Byond ID?
    Jamesthebond

CM Character?
    Jonathon'Ghost'Granger

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Est

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Arma 3, teamspeak, discord

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    No

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    N/A

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No i have not

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Far as i know i have not been banned for 24 hours on any server

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes to the best of my ability

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I will first and most importantly Investigate, and will refer to Marines law and Server rules. For this situation, I would pm the person and warn them based on Server role Rule 4. No griefing and issue the proper punishment.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    i would Refer them to Report a player on the forums and give them the person's Ckey Required to make their player report.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would Notify or tell a SEA the location of such Person if none were present if i were allowed i would Pm the person and Take place as the SEA since i have been a SEA main with 148 + hours

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would act in a professional matter and said if he has any issues he is welcome to Ahelp again if he desires but if the situation actually needed a Admin in a special situation i would allow him to talk to Admin + via notifying Admin if not i would allow a more experienced Mod to take over the situation

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would investigate into the matter if it was a new player or what not. but i would notify them that is not a valid name to use as it is used to identify dead bodies and if they do not change names i will be forced to take action after warning them a previous round and ect.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Outdated question gonna presume ship side role over all. i would investigate to see if he was transporting weapons to cargo or what not.then Based on previous Notes i would warn or issue the proper punishment after referring to Marines law

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would investigate into the matter if it was a new player or what not. then look at the Server Combat logs depending on the situation i would refer them to player report or breaking SOP then issue the proper punishment or warnings involved

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would investigate the Mp and Depending on the newness of the MP i would warn him or issue a player ban if this was a repeated action for failure to abide by marine law as MP

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    If i had the ability i would make the CO have a feeling in his head of where the aliens are located as ive had that happen to me as SEA.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Investigate the Player accordingly and warn them for Grief if this was a repeated action punish them accordingly after Solid proof they were doing it many times within a given time .

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    i would refer to Server Rules Rule 4 *End of Round Grief (EORG) is fighting and generating any combat logs with friendly players after the round ends and is an immediate 3-hour ban without warning. Exceptions are between normal enemies, such as Marines and Aliens, Marines and UPP, etc.* and state it is allowed to fight hostiles after round in as long as they are not friendly .

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would investigate the player to see if he was either new or a returning player if it was a Old player i would warn him or punish him for griefing after PMing him to see what the problem is if it was a New player id refer them to an SEA .

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    if the person that originally Ahelped was new and was shipside and mistakenly attacked on harm intent in Cryo i would issue a Grief Warning to the murderer other wise i would state Marine law.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I would warn the Mutineers they had not A helped, are not eligible for a Mutiny and tell them based on player count There must be at least 5 members with MPs to mutiny if they request me to do their mutiny, etc. but if they Do a mutiny without eligibility I would have to issue warnings or even bans based on the severity

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    i would investigate the matter. then tell them that it is not against Server rules or marine law and it may not be supported on the server but it is allowed and if it was a major problem refer them to the player report on the forums

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    with picture of the combat log Issue a ban For griefing in briefing for any later Staff Repors that may come for unjust and ect

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Investigate see if they are new or old player but if they are not new to Xeno game play issue Low RP warning

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    i would investigate the matter and Refer to server rules, depending on the Severeness aka Mutiny against the queen i would Issue a Warning.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Pm the person and Refer to a Server rules then pm the person if they realize that and Ect but it is a minor Lrp break that can be ignored in my point of view

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Pm the Staff player how do they know and Investigate the issue Aka Fax from planet saying help aliens or meta gaming issues then do the punishment based on severity .

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would refer to a more experience moderator but i would investigate and warn them on Lrp if their was another pod near and ect.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Pm them* Rule 3. Don't be a dick - Harassment, racism, bigotry, homophobia, exploiting bugs, cheating, hacking, and just plain being an asshole. Giving out plot spoilers to any media with malicious intent is not allowed, but the general discussion of plot that contains spoilers about media released 1 year ago or longer is fine.
    Acting in a hostile tone using profanity and minor racism within roleplay is permitted. However, staff reserves the right to make calls on situations if a player has crossed the line. If a staff member tells you to stop, you stop.* and if it persist i would take a appropriate actions

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would investigate and depending on different Scenarios i would react. For a Pfc in caves he is responsible for his safety when SSD. or if the CO was SSD at round start on the ship then i would notify admin based on the circumstances.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    i would Professionally PM them and assist them

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Notify the Mod manager about the issue

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    i would like to help and assist the community and help newer players enjoy their experience. Since i am a SEA main character Moderator would help me find and train newer folk, allow me to have the time to assist people while i wait for new players.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Integrity and professionalism

Anything else you
    as a SEA main i refer to marine law constantly so i am used to Recognizing Marine law issues and some Server issues.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there Jamesthebond, thanks for applying for moderator!

Your note history is fine, your gametime is bit lowish last month but fine overal.

Going over your answers does make me doubt that moderating is something for you, for example:

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would act in a professional matter and said if he has any issues he is welcome to Ahelp again if he desires but if the situation actually needed a Admin in a special situation i would allow him to talk to Admin + via notifying Admin if not i would allow a more experienced Mod to take over the situation
    You are not obliged to get an admin+ to the conversation when they ask for it, it's unnecesary. They should make an staff report if they think you did something wrong, and you should leave it at that.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would investigate into the matter if it was a new player or what not. but i would notify them that is not a valid name to use as it is used to identify dead bodies and if they do not change names i will be forced to take action after warning them a previous round and ect.
    Having a wrong name has to do with breaking our game atmosphere. The correct way to handle this is: PM player about the wrong name, check notes for any history with wrong names, tell them to change their names next round and ask for a replacement name for the current round, then apply a note.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Outdated question gonna presume ship side role over all. i would investigate to see if he was transporting weapons to cargo or what not.then Based on previous Notes i would warn or issue the proper punishment after referring to Marines law
    This is an IC , SOP issue and is handled by the MPs. There is no rulebreak here. So you should not warn/note them for it.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would investigate into the matter if it was a new player or what not. then look at the Server Combat logs depending on the situation i would refer them to player report or breaking SOP then issue the proper punishment or warnings involved
    Currently, survivors are NOT allowed to be hostile at all. If this happens, they should be warned/ and or punished for it if they have an history (eg jobban).

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    If i had the ability i would make the CO have a feeling in his head of where the aliens are located as ive had that happen to me as SEA.
    The hint here is the word "encourage", and not telling them the exact location of the aliens, as that would be metaknowledge for the captain. Moderators can give messages into someones head, so what you can do is something along the lines of "The xenos are low in numbers, an attack now would be wise".

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    i would investigate the matter. then tell them that it is not against Server rules or marine law and it may not be supported on the server but it is allowed and if it was a major problem refer them to the player report on the forums
    Racism is allowed, but to a minor degree, as is written in the rules. You should check what was being said and determine from there if it was really offensive or not.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    with picture of the combat log Issue a ban For griefing in briefing for any later Staff Repors that may come for unjust and ect
    Blatant grief like mass shooting at briefing is an instant 28 days ban + filing for perma.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would investigate and depending on different Scenarios i would react. For a Pfc in caves he is responsible for his safety when SSD. or if the CO was SSD at round start on the ship then i would notify admin based on the circumstances.
    This is an IC issue and does not require any moderator/admin intervention. You can suggest to the player that they should get to medbay for a larva removal.

Some of your answers are fine, but others are not. Looking at the overal picture, im going to -1 this appeal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for applying James ya answers have been pretty much gone over by Xperia now like was said ya playtime has not been that great last month but I remember interacting with ya very recently when we dealt with a new player and even though the player was a handful ya dealt with the issue quite well so even though ya answers are bit iffy and playtime is too I'm gonna give ya +1 because that issue shown to me ya have some potential and with training from our trainers and improving ya playtime ya could be a good mod

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xperia15 View Post
    Hey there Jamesthebond, thanks for applying for moderator!

Your note history is fine, your gametime is bit lowish last month but fine overal.

Going over your answers does make me doubt that moderating is something for you, for example:

You are not obliged to get an admin+ to the conversation when they ask for it, it's unnecesary. They should make an staff report if they think you did something wrong, and you should leave it at that.

Having a wrong name has to do with breaking our game atmosphere. The correct way to handle this is: PM player about the wrong name, check notes for any history with wrong names, tell them to change their names next round and ask for a replacement name for the current round, then apply a note.

This is an IC , SOP issue and is handled by the MPs. There is no rulebreak here. So you should not warn/note them for it.

Currently, survivors are NOT allowed to be hostile at all. If this happens, they should be warned/ and or punished for it if they have an history (eg jobban).

The hint here is the word "encourage", and not telling them the exact location of the aliens, as that would be metaknowledge for the captain. Moderators can give messages into someones head, so what you can do is something along the lines of "The xenos are low in numbers, an attack now would be wise".

Racism is allowed, but to a minor degree, as is written in the rules. You should check what was being said and determine from there if it was really offensive or not.

Blatant grief like mass shooting at briefing is an instant 28 days ban + filing for perma.

This is an IC issue and does not require any moderator/admin intervention. You can suggest to the player that they should get to medbay for a larva removal.

Some of your answers are fine, but others are not. Looking at the overal picture, im going to -1 this appeal.

Thank you for the output and overlook I wish there was a moderator list listing ban type for ban hours on public display but Awan and grim said there wasn't so I couldn't be too detailed. but overall, if I get accepted I would look forward to being trained to correct my Answers and mistakes you listed by far, But thank you for your Reply!
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheeks View Post
    Thanks for applying James ya answers have been pretty much gone over by Xperia now like was said ya playtime has not been that great last month but I remember interacting with ya very recently when we dealt with a new player and even though the player was a handful ya dealt with the issue quite well so even though ya answers are bit iffy and playtime is too I'm gonna give ya +1 because that issue shown to me ya have some potential and with training from our trainers and improving ya playtime ya could be a good mod
    I do not have to echo myself from the other reply, etc. Like grim and Awan said about training for moderators I do look forward to doing it and time-wise i have been busy organizing my next college courses and Being a SEA main gets boring when you have 150 + hours in the same role but Thank you for helping me with that one situation that guy did have a rough training but it was done in the end before aliens boarded but thank you for your +1!

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so since I'm on phone I'll just DM you on discord in the morning and ask you questions there. I'm actually quite annoyed this cursed phone typing...

I'll either edit or make a new post.

The Neverplayer Commodore
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno if I get a vote but yes for this guy.

Super helpful and helps out a shitload of recruits

+1
    Captain Morgan Young

Charlie Squad Medic main and the worst nade Thrower you Will ever see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I +1 too. They are super helpful and also a good guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cringe nonmods posting on moderator applications, smh.

Your answers do need some work but I definitely recognize you and I know you're a good mentor so I think you atleast deserve a trial. Tentative +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone so far for your +1s !! I know my answers are choppy but that is what Training is for right! maybe ? *joke* i know i need a training horribly and look forward to it if i get accepted but thank you so far everyone!

Discord Jonathongun#0219