Your Character Name?
    Elder Queen (the First)
    Their BYOND Key
    Forest2001
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    3pm EST, roughly
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Do not abuse your power
    - This should go without saying, but abusing your power as staff can - and will - result in swift punishment.

Preserve the RP and enjoyment of the server
    - If a player breaks a rule, but increases the enjoyment of the server in general, (through roleplay or other such things) it can be overlooked. If no one admin helps (ahelp) a complaint, or seems to be complaining or taking issue with it, it may be best to let it go.
    - We're a server focused on the enjoyment of the players. As long as the players are having a blast and not every single rule is being broken, it's okay to let some things slide here and there.
    - Do not try to heavily influence the game unless it is for very good reasoning such as for an event, a player purposefully holding up the game, dishing out punishment for rule breaking (Examples: a commander killed a marine unjustly, a squad of marines are killing other marines for no reason, a queen is slashing every host known to man, aliens have stacked too many huggers) or other such things.

Both of these rules were broken in an extreme manner. I was threatened with a ban for refusing to ruin the round for the other xeno players, despite almost every xeno that round thinking I was an excellent queen
    Description of the incident
    I was the round start queen on Big Red. This was my first round rolling queen since I came back from my few week break, and I decided to go with my classic Eva Caves hive. Marines drop at LZ2 and LZ1, I send the xenos to go and wipe out Alpha at LZ, after alpha gets wiped the xenos flank around via admin and the office complex and we fuck up the marines who were rushing lambda lab and filt caves, since they were following the standard meta strategy.

Marines evac before 13:00 I believe, and then I say 'we aren't gonna hijack because the QM just told me they have about 100 people on the ship' and I had maybe 23 xenos left after taking LZ1.

I am told via QM (which is just xeno OOC, let's be real here) to 'stop being cowardly' despite being one of the most aggressive queen players on the server. I had xenos complaining I deovid too early, so claiming that we were playing cowardly is just insulting.

Forest PMs me, I ask him to find a new queen player, then I ghost and he bans me from all xeno roles permanently.
    EvidenceHow you would punish the accused
    Demotion from admin manager, such a blatant abuse of power so soon after being given a high-level role like this is unreasonable.

An apology would be acceptable as well.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...90/unknown.png

Also this is the head count an observer posted, showing that there were in fact almost 100 marines on the ship, and the xenos were outnumbered 4 to 1.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually instead of demotion from admin manager I would just like to have Forest publicly apologize to me and allow me to play xeno again

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will apologise that the ban may have been harsh. That said however, the hive automatically wins if you hijack.
    The bioscan provided is not accurate to the time I was talking to you, there were approx 90+ total humans, and approx 60 of them were combat forces.
    Roughly thirty xenos too.
    3:1 advantage is tough, but not unwinnable.
    In our PMs I told you I would judge whether it was a metaevac or not, and take the appropriate action. Owing to the delay of yourself and the subsequent replacement Queen the marines had the chance to recover any losses and new players joined.
    I chose not to delay the round any further by sending an XRT.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting as a witness and a xenomorph in the round, marines evacuated because xenomorphs were pounding the LZ1 really hard. Cades were barely withholding. Marines were pretty bald and couldn't hold well. I don't see this as a metaevac at all. If you break into LZ1 even if there's around 90 humans in the game, marines have every right to evacuate, and the next step in the game is for you to go up.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I was the CO for this round.

To summarise events from my perspective, Alpha was to head to engineering via LZ2 and get power online, then head through the research labs, Charlie was to head to the bar, and Delta to research. All pretty standard stuff, drafted with the XO.

Alpha more or less immediately died (8 marines out of 24 remaining in the first ten minutes of an op) due to a well placed ambush and the rest of the forces seemed to start routing from the bar and medbay abnormally quickly.

Our main potential turning points were the two OB's that we had which managed to do a decent job from the sounds of things, but by the time the marines were pushed back to LZ1 I had, to my knowledge

- A dead Normandy Pilot who died on the first drop
    - No more OB's as we were still DEFCON 5 (or at least, I did not notice at the time if we had further funds for more)
    - The Executive Officer had deployed without really telling me and got himself killed in the medbay, I had not heard any significant comms chatter from him for around fifteen minutes before he died.
    - The Tank was destroyed
    - Every single time I looked through a squad members helmet, I'd see holes in the LZ from several angles, North, South, etc. Telecomms was still secure, but I was seeing holes in the north and southeast and it did not sound like we were holding at all.
    - North LZ got Mortared

At the time that I called the evac it seemed as though the FOB was not going to hold together for much longer. Some squad leaders told me to delay the launch, but unfortunately I was not able to stop it before it happened. This left behind something like 20 marines, some of whom made it to LZ2 for an evac.

In retrospect, I probably could/should have called for a redeployment via LZ2, and I failed to evaluate that we actually had far more marines than I realised that came out of it, but the overall performance of the xenomorphs made me feel like our actual fighting force was less than it probably was.
    Last edited by forest2001; 07-29-2020 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Requested edit of: "the bar" to "LZ1"

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HBlokkum View Post
    Played as a runner this round, (and spent most of the time actually just running around because the marines got deleted)

I can see both sides to this

It is the obligation of the Queen to move the game forward when the marines evacuate, but due to the numbers when the marines returned to the ship it was a hard decision to make. A handful of xeno's did not like the idea of going up to their immediate deaths, myself included. Regardless, it has to be done to prevent the round from getting stagnant.

HOWEVER, if the PMs that Just L posted above are not taken out of context I believe this situation was handled very immaturely, and escalated without reason. Perhaps explaining your intention that, "Hey, I understand that the odds are not in your favor, but I want to move this round forward quickly. Please instruct the hive to move with you towards the ship."

That sounds much more reasonable and mature than, "Either you go up or you're xeno banned." or "I'll find one either way, it won't change whether I ban you or not."

Then again, it's possible that we are not seeing the whole conversation here from Forest's side.

Nevertheless, it should be up to the staff to maintain a professional attitude regardless of the situation. This isn't a healthy way to engage the community.
    I have posted all PMs I had with forest, I don't like to hide information. I made this report so that players can see it was unreasonable the way he chose to act. Yes, it was silly of me to make that queen announcement, but I was really just doing it because I thought it was funny. If forest PM'd me and asked me to hijack the ship to avoid delaying the round further, I would have negotiated with him to get some sort of bonus to the xeno numbers before hijacking. Instead he chose to immediately threaten me with a xeno permaban for not wanting to kill myself and the other xenos after what I thought was an excellently played round by the xeno team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uploading logs:

If i missed anything just let me know.

Queen talks with Forest over PM's
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Queen OOC's when found out she was banned.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Queen talks in hivemind about refusing to hijack.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Queen talks in dchat

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi this is not a place of opinions but fact. Just cause you were playing and saw what occured doesn’t mean you need to give a dissertation on what you believe staff did wrong

Thank you
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 07-30-2020 at 12:38 AM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After thinking on it, I agree the bans were excessive. I have removed them, but would like you to keep this report standing as if it is decided I made a mistake I intend to face the consequences of it freely.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001