User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gas mask - Why so unpopular?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gasmasks should be removed from mask slot and moved to head slot, where it can be pushed up or down like a welding mask with a single click and no timer. While up, it provides no bonus. While down, it gives the vision reduction and gives immunity to neuro gas and a strong resistance to acid gas. In exchange for this gas protection, you can't wear a helmet because it's on your headslot, as well as giving view reduction while down.

Tradeoffs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vision restriction makes no sense considering the gas mask sprite, the sprite we are using looks far akin to some civilian model that offers no real obstruction of vision, at least in comparison to military gas masks.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's shit. The vision reduction would be OK IF and only IF the gasmask gave a RELIABLE protection equivalent, which it doesn't. At current, gas can still kill you even if you're wearing the mask.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wearing a helmet already makes you soft why would you wanna wear a helmet for your lungs

just hold your breath bro gas clouds aint shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exact same reason why the rail flash is the best attachment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very situational. In general, I only find a use for it during FOB or Almayer defenses where the boilers are out there lobbing up snot clouds left and right. Since you know there's a 'cade between you and them, and you know which direction to fire your gun for effect, it allows you to stay close to the 'cades and punish encroaching Benos.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very situational, it takes up space, and by the time gas hits and spreads, you might not have time to even get it out depending on where you are. And even if you do have it on or get it out, it's still not going to really protect you much to justify its existence.

It might be more viable if it was turned into an armor attachment of sorts, much in the same way that you clip a webbing to a uniform. You could clip the gas mask to your helmet, and have it come down when you click on it. That doesn't solve the issues, but that at least makes it a little more viable/convenient.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only loadout were I really use it is on my 'Battle engineer' loadout. It's pretty good to hold the line and continu the suppressive fire with your M56D while in the boiler gas to keep the xenos away from your cades. But this is the only moment where I really use it
    The French Madmen: Capitaine Renaud 'Sierra' Chatillon

Almaric, the history teacher synthetic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was able to make very limited use of it when we were pinned down in a chokepoint, the mask at least let me move forward in the gas a bit.

But the complete LOS block of the gas, plus the gas masks vision limit, makes that usefulness very limited since even if you do move through the gas you are still taking damage AND no one else can see you, meaning a possible combo of xeno hits and FF hits.
    This is war, survival is your responsibility
    Captain Alan Bentway
    Synthetic: Nicholas
    Hunter Kwei Ikthya-de

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    because it's trash