User Tag List

Thread: Almayer Ghost Stories

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almayer Ghost Stories

Three maintenance tech's sat huddled in the empty space between all the generators in lower engineering, covered in darkness. Something unknown had snuck into the room and completely destroyed all the power systems except for the backup generator. The damage wasn't consistent with one of the bugs however, as there were no clawmarks, acid, or unsightly goop to be found.

"Welp boys, we aint gonna be doin' nothin fer a while. I say we tell some good ol' ghost stories round the campfire, and just pretend like we're all back home on Earth." Henry said.

One of the tech's got out a lighter and lit the makeshift campfire consisting of whatever flamable and highly toxic objects they could find. A thick acrid smoke began to rise off the multicolored flame that was now serving as the only light in the room. They all began coughing.

"Fire in lower engineering detected." the robotic voice came from the ships AI.

One of the shorter technicians, Dick, produced a metal rod, speared a marshmellow and began roasting it over the malignant fire.

"You sure that's a good idea Dick?" Henry coughed.

"Eh, whatever Henry, I'll just get a quick once over from the doc, they'll fix it."

Davis and Henry glanced at eachother and shrugged. The logic within Dick's mind being perfectly sound. They began roasting their own marshmellows and the storytelling began.

"Alright, ever hear the one bout' the stealthy rooner on LV-624?" Dick started.

"Ah come on man, no bug stories, ain't anyone got a proper one, like a ghost story or sumthin" Davis asked.

"I got one." Henry said.

A faint chittering could be heard in the background.

"Wut was that?" Dick and Davis said in scared unison.

"Probably just some electrical interference or somethin. Now, let me tell you bout' the lurker in the walls."

They both gasped.

"Y-you mean?"

"Yes, the maintenance ghoul. He had a name... once. Got fired on a count' of bein terminally insane. The day he was s'posed to leave the ship he done gone disappeared. Cep't he really didn't disappear. He's been here the whole time."

Davis could swear he just heard the sound of wet footsteps. He inched closer to the fire for safety and began nervously eating his marshmellow.

"How long ago was it?" Dick asked.

"I reckon, bout' 11 years ago. I started 9 years ago so everything I heard here I thought was a rumor, but then I began to believe."

"W-what d-d-did he do?" Davis shuddered.

"Strange things boy. I hear he subsists entirely off of rat. After livin' within the walls for so long, he's able to see in the dark. He hates the light, always smashin' bulbs this way and that. If he see's you, he'll run atcha nekkid with incredible speed. I was part of the original team, what was to go into them maintenance hallways and install light fixtures but on my next shift they would all be broken. I'd also see the occasional half eaten rat in there."

"Oh God!" the two techs gasped.

"Yep."

Dick began roasting another marshmellow and was startled by what he thought was someone giggling in the darkness.

"Did you guys hear that?" Dick said.

Henry gave out a small chuckle, obviously not hearing the ominous noise that lurked outside their lit perimeter. "You better stay close to the fire boy... or the ghoul's gonna... GETCHA!" he shouted as both of them startled and sat shaking with fear.

"B-but if he's real then o-one of the military police must've found him?" Davis asked.

"Ah true, very true. One of them supposedly did find em' but was trapped and tortured by the bugger. According to the ships logs, the MP went into the maintenance hallways to investigate a strange noise. He was then tackled by a nekkid man and dragged off to the garbage disposal area where he was strapped to a table as the ghoul proceeded to tickle his feet and forcefeed him soy milk."

"Golly!" Dick said.

"Yep. The MP stumbled out of the hallway several days later, barefoot and reekin' of soy. Had to be sent home after that encounter cause' of insanity."

Henry picked the marshmellow off his skewer and ate it in one bite.

"Now, Davis' its yer tur-" Henry stopped as he could distinctly hear the sound of wet footsteps consistent with a person that suffered from a terminal case of wardrobe malfunction.

"Who's there!" Henry got up and stared around the room. Being next to the fire for so long made it hard to make out any shapes in the near darkness. As he continued to survey the room a gallon of soymilk was now hurtling in the air across the room at frightening speeds. It caught Henry right in the head, and he collapsed to the ground.

"Ah Henry!" Dick shouted

Davis sat rocking back and forth next to the fire muttering "Ghoul's not real. Not real." Over and over.

Another gallon of expertly aimed soymilk came crashing into the left temple of Davis, as he too, crumpled to the ground.

Dick switched grips on the metal rod and began holding it like some kind of bat, ready to swing at his opponent. He heard the footsteps again, the aggressor was moving slowly towards him.

"Alright you, whoever you are! This ain't funny! One step closer and I'll-" Dick dropped the metal rod in horror as the body of the ghoul became illuminated by the carcinogenic flames. He stood tall, and as the stories said, completely naked. His name tag was pinned onto his skin, the letters must've faded over time because Dick could only make out the first three. 'G E R'. In one hand he held a jug of soymilk, in another the half eaten corpse of a rat. He took another crunch out of the rat and tossed it and the jug aside as he ripped the shoes off of the only conscious technician, and began dragging him back to his lair.

"NO! NO!! HENRY! DAVIS! HEEEEeeelllp." His voice faded into the background as he was dragged within the lair of the maintenance ghoul.

Dick appeared a few days later in the hallways next to the medbay, where he was promptly assessed and sent to the nearest insane asylum.
    Last edited by HBlokkum; 08-03-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This story only made me miss Gerdy and MT role. 10/10

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gerdy is unbanned. The maintenance ghoul has returned. (I think?)
    Last edited by Fortelian; 08-05-2020 at 02:33 PM.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Creeps around in the background*