User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gas mask - Why so unpopular?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only time I've ever taken a Gas Mask was for Fort Biceps. No other reason to take it unless you're expected to guard/defend the FOB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because the vision loss is not worth it when there are Ravager or Crusher, which is like most of the time. If you are in an open area, you can almost alway successfully dodge the gas so no need for it. However, if you still use gas mask, you can no longer reliably dodge Ravager and Crusher charges. If you are in an corridor, yes you could really use a gas mask but Ravager and Crusher are even more dangerous here. So in either case you are better off without a gas mask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very marginal situational improvement, not even a full advantage, for massive tradeoffs.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a noob trap, just like lots of marine equipment. Make it an aesthetic item again and remove any ambiguity of its usefulness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I WOULD LOVE TO USE IT REALLY LOVE TO i think it looks so deam cool, but it takes my vision out and as a medic i can't have that luxury, and even if it saves from gas, i rather rave a night raider, that i can use as a last last resort in field.

if it was only aesthetic i would use, but by now even if it protects you from gas... man no go, the vision effect on it is way to strong

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gasmask....

Had a huge ass visor that makes up 80% of the mask...yet takes your vision

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It needs a rework for sure. With husking removed it's usefulness is kinda gone, the damage reduction is nice at least.

I wouldn't mind it blocking vision behind you tbh or blurring the outlines heavily

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needs a medium boost to reduction of damage of green gas, enough so you can run through gas from full HP and not die, and full immunity to neuro gas.

That is if the vision debuffs stay. Otherwise its a trash item aka noob trap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its take up inventory space and by time you've put it on you're dead anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akabinxstar View Post
    Gasmask....

Had a huge ass visor that makes up 80% of the mask...yet takes your vision
    thats so true and its really funny to point this out since full face masks for scuba diving are a thing just cause it doens't take much of your vision, and even less if you compare to any other mask, plus full face mask is terrible at keeping water compared to the regular scuba diving mask, so yeah truly it wouldn't protect you a lot from that THICK green gas, but wouldn't take much of your FOV either. it would be OP if you could see and avoid gas, but, right now, you can't see and can't avoid gas, plus. you can't you a coif or a knife in the slot.