User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Xeno Macros

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the night vision one I'd have no problem with that coming back. To be honest I have no idea why it was removed in the first place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Night Vision, Weeding, Resin Structure are some easy ones that really shouldn't make the game harder for marines, but would be massive QoL improvements for xeno.

While Runner and Lurker and Rav doesnt' need macro, having them ain't bad, since middle click/shift click can be annoying at times. And it's not like it'll unbalance the game by giving them macro ON THEIR ONLY ABILITY either.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can already do that with the middle click thing. Just have a mouse that you can re-program and change your middle click to whatever you want.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumdor View Post
    You can already do that with the middle click thing. Just have a mouse that you can re-program and change your middle click to whatever you want.
    I already use shift click to use abilities IDK what you are talking about. I just want to beable to switch between abilities and use stuff like night vision with macros so I don't have to look away from the screen to click the ability I want to use in the middle of a fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nightvision and walk/stalk were macro'able when we could macro .clicks

Since then most xeno macro were removed and I don't know why. How hard is it to make a verb in a tab?
    Pretty sure gitlab had stuff accepted regarding that already.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolth View Post

Since then most xeno macro were removed and I don't know why. How hard is it to make a verb in a tab?
    It's most likely just low-priority on the devs to-do-list.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They gave us back walk/stalk a couple of months ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a hotkey, not a macro. I don't want to use '5' on my keyboard for a macro that is supposed to be used during fast paced ambushes.

Also Lumdor, I personally tend to pause from a project to realize quick and low time consuming tasks to actually please 'customers' with reactivity at the cost of being 15 minutes late instead of pilling up 10 small tasks that I will work on after the huge project.

Dunno if that make sense I can't read back what I wrote since the text size is big af on that new forum and I cba scrolling up on my phone :P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyAlone0309 View Post
    We don't have to start with combat castes. Helping drones with some macros so they don't have to switch the structure around willy nilly alone is already great.
    This, it would just be a nice QoL improvement for that special xeno who goes support. Separately macroable pheromones would be a nice choice too, e.g a hotkey for frenzy, warding, and recovery. However coming form the marine side if we're talking marcos I'd honestly like to see separate issue order macros (move, hold, focus fire) first, but I imagine that once you've done it for orders it would be easy for pheromones.

I don't agree with the idea of frustrating UI being a game balance mechanism. But I understand where you're coming from and if macros were implemented and they had a notable impact warrior/defender kills or even win rates then I'd accept something like longer ability cooldowns, some kind of delay for macro use, just as long as it has the convenience of pressing a button instead of clicking.

I struggle with defender and I'm put off playing warrior because I know the ability management in battle is stressful af.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a hotkey, not a macro. I don't want to use '5' on my keyboard for a macro that is supposed to be used during fast paced ambushes.

Also Lumdor, I personally tend to pause from a project to realize quick and low time consuming tasks to actually please 'customers' with reactivity at the cost of being 15 minutes late instead of pilling up 10 small tasks that I will work on after the huge project.

Dunno if that make sense I can't read back what I wrote since the text size is big af on that new forum and I cba scrolling up on my phone :P.
    It is a macro, I have it set to f to toggle my run/walk so I can cloak as a lurker easy.

toggle-move-intent