Date of Incident
    August 2, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Cheng Jinping Chan

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    NA

Accused Character Name
    Glenner Muller

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    UTC +8

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 15. Military Police

Description of the incident:
    Improper procedure.

Here is the issue.

CMP Glenner Muller did not follow the procedure. She grab me inside brig and my mindset "Oh Captain Roman will discuss something about the issues."

So I got startled because the CMP brought me inside viewing chamber or execution room with all my equipments including guns. So she went south maybe and then cameback and says "You are arrested for being a murderer." I believe the CMP thought that viewing chambing windows are ultra window that can't be shot and she went south or went outside of the brig. So I escaped and destroy the two windows.

And the Captain announce for my execution and i escaped. So the CMP tried to make a trap or fool me without following the procedure by not stating the crime and removing my equipment. I believe that isn't acceptable at all for not following the procedure and locked me up inside viewing chamber.

the question is: Why didn't she put me inside the cell or perma brig and didn't explain my crime and didn't remove my clothes/equipment.

Do not include the ISSUES OF DELTA SL,Captain, Wamakahana and I from this report. Its been handled.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I got no evidence but we got logs.

How you would punish the accused:
    Ban for the role of CMP/MP. She doesn't read the marine law.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Additionaly the CMP shot me with the L42 which she had on herself before we went to blue alert for entering the brig, which was blown up because Windhealer jailbroke himself with smuggled C4. I ran away and they kept chasing me, CE was in their way so they arrested him without following procedure and dragging them to CIC. This one was handled by Desmet though, I decided it should be said anyways.

They additionally stunbatoned me to unconsciousness and dragged me to CIC for some reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    viewing chamber, rather.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO here. CMP commited multiple questionable things that round and I had to try and manage her.

Roundstart Windhealer was talking about blowing up the brig on the open radio and the officers heard it of course. Delta SL brought attention to this and tried to silence them, but got labeled a snitch. Later Cheng and Windhealer were openly talking about doing some kind of bodily harm to him and SL attacked Windhealer with something. I'm not sure if it was straight after that or later, but Windhealer PBd the SL in the briefing and ran off. Then a Bravo marine dragged the SL away to heal up and Cheng ran in and PBd him to death. CMP apparently was new, since even though Windhealer was in the prep room, she could not find him and I had to lead her to him myself. Windhealer was arrested.

Now from the legal standpoint here's what I think the sentences should have been:
    Delta SL: assault. Later on he came to CIC to protest Windhealer's execution and he confirmed that he assaulted him, but was afraid of Cheng and Windhealer fragging him, so I let him slide for now since I was on my way to deal with the Windhealer's situation.
    Windhealer: assault with a deadly weapon. CMP on the other hand added some other charges and placed him into perma. I was on my way to brig to get him to appeal and drop anything but the proper charge. Unfortunately Windhealer escaped from the brig before I could do that. I believe that the addition of those extra charges should be investigated in this report too.
    Cheng: murder. After Windhealer escaped mid round I saw Cheng, outside the brig had a couple of words with him and the CMP just passed him, even though his arrest was ordered long ago. I had to personally call her to get him arrested. Later she came in CIC and said she wanted to execute him due to brig being blown up. I authorized and announced the execution. CMP failed executing Cheng and I wouldn't be surprised she failed to follow the proper procedure, but I didn't witness it. Later Cheng apparently killed the Delta SL again.

Then there's the Connor Anderson situation. After Windhealer escaped the brig both my XO and one of my LTs believed that OT Connor Anderson was an accomplice who helped Windhealer escape. This was discussed on the command comms. Later Connor Anderson entered the blown up brig, in his words to watch Cheng's execution and got immediately attacked by CMP with L42, and Connor reported it immediately on the radio. Here the situation is rather murky. CMP, being on the command radio, should have known about Connor being a suspected accomplice to Windhealer and even though a brig was blown up, he technically comitted a trespassing. So I believed IC and still believe now that her shooting Connor is "technically legal". Not a good showing by any means, but even roundstart she stated that she was afraid that Delta is coming for her and she was the only MP for the most of the shift.

Then there's also the CE situation. Connor Anderson reported that CMP attacked CE for some reason, I didn't get the time to investigate that claim during the round.

In the end I think at least a timed CMP ban is warranted here, but we also have to understand that rounds such as these are extremely taxing on MP players, so I think some level of clemency is warranted.

Also for the sake of fairness I have to report my own questionable deed. Later in the round Windhealer barged into the CIC with a shotgun in his hand. He just stunned CMP but I saw the shotgun in his hand and though that he PBd her, so I gave chase and killed him. The most questionable part is that I did not announce that as a BE, since I believed it was a self-defense case due to Windhealer already committing assault with a deadly weapon and being a leathal danger to everyone on the ship.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Investigator's Note - Due to the complex nature of what actually went on. All relevant logs will be included as to provide the admin making the final decision the most amount of information possible. No logs will be with-held, regardless of previous action that had or hadn't been taken.

<Wamakahana logs in. He has no interaction with MPs prior to this point that can be suggested by logs>
    Spoiler Spoiler:

<Confrontation between Windhealer & Chan vs. Butch + Ahelp by Windhealer>

Spoiler Spoiler:

<Continued back and forth with multiple pings by Cheng talking about the matter in LOOC and alleging a metagrudge>

<CMP gets informed. ND with shotgun in Alamo.>
    Spoiler Spoiler:

<Logs contiinue where Windhealer attempts to continue the argument. Only relevant line is as follows>
    Spoiler Spoiler:

<Windhealer is placed in and flashed in cells. Conversation about Windhealers arrest continues. Ahelp put in by Windhealer and answered by Forest. >
    Spoiler Spoiler:

<Captain gets information from Butch regarding the incident, implicating Cheng.>
    Spoiler Spoiler:

<Cheng starts an Ahelp. Windhealer uses C4 to escape.>
    Spoiler Spoiler:

<Windhealer kills Butch>
    Spoiler Spoiler:

<CMP moves Cheng into Brig>
    Spoiler Spoiler:

<During this time, no logs are generated by Cheng until he meets up with Windhealer, presumably outside of Brig>
    Spoiler Spoiler:

<Windhealer generates an Ahelp requesting to help Cheng who has escaped by this point. Desmet takes ahelp and asks for specifics but isn't given any. Party moves to CIC. There is only statements that they need to rescue Chen without specifics.>
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record, while not subject of the actual report, Windhealer broke into the brig prior to their arrest and hid C4 in the hydroponics room. This shows clear intent or foresight of issues happening.

I turned it into an event instead, or would have if they’d not been caught and executed first. But had I not done so it is likely Dreven would have been banned and the situation with Cheng averted or mitigated.

The CMP player had less than a days playtime at the time of this incident, and I do not personally consider them at significant fault although they did violate some portions of marine law.
    Last edited by forest2001; 08-03-2020 at 01:04 AM.

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a somewhat irrelevant correction, at some point in the log I said: "CMP you're not authorized to carry a shotgun on Blue". It was a mistype on my part and was locally said to XO, who took out a shotty out of the armory for some reason. I corrected myself later.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Now let me explain, this new player and probably a 13 year OLD KID for attacking us because he says we CORNERED him which is a biggest LIE cause im just putting magazines for my M41A and stabbed us and not being arrested also for his actions by stabbing us. I admit i murdered him 2nd time because the MARINE LAW OR COMMAND isn't FAIR but its been handled by Ugnip so no worries. We got stabbed, Wamakahana, the Delta and me should be in the jail at the same time cause 3 of us commited a crime. The CMP is the worst for not investigating it well.

Please do not comment anymore. We got logs and I explained my side. Thats all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading this report, I have come to a couple of conclusions.

First of all, Cheng and Dreven did not follow Self Defense laws as written in Marine Law. They failed to inform about the use of said self-defense and did not use proportional force.

This makes them both liable to murder as they shot the SL which later died from their injuries.

The CMP shot another player while chasing them down; this seems to have been handled by a moderator in-game where they were given a warning for that instance of ML/SOP violation.

Before and after that, however, there are multiple instances of the CMP violating Marine law. They failed to state people were under arrest before trying to go for the arrest, they also tried to skip execution protocol it seems.

Due to this, the CMP, aka player Martin468, will be given a CMP job ban. They can, however, continue to play regular MP for now.

For the execution /BE performed in the CiC by the Captain, that will be forwarded to the CO Council to have a look at when it comes to checking the validity of it.

Report Resolved.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer