User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How can someone get the most of of smartgunner?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty simple.

Boil down your key actions to these tips and rules on the front.

1. Don't be the POINT-MAN (GUY IN THE FRONT LEADING THE PUSH), no, your SG isn't going to kill that ravager without help.
    I remember one round I unloaded 20 bursts with armor shredding into a ravager and it did not die or feel threatened enough to not kill me.

2. Take BINOCULARS, laser designators, regular or rangefinders. Staying behind the pointman means you don't always know what to expect even with the SG MD. Use your binoculars when you feel the urge to to scope out what's coming and to get to the best position before the xeno does or moves in to attack.

3. Bring at least one high-capacity battery or better

(optional)

try to get a medkit pouch and medkit to fill with injectors and bandages rather than being limited to just two first-aid pouches.

Bring a M44 with enough heavy ammo, a B8 scope, Recoil Compensator and optionally a Laser Sight. These attachments allow you to shoot one handed with less recoil, and going through all regular marines and Almayer crew. Heavy ammo doesn't apply an ability lock or daze though, it will however flicker stun all T1s in most cases and some T2s (lurker, spitter, burrower) at close range, this is useful when you are getting chased and need to run, where wielding your SG and firing wouldn't do much and get you killed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    Five SGs? How about eight, specs can use smartgun too and the only specs that are good right now are arguably RPG and GL, sniper is decent but not a game changer, while scout does its own thing that is often unrelated to actually fighting.
    Pyro shouldn't bother existing.
    10 if you add the SEA.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SEAs aren't allowed to directly fight as OOC rule I heard.

And I'd still say it should be at most eight, since having at least two specs is a more effective force multiplier than two more SGs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SEAs are allowed to fight after the xenos hijack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accuracy improvement on, recoil reduction on, rail flashlight: check.

Shoot everything just to help keep up pressure, but imo your real job is to kill anything that gets stunned, or be the only useful person in the fight when a lone xeno is running through a pack of marines trying to get them to FF each other.

Bonus: Use JTAC since you have nightvision.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Specs can't use SGs anymore. This do be sad. CO role is being turned into shipside RP. This do be sad. Ya get 4 SGs planetside, and 6 shipside if all the SGs survive evac.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xeno perspective on SGs:

1 SG covering a choke = tier 1s can't approach and tier 2s are deterred

2 SGs covering a choke = tier 2s can't approach and tier 3s don't want to hang around

3+ SGs anywhere = OHGODOHFU-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fire support. You come down with about 2500 rounds of ammo that can shoot through friendlies. Your job is to make it so that any xeno is being constantly punished for pushing forwards. The iff is actually a big deal. A lot of times I will pb a tier1 or t2 into the ground, move behind them to block, pb again and then promptly get murdered by ff and the xeno escapes. With a smart gunner teamate I can pb, block and know you wont kill me and help me secure the kill. Another big asset is your ability to harm queens coming to screech. Usually queen screeches involve a shit show of people flipping out, throwing nades into piles of marines and ffing each other to shreds. You can stand back outside of the screech range, and just dump on her. Sometimes in close quarters its the only punishment a queen will receive for her push.

Your strongest asset is magazine size and IFF. Your job is to help secure kills that marines have blocked, that the sadar has hit, or otherwise cannot be attacked for fear of shooting teamates.

My loadout is pretty simple. Toss the pistol and ammo, carry 4 spare drums. Bring 2 extra batteries. Get a auto injector kit and a first responder belt, that way if no medics are around you arent wandering half blind. I usually turn on armor shred and leave it on. Recoil compensation and accuracy. Auto fire is a drain on the battery and I dont personally find it useful. You should already know what you want to shoot at, and cloakers are easy to see with or without night vision.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Be SG
    2. SG go BRRT
    3. Profit

Throw away your sidearm and sparemag, load belt with spare drums and leave the one that dosent fit at FOB. Two battery's in your armor. Double first aid pouch. Fill webbing with 1xSplints, 2xFirst aid injector, 2x Painkiller injector. PKI and FAI in helmet. Dont stop clicking until carpel tunnel sets in, you Lose a limb or are unrevivable. Ridiculous amounts of meds keeps you fighting even medics are busy. DO NOT EXPECT TO GET KILLS. You are a support role made to instill fear in the beans and to stop them healing in the middle of a fight.

Edit: DONT FORGET TO TURN ON YOUR SUIT LIGHT. JUST COZ YOU CAN SEE DOSENT MEAN OTHERS CAN SEE YOU
    H'chak Best click clack.

Alice 'Snow' Falkner: The one TRUE snowflake.

Lurker 420 Points at the dank weeds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my exp as SG you need to use brain and focus ONE beno in fights even if it's not queen. Dont swap targets like idiot and spread dmg. Mostly what i saw first i shoot first if many focus something i try to focus it too etc etc.
    Sg is a lot of dmg but all depends on ammo type a k a learn what beno hit with what ammo.
    Cultivate fingers to a jade level and click like madman.
    Never stay close to benos if not forced kite them.