Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Xeno Macros

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heraclitus View Post
    This, it would just be a nice QoL improvement for that special xeno who goes support. Separately macroable pheromones would be a nice choice too, e.g a hotkey for frenzy, warding, and recovery. However coming form the marine side if we're talking marcos I'd honestly like to see separate issue order macros (move, hold, focus fire) first, but I imagine that once you've done it for orders it would be easy for pheromones.

I don't agree with the idea of frustrating UI being a game balance mechanism. But I understand where you're coming from and if macros were implemented and they had a notable impact warrior/defender kills or even win rates then I'd accept something like longer ability cooldowns, some kind of delay for macro use, just as long as it has the convenience of pressing a button instead of clicking.

I struggle with defender and I'm put off playing warrior because I know the ability management in battle is stressful af.
    We had macros in the past. I can switch defender tailsweep/headbutt faster than it goes off cooldown so having a macro wouldnt make it any faster just less of a pain in the ass. Warrior I already dont even use lunge I just walk up and grab people and have it set to punch anyways so I never switch but thats cause im bad so it would help other people to have a macro for it. They need to just implement pheromone changing while resting cause you dont really need to change pheromones on the fly that often but being able to switch to recovery while resting would be nice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle-Move-Intent has a macro AND a hotkey put into it in the same patch. Hotkey is 5, and macro is well, Toggle-move-intent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh that's new then. Good to know. Nevermind my oof post then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xenos need macros for all of their abilities, including warrior and prae and defender. It wasn't that serious of a balance issue, otherwise marine macros wouldn't be a thing either.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have over-exaggerated. Though it's most likely on the bottom of the list to give macros back to the Xenos after .click and all the stuff got taken out. Still believe that it would give an even bigger advantage to Xenos if every caste could be macroable. Then again it may not be as big of an issue as I'm making it out to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    We had macros in the past. I can switch defender tailsweep/headbutt faster than it goes off cooldown so having a macro wouldnt make it any faster just less of a pain in the ass. Warrior I already dont even use lunge I just walk up and grab people and have it set to punch anyways so I never switch but thats cause im bad so it would help other people to have a macro for it. They need to just implement pheromone changing while resting cause you dont really need to change pheromones on the fly that often but being able to switch to recovery while resting would be nice.
    That's a good point on pheromone changing I hadn't thought of actually. And I see how ability cool downs reduce the need for macros, I'm just a huge scrub with xenos and I'd like it to be easier myself and other scrubs like me to get the most of each caste.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumdor View Post
    I may have over-exaggerated. Though it's most likely on the bottom of the list to give macros back to the Xenos after .click and all the stuff got taken out. Still believe that it would give an even bigger advantage to Xenos if every caste could be macroable. Then again it may not be as big of an issue as I'm making it out to be.

I see what you mean Lumdor, since most people can play xenos right now without macros it's not an urgent problem and there does need to be balance, even if I don't like using UI to balance things. But this wouldn't be SS13 if the UI wasn't frustrating to deal with sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use a lot of macros for marines,would use more if .click was enabled,but for xenos i find a bit useless.My opinion tho,also you can make your own macros.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 months later still no macros. Can you just go ahead and tell me we cant have them so I can quit caring?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I bet they have to figure out a new way to enable macros without .click, as that was pretty abusable from what I heard. That is likely slowing them down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean shotgun macros still make buckshot essentially fully automatic, giving xenos the ability to toggle their abilities dosen't seem crazy strong in comparison.