User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How can someone get the most of of smartgunner?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best I got from playing a smartgunner wasn't playing a smartgunner, it was actually playing spec. If you are playing spec and find a dead SG, you can try taking their gun and gun's systems and use it with whatever spec weapons you have. You will have to carry your spec weapon in your hand since there won't be anywhere to store it with the smartgun on your armor and the powerpack on your back, but you can have some amazingly fun and powerful experience if you're lucky enough and can handle the clunky-ness of having both spec and SG weapons.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CiPia View Post
    The best I got from playing a smartgunner wasn't playing a smartgunner, it was actually playing spec. If you are playing spec and find a dead SG, you can try taking their gun and gun's systems and use it with whatever spec weapons you have. You will have to carry your spec weapon in your hand since there won't be anywhere to store it with the smartgun on your armor and the powerpack on your back, but you can have some amazingly fun and powerful experience if you're lucky enough and can handle the clunky-ness of having both spec and SG weapons.
    Spec can't use SG anymore
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHAT. Awwww, that sucks. In that case forget what I said I think everyone else already explained everything with how to have fun as an SG and how SEA and COs can use it, soooo have fun.

*pain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The good thing is SG now can fire fully automatically so you no longer need god level carpal tunnel to be a good SG. Just hold down that left mouse click and DESTROY!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight0gamer View Post

I feel like I can’t deal any damage and the smartgun feels underwhelming
    Oh you have NO idea how much of a cancer SGs are for xenos. Most of the time anything under T3 will be hesitant to even push marines if there is an SG on sight. It can decimate you with perfect accuracy. You might think it does no damage, but truth is, you shredded 80% HP from a xeno in 3 sec and they are forced to retreat to heal incited of sticking around and damaging marines.

SG is like spitter on xeno side. You will rarely have any kills, but holy shit you are going to be annoying to deal with. Both can stop pushes and do extreme amount of damage. I hate SGs as much as I hate spitters. They are extremely useful in the right hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The full auto update takes it to a new level of fun. Click toggle burst mode twice to set the gun to full auto. Point at edge-of-screen points of interest frequently as you are one of the few who can see in the dark. As others have said, toggle on accuracy improvement, armor shredding (what I use most of the time, though the ammo switch macro is a great idea), recoil stabilizer, and motion detector. Once you kit up with battery, ammo, and meds, head to req for more SG drums, they usually have like 4 or more. I usually deploy with a backpack of several extra drums. Never be on the front line, always move in groups. Focus fire on one xeno target per engagement as much as you can. If you and 1-2 other friendlies focus a single xeno with good accuracy, even T3s can get melted pretty quick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that great

you mostly sit there babysitting marines so they don't get freely carted off or killed when some xeno CC or an FF grenade stuns them, but the weapon is awful to use by itself and you're a free kill to literally anything that gets you alone.

The SG needs a fast toggle to disable the IFF and do more damage; would make him less useless by himself and increase viability of pushing with more risk/reward involved. As it is, its a very boring role to play, with no clear direction to the player what its even intended for, whether by instruction or just intrinsic function, so you get a lot of green SG players who try to fight 'wrong' and die fast.

Vital for covering pushes but then that also comes back to CM's huge problem with marines relying HEAVILY on their 4 SG's, and 4 Specs to carry literally the entire rest of the battalion.

Overall I give current SG a C-, its ok, very important for marine win/lose, but not very fun or satisfying to play.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you're not doing enough dakka