Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Xeno Macros

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justicer3792 View Post
    Well, I bet they have to figure out a new way to enable macros without .click, as that was pretty abusable from what I heard. That is likely slowing them down.
    anything thats toggleable can be made into a verb. Whats the difference between clicking a button and clicking a word?

Head Ukraine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    anything thats toggleable can be made into a verb. Whats the difference between clicking a button and clicking a word?
    Well, if you have .click enabled, even just for buttons, I'm pretty sure that means it's available for anything. It's meant to simulate an actual mouse click, and there aren't really easy ways to restrict it's use as far as I understand it.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justicer3792 View Post
    Well, if you have .click enabled, even just for buttons, I'm pretty sure that means it's available for anything. It's meant to simulate an actual mouse click, and there aren't really easy ways to restrict it's use as far as I understand it.
    Unique action (think reloading shotgun) for marines is both a click on an icon on your screen and a macro. They can make anything a macro without .click. We already have toggle-move-intent which is the exact same thing as any other button on our screen too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Devs won't add macros because xenos are already the most skilled players and adding macros would make them gods the like of which hasn't been seen since the Sulaco days.

Or more likely it's just effort to code and would make marines weaker, which goes against the whole xeno hoard angle the devs love.
    Last edited by Chocolate_bickie; 03-14-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well... Benos with macros wouldn't have any reason to look at their HUD. Their HP, plasma and pheromones are displayed, no reloading and things like that. That would be pure mechanical buff.
    Marines have focus on HUD to reload a gun, heal, etc.

I don't have opinion about it, but warrior that reliably juggles between grab, punch, bi-ped and quad-ped is something I fear.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Well... Benos with macros wouldn't have any reason to look at their HUD. Their HP, plasma and pheromones are displayed, no reloading and things like that. That would be pure mechanical buff.
    Marines have focus on HUD to reload a gun, heal, etc.

I don't have opinion about it, but warrior that reliably juggles between grab, punch, bi-ped and quad-ped is something I fear.
    You still have to focus on things like resist, and the top left HuD for using abilities, being able to macro them wouldn't be stronger than marines macros for reloading, pickup ammo, pickup gun etc.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    You still have to focus on things like resist, and the top left HuD for using abilities, being able to macro them wouldn't be stronger than marines macros for reloading, pickup ammo, pickup gun etc.
    That's the point. With macroed abilities, benos wouldn't have to look anywhere else than battlefield. This would be huge QoL adventage. Resist is macroable.

What macros for reloading? Is there a macro to reload Pulse Rifle, or shotgun in one click? No, you have to atleast click on a belt, then click on a gun. Those things can't be macroed.
    What macros for picking up ammo? There is no macro to pick ammo from belt, satchel, armor, or webbing. Those things can't be macroed.
    Marines without guns are defenceless and weapon sprite for shotgun is pretty small. This is something nearly essential, but I must admit that I'm not using it, but I can understand marines who do.

The only thing benos need to be macroable (and that currently aren't) are those abilities. Other than that, everything combat related is macroed. Maybe besides pheromones, but it's not something very essential that you have to juggle directly in combat. Rather just before ambushing etc.
    That would be huge adventage for benos over marines with macros. In what world do you live? Do you even play marines? Apparently not, since you still think "one click reload" macros exist.

Ironic... Since you called me out for never playing xeno.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    That's the point. With macroed abilities, benos wouldn't have to look anywhere else than battlefield. This would be huge QoL adventage. Resist is macroable.

What macros for reloading? Is there a macro to reload Pulse Rifle, or shotgun in one click? No, you have to atleast click on a belt, then click on a gun. Those things can't be macroed.
    What macros for picking up ammo? There is no macro to pick ammo from belt, satchel, armor, or webbing. Those things can't be macroed.
    Marines without guns are defenceless and weapon sprite for shotgun is pretty small. This is something nearly essential, but I must admit that I'm not using it, but I can understand marines who do.

The only thing benos need to be macroable (and that currently aren't) are those abilities. Other than that, everything combat related is macroed. Maybe besides pheromones, but it's not something very essential that you have to juggle directly in combat. Rather just before ambushing etc.
    That would be huge adventage for benos over marines with macros. In what world do you live? Do you even play marines? Apparently not, since you still think "one click reload" macros exist.

Ironic... Since you called me out for never playing xeno.
    I don't experiment too much with macros, other than shotgun. I think you can macro taking ammo out of rigs and you can stacks macros to go through a list of commands, so you might be able to to do that.

As for reloading I was talking about shotguns (unique-action).

I know I post alot in The Hive but my game play is about 50-50 xeno-marines, with the marine 50 split between ship side roles and usually PFC.

I play a bit of everything cos I get bored with xeno and marine has more freedom (RP wise, not map wise).

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_bickie View Post
    I don't experiment too much with macros, other than shotgun. I think you can macro taking ammo out of rigs and you can stacks macros to go through a list of commands, so you might be able to to do that.

As for reloading I was talking about shotguns (unique-action).

I know I post alot in The Hive but my game play is about 50-50 xeno-marines, with the marine 50 split between ship side roles and usually PFC.

I play a bit of everything cos I get bored with xeno and marine has more freedom (RP wise, not map wise).
    So you judge marines for something you "think" they might have, instead of knowing it for sure? One click reload was possible long time ago, but it was disabled. ".click" was disabled also. You can't macro taking ammo out of rig. That would take something like "auto-clicker", program outside BYOND, something that isn't allowed and could be used for beno macros aswell.

Are you talking that clicking tiny icon after each shotgun shot isn't crippling? What benos have simillar to this? Do they have to macro "pump-spit" after every neuro? I don't think so. You are just complaining about things that marines have, while not taking into consideration that benos posses far superior mechanics without "quirks" and "gimmicks".

How much what do you play doesn't show what do you main. Mindset show what do you main and I can spot quite a lot of quirks of a xeno main.

What RP freedom have marines, but xenos don't? You can meme, you can have personality, you can do whatever and your beno character knows everything thanks to magical "Hive Mind".