User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How can someone get the most of of smartgunner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Find a good player, stand behind them and fire at whatever they fire at.

Your biggest strength is your IFF, letting you shoot through players, however your ability to actually kill anything is dependant on the aim of whoever is in front of you.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure there are marines between you and the xenos.

Spam left click on enemy sprites.

Getting greedy for kills is an easy way to get killed yourself.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure to drop empty drums instead of equipping them in your suit slot, saw a dead SG with an ammo drum in his suit slot yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    improove precision - on
    recoil compensator - on
    motion detector - on
    lethal, autoshoot, and all other crap stay OFF.

-no attachi other than rail flash light on the SG gun

-*set yourself a macro to switch from armor shredding to precision bullets so you can switch ammo as needed while shooting.

-carry at least 2 extra high cap power cell to replace your battery when they gone (you will need it if you dont die early)

-trow away your m3a4 out of your smart gunner belt so it dont hinder your fast reloading.

-carry minimum 4x m56 rounds.... i like to carry 7 or 8 total (4 in belt and the rest in a backpack that carry in off hand / leave at a stategic place with meds and shit i like in it)

-allways have some pfc between the action and yourself.

-*focus shooting on stunned xeno.

----------------------------------------
    i dont play much SG caus when i play it i shoot around 6000 bullet per round and so it give me carpal tunnel syndrome lol, otherwise im a pretty competent SG.
    those point upthere are my ABC. Enjoy.
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 08-02-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AP rounds deal half the dmg of non AP rounds, but have the perk of breaking armor, many people call breaking armor useless, I call them idiots. But you have to be smart on switching your ammo types. Because your smartgun PER BULLET deals less dmg then a pistol on either round. Make sure you have burst fire turned on, and use a BFA or don't, doesn't really matter. And for the love of fuck do not die or get captured. A smartgun is the biggest force multiplier you have. Imagine a line of 3 marines with B8 L42A's firing all at the same time. You're literally 3-5 marines stacked up into one bundle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an SG main, I try to be as self reliant as possible. For my load out, I put my sidearm in a shoulder holster and fill up the belt with all the drums I can. I'll stick my MRE and a battery in my armor, and if I can get my hands on them, I'll put grenades in my medium pouch. All extra drums and other nonsense I get I'll put in a labeled bag and leave it close to where I think I'll be.

The whole role of the SG is to shoot their weapon towards the bad guys. While it doesn't do a whole lot of damage with a single shot, some concentrated hits will make them run. I hit the bigger Xenos with some shredder rounds, and once I see them running and some blood splatter out, I switch to precision. I'll chase them a little bit too, not so far that I'd seriously expose myself, but just to make sure they don't just go heal right around the corner. Xenos generally back up further because they assume a gunner wouldn't push without a swarm of Marines to come up right behind them. You can use the time it takes for Xenos to realize it's just you to recover a dead Marine or destroy some hive shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember, dont play SG like a main damage role, SG is a support role IMO that can provide heavy covering fire, and usually is only the one leading a push if they're paired with other SGs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a CIC that tells you where the main front is. This makes it so that the SGs all clump up in one spot rather than follow their own SLs to places where they are more likely to get flanked, die or not contribute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, sticking with the other 3 SGs and steamrolling everyting with 4 machineguns is pretty much the way to go, bonus points if the CO orders a fifth smartgun from REQ and joins the fray
    Last edited by ManoftheMountain; 08-10-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManoftheMountain View Post
    yeah, sticking with the other 3 SGs and steamrolling everyting with 4 machineguns is pretty much the way to go, bonus points if the CO orders a fifth smartgun from REQ and joins the fray
    Five SGs? How about eight, specs can use smartgun too and the only specs that are good right now are arguably RPG and GL, sniper is decent but not a game changer, while scout does its own thing that is often unrelated to actually fighting.
    Pyro shouldn't bother existing.