manager I previously ruled that we would keep the ruling as being "Grand fathered in."

Now if Jeser were to go around spouting racist and anti-semetic remarks, by all means he would be punished.

Also your report against Swagbag was not reasonable and acceptable, it was quite frivilous. Cooties is a term used in grade school, so yeah I see this more as a revenge report.
    I'm going to make this clear to you.

You have instances of the past where you claim you are "shitposting" by saying THIS WAS EVENT DUMB STAFF REPORT TIME or pretending to execessively salt just to get a rouse out of people. We're tired of your shit mogu, and we're not gonna tolerate it anymore. This is your final notice, knock it off or YOU WILL BE COMMUNITY BANNED.

The whole "I'm offended" game doesn't work with me or any of the other managers/staff because we determine what would a reasonable and prudent person actually be offended by.

This report is denied.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids