User Tag List

Thread: Why not make CL objectives random

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not make CL objectives random

Like on a normal SS13 server when players are chosen at random, why not make that what the CL gets. This doesn't mean that every round the CL will become an evil traitor, but just that there is a random chance of something like that happening instead of relying on admins. 8 out of 10 rounds the CL gets an automated fax telling them that the company has no objectives for them to complete. But one round they could get one saying they need to gather as many xeno corpses as possible. This way the CL gets more to do then usual. As someone who plays CL a lot eventually it just gets boring. Recently I've been making marines PMCs but even that is starting to lose its fun as captains immediately arrest you. Doing something like this for CL would make the job more interesting, and get rid of the need for admins to write a bunch of faxes.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mods can write faxes, too. They just don’t, because they can’t really do events.

But yeah, giving the CL some more stuff to do would be nice.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it'd just create a bunch of baldies who play CL just for the chance to get a traitor objective, and then ghost when they don't get it. I think CL objectives should be reserved for an every now and then. 8 out of 10 CL rounds being an automated fax with no objectives is roughly the same chance you have of getting an objective anyhow.
    Joe Dafoe, PFC/hobby Huntard hunter.
    Xenomorph FOE, disgusting runner/warrior main.
    Yautja hunter Nall'kro, clanless heathen.