Date of Incident
    August 1, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Darwin 'DJ' Jefferson

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Wibo333

Accused Character Name
    Grub Dunkers

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    LV Event Round that started at around 3:50pm Central

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 2(RPstandards), maybe 4

Description of the incident:
    In an Event round on LV, an Egg Morpher was already spawned in a containment cell (at least I think it was an egg morpher, I don't play xeno, it launched out facehuggers), and after about 2 minutes, we had a Queen. After briefing if I remember correctly, the XO Grub Dunkers came to Containment and more or less took control away from me (technically within his rights, the CO didn't wake up yet). However, after I was busy dealing with a marine trying to kill me, I found that the doors to the Glacial hive were open, and the xenos were putting up pylons and resin holes. Meanwhile, XO Grub Dunkers kept on going on about "petting zoos" and ignoring the fact that according to an admin(Forest) and myself aHelping to confirm, that I had authority when it came to Research/Containment related stuff since the CO at that point woke up. The CO wasn't fully aware of how bad Containment had gotten, and told the XO to deploy the Glacial Xenos. I advised CIC to move the xenos two at a time so that they wouldn't do as much damage if they decided to backstab us. The XO overruled my suggestion and moved all the xenos at once. The second the dropship left, they killed the XO and everyone on it, and presumably bolstered the xeno numbers on the ground. The XO went DNR according to medical comms, although I don't know if he did it manually or if that was just his settings, no way to tell.

His actions were grossly negligent, and rather LRP (ignoring the medical head in the favor of doing what he wants, the "petting zoo" announcements). Other than the CO telling him to deploy the xenos out of exasperation from what I can tell, no one was actually in support of his actions.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Screenshots:

https://i.imgur.com/KeZfxUB.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3C2AZsI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZUo94ia.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IUSISp5.jpg

(I also have the raw footage, but the above screenshots should suffice. If the footage is required, I can provide it.)

How you would punish the accused:
    A heavy warning if this was his first time offense, with a possible jobban if he is a repeat offender. I understand that it was an event round, but his actions were inexcusable as it directly led to marine deaths, and the only way he tried to convince us everything would be fine was that the xenos agreed to be part of a "petting zoo."
    Last edited by Sora9567; 08-02-2020 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Mispelled "Rule 2" under "Rules broken"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I observed this and joined the Glacial hive later, what Sora said is mostly true. After they launched Alamo with the glacial xenos, the xenos killed everyone including the XO who went DNR. The Glacials later won the round by disabling the nuke and beating 3+ deathsquads shipside.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be depositing logs within the next 12 hours.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grub when they find out about the xenomorphs shipside and postpones briefing:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Grub finally deciciding to hold briefing:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Grub after deciding to give the xenomorphs Jones:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Grub arguing with the CMO:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CO being informed of the shipside xenomorphs when they wake up:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Grub deciding to allow the xenos a bigger hive:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Grub formulating the "petting zoo" idea:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Grub reacting to negative reactions and responses to his decisons:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CO deciding to order the XO to deploy the Glacial xenos against the hostile xenos in the AO:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The xenos deciding against it and turning on the marines:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

(everyone onboard the dripship was killed, including the XO)
    Last edited by Novacti; 08-07-2020 at 05:13 AM.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry for the fact that it ran so out of hand and me not understanding proper procedure our authority over the research cells, I thought the XO has final say in certain events aboard the ship, unless the CO says otherwise.

The actions I made with the xenos spawned on board were very radical and maybe really ran out of hand but I really thought it would turn into something special or awesome instead of 'lets kill the xenos in containment' and try something new.

At first my intentions were a petting zoo yes, but after speaking with the Synth the queen seemed loyal and wouldn't mind destroying the other hive, so as XO I thought they could make up for some kind of a special task-force. Everything worked out, the glacial xenos actually listened, got to DS2 and no marine harmed them, apart from one marine.

ONE SINGLE marine killed a larva, after that the queen made an elaborate plot to kill me after landing as revenge. I didn't know the larva was killed, nor that they were going to betray me. Things worked out and I wasn't warned during the event so I thought I was allowed to go a lil crazy and make something special happen.

For what it's worth, this was the single best moment I've ever had in CM. But I'll certainly Ahelp next time instead of just coming up with schemes myself.

I'm very sorry for how the round turned out, I still hope everyone had a good time. That's all I wanted.

- Wibo333 / Grub Dunkers

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be resolving this report within 24h from when the logs gets an update. If you have anything else you wish to bring up i recommend speaking out now before it gets resolved.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just really sorry for how it ended, I wish the queen didn't betray me after landing and then proceeded to act on her own accord, before that I really did try to just stay in character and do something that would be a bit more exciting instead of killing the xenos or keeping them shackled for the entire OP in containment.

I certainly didn't want to break any rules or upset anyone though, I very much enjoy being XO. But I have to agree that I should have Ahelped instead of just executing the plan I had. I figured that if anyone was to object they'd PM me and the CO just didn't mind since they woke up late and such.

Anyways I'm terribly sorry if it really screwed everyone's game up, that was not my intention whatsoever.

Wibo333 / Grub Dunkers

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs of the CO has been deposited in [blue] some comments and actions have been subtracted to improve reader comprehension.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the CO that round, the main concern I had with the contained xenos was that they would break out from containment (which they did) grub apparently let them scot free or some shit, I was very eager to blast those xenos but with how little manpower we had in the MP force it felt like a can of worms that we couldnt deal shipside, the plan was very simple, deploy the xenos and let marines fight them.

If anything XO should have known better, xenos are vicious creatures, not pets and the fact that I had to juggle between him doing stuff without letting me know, CMO freaking out that XO kept overruling them and an ongoing operation that required co-ordination from CIC, made this a literal nightmare, as a matter of fact i found the XO more invested in the contained xenos, which is fine, but instead of focusing on the on-going operation, and announcing his pet zoo deal instead of doing his job as an officer kept me on my toes of just telling MPs to arrest him for NoD.

I wouldnt reccomend blasting from orbit the XO as he may have found the xeno event interesting and he being capable of having a saying on how it went out, but it should serve as a reminder that containment is named containment because it contains dangerous creatures.
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My apologies for this taking such a long time to be solved, i was out of town for a while.

In regards to deploying the Glacial hive to the Colony, not lrp.
    In regards to being betrayed by the Glacial Hive, not lrp.
    In regards to trying to diplomatically communicate with a second hive, not lrp.
    The XO claiming control over research, IC issue. You have MP's and or High Command to fax with as well as a Captain. XO is only above the CMO in Medical matters when he is the Commander aka when the Captain is not awake.

Calling the Xenos for "Pets" and Containment for a "Petting Zoo" is however lrp especially from a commissioned officer of the USCM.

And as stated previously, hopefully this stays as a reminder xenos have no obligation to help the Marines.

Wilbo will get a note/warning for LRP as XO.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer