Date of Incident
    August 2, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Rodolfo 'El Gato' Dumas

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Oreven

Accused Character Name
    Lukas/Lucas something

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    04:55

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 15. Military Police

Description of the incident:
    All begins when the C.E comes to CIC and asks me (aCO) if he can announce something, which i respond to no. The player left and probably copied on a paper and then comes rushing and rushes to the console and sends the announcement, which in this case i was currently typing cause you know last stand, fob holdout, etc.

I proceed to announce over MP comms to the Chief MP to arrest said individuall, then all of them started to "why do you want him arrested" and such talk, when they finally caught him, the CMP released the CE cause there was no evidence, even so, he stated that he saw the announcement made, and he was releasing the CE for it.

CMP was obviously trying to release the C.E and we all know why. I have no problems with that player, but I know its true.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...18/unknown.png

Then the CMP tells all his men to go CIC and proceeds to arrest me for a "SHOVE" . I will say i was really upset and some curses might appear in the logs.

Arrest Immunity
    The Captain is not above Marine Law. However, they may not be arrested without the explicit permission of High Command. Should the Captain break Marine Law, High Command may be contacted via fax for permission to arrest the Captain

As i was the acting commanding officer they had to fax HC which he did not, and performed an arrest based on a shove.

This player have demonstrated in several times how innept he is at CMP or MP. This might not sound valid cause im talking about this round in specific
    but this is why im currently making this report.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...18/unknown.png

Copy of the announcement made by the C.E

How you would punish the accused:
    Jobban from MP / Heavy warning.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a MP this round. Arresting aCO that is not the Captain does not require HC permission, just a fax after the arrest. Which he provided. The CE was released because he was good at backtalking and made the CMP believe that you told the CE to not announce after he already announced.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye I was the CE and everything you said in this report was true, however thats from your perspective. From the CMP's perspective he had a distraught CE tell him a very convincing story about how the XO only gave him an order not to announce AFTER the announcement (a blatant lie) and that you punched and shoved me (half true) following the announcement, that and the fact that you minced your words and kept adding things over MP comms didn't make your side of the story look 100%. The CMP was manipulated yes but I don't think they did anything wrong as they were acting on the information they had IC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was playing as MP Brett McMatherson.

XO did indeed order arrest, however he said just "Insubordination" as far as I remember and we were not sure, if he meant Major or Minor Insubordination. CMP has later arrested CE and followed standard ORA procedure: investigated claims. He questioned you on command comms and after some talking with you (Where, it seems, you were distracted, since you said that you ordered CE not to make announcement after CE made announcement) and after 10 minutes has passed he (CMP), with information he had on hand, concluded, that CE was not guilty. While Lucas Arckley is leninent, I would not say, that he is incompetent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As stated before by the others, aCO doesn't get arrest immunity, as the verbiage states.

A whitelisted USCM Captain. Anything with the word Captain only applies to Whitelisted USCM Commanders. These rights cannot be transferred.
    You're under

Commander: The current Commander of this ship. Anything that mentions the Commander also applies to acting commanders. These rights are transferable to any new aCO.
    So no captain privileges protect you. I can't really speak to the rest of the nonsense considering that I was ground side for once as an engie instead of MP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the CMP,Lucas Arckley.

For the matter of my incompetence I will only leave this following sentence.Sgtmike did see some incidents over the course of multiple rounds which would led him to brand me incompetent(although that is based on information from his perspective alone),and it is understandable.

I am,as MP/CMP, someone who is very immersed in the role(HRP,basically).As such,I go out of my way to make sure that I do not use any OOC information to make my decisions(no metagrudges,ect.).In the rounds before the incident,I saw Wakamahana Windhealer/Dreven do some some shenanigans to the expense of the MPs.Now,given that I would eventually play as CMP later,and he might do them again(if he was still playing),I was very cautious to not act based on my OOC knowledge.After he started selling stunprods,as CE,(he called them lightning sticks or something similar) to marines at the beginning of the round,Me and MPs arrested him for major contraband.I obviously knew that he did give the marines stunprods,given the behaviour in his previous rounds.

However,from the perspective of the CMP,things were different.CE,while indeed capable of making stunprods,was not the only one capable of making them.He twisted words while I was questioning him extensively(I don't like imprisoning unless I am very sure of the crime),and describing the reason for the name of the stunprods(I won't bother you with the discussion).Yes,OOC I knew that were just lies,but IC,I did not have any concrete proof,no (willing)witnessess,and the questioning time was passing 10 minutes,so I released him.If I had any concrete proof,I would have certainly imprisoned him.

Later into the round,the CE made an announcement about basically a conspiracy theory.The XO ordered the arrest of the CE on insubordonation charges.I(rather annoyingly for the him,I assume)asked the XO about the context of the charge(why was he given the charge).He said it was about the announcement and the fact that the he did not give the CE permission to make it. I immediately moved to arrest the CE.I found him,took him to brig,and began questioning him.He claimed that the XO told him to not use the console for announcement AFTER he made the announcement,and that the XO punched him.After questioning the CE,I asked the XO if he told the CE to not use it before or after the annoucement.He seemed distracted(no doubt by the OP),and he gave some curt answers.He(mistakenly,most likely)said that he told the CE after the annoucement,or something similar to "before,after I dont know"(correct me if I am mistaken).The CE's story,while false,was far more credible.I don't doubt that if the XO was paying full attention to the conversation he would have clarified it.However,I do not act on ifs and OOC knowledge.

Windhealer's charges were dropped,and he countered with assault charges on the XO.TL;DR I did some questioning,XO was distracted by the OP(perhaps less than before),Windhealer was convincing IC,and I might have misread(or not) some parts of a sentence from the XO(punch with push,not certain).I moved in with a MP,and CE tagging along,no doubt to see his masterplan accomplished(reminded me of Palpatine's,but I digress),to arrest the XO.CE took over for the rest of the round.

As for the argument that I favor "Windhealer",and went out of my way to not imprison him,is false.As exemplified above,the only reason the CE was not imprisoned was because his arguments were convincing IC,and the CMP(I)did not have any witnessess and/or proof to prove contrary.To further prove my lack of favoritism towards any particular individual,I was aware that the XO was a moderator,and that ruining his fun would earn me some ill feelings from him(which I dislike being a subject of).Popularity of individuals does not concern me when it comes to my role as MP/CMP(and in general).To hammer the point even more,I,as stated by Rals/Brett McMatherson,am lenient towards ALL players when it comes to my role as MP/CMP,often going to great(within Marine Law) lenghts to make sure I give the least amount of brig time,or just NJPs.I don't want my enjoyment to take priority over other people's fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to comment this time as a character witness of Lucas Arckley. Being the player of (Very often CMP) Godfrey "Mortar" Muller (No relation to the other Muller person in the MP report next to this.

But I generally don't have any issues with Lucas as a MP. If someone breaks a law, they try to get them arrested within reason. Not trying to fabricate or dangle threads to get the person arrested. But the big problem with being a MP is that besides broken glass and hacking, we really don't have much evidence to work with besides hearsay. So judgement calls have to be made very often based off of very little. Though I do question why a 'shove' warranted an arrest when 'insubordination' didn't.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be depositing logs within the next 24 hours.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll withdraw this report.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Report Withdrawn