User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas mask - Why so unpopular?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gas mask - Why so unpopular?

Tittle says it all. Why is so unpopular?
    People say it doesn't works but im able to survive 2 or 3 clouds instead of only one. You do lose a shit ton of vision, but if you are a medic/engie or marine just firing away in the enemy's general direction, its a reasonable debuff.
    Did they get buffed and no one noticed? Or where they allways like this and they didn't catch on?
    It might be because i love the trench vs aliens warfare that allways end as soon as a boiler engages, but beeing able to handle the m56 the aliens thought disabled due to gas has let me hold the lines and kill some xenos multiple times in the short time i've been here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having limited vision while you're moving through any map is a huge detriment to your survival.
    Rail light is best attachment for a reason.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    Having limited vision while you're moving through any map is a huge detriment to your survival.
    Rail light is best attachment for a reason.
    ^This

You can argue the gas mask can go in your armor slot, satchel, etc. but there is opportunity costs associated cuz space is limited. I personally prioritize having two guns, ammo, and meds. I've seen people use the gasmask and m56 extremely well, but again, it's an opportunity cost and whether it's worth or not is up to the player.

Personally, I wish you could leave the mask on your head if you don't have a helmet, and toggle to your face if you want to use it. Makes sense mechanics wise and would offer a benefit to using bandanas, berets, etc.
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand they buffed it, how effective is the gasmask now? Do you still take large damage in acid clouds and do you still get blured vision and deaf in neuro gas?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just so much better to wear breathing mask and air tank in a pocket. Since injectors fit in helmet you are only loosing two "small" spaces in exchange for normal vision and no need to do anythibg more than just click to enable internals.

Maybe it was stealth buffed, since nobody besides new players even bothered to wear them since vision loss and pain crit was applied anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure how useful the mask is. I've seen different outcomes while wearing one even if the scenario is the same. I want to use it but the results confuse the shit outta me

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is why

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can't see when you wear it and you still die if you get stuck in a boiler cloud

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they'd just change gas masks back to being straight up aesthetic items because at the moment they're garbage.

CM needs more fluff items in general.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's shit
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator