0 Thread(s)

SS13user - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    SS13user

Marine Name
    Dover 'Fly' Walker

Other Whitelist Applications
    I didn't do other whitelist applications.

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Alex

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes, I read them before applying.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Field surgeries, field threatment, supplying, building the FOB and planning flanks or new combat plans.

Synthetic Character Story
    Alex is a synthetic built in a Seegson Syntethics robotics laboratory, Alex was sent to U.S.S Almayer as a backup synthetic, one day, one synthetic broke before an operation started and the High Command used Alex to backup the broken synthetic, Alex's reaction was cold when hearing that , his face was normal and he had a little smile, 30 minutes after, the briefing commenced and Alex was assigned with a group of doctors, the group task was doing surgeries on the frontline, Alex nodded after hearing his task, the group walked to the dropship, they entered the dropship and 5 minutes later, the dropship launched with them and a bunch of marines, when landing, everyone ran out, the dropship hatch closed behind Alex and the shoots started to sound, a couple of minutes later 1 marine with a missing leg walked up to Alex and he stuttered: "H-h-hel-p m-e-e", Alex looked at him with a surprising face, grabbed the marine and dropped him to the floor, Alex opened the medical satchel that the doctors gave him to perform the field surgeries then he took a splint and splinted the marine's stump, Alex took out a trauma kit, he opened it and grabbed the sealing patches, Alex placed the patches on the marine's stump, then he took his radio and said "Dropship, how much till you arrive." the pilot answered "2 minutes.", 2 minutes after that conversation the dropship arrived and opened the rear hatch, and a bunch of marines ran out, Alex dragged the marine inside the dropship and buckled him to a seat then Alex waved the marine and left the dropship, after his first time threating a marine, the radio started to scream "CAS INBOUND, DON'T PUSH!", a CAS was sent by a marine! after the CAS explosions lots of shrapnels were sent flying to the FOB, then the High Command ordered pushing, that's when the hard things started to come, a marine was shoot in the chest by accidental friendly fire, the bullet hit the marine's heart, Alex saw the marine falling holding his chest with his hands, Alex ran to him and dragged him to the medical tents of the FOB, Alex lay the marine in the stretcher that was inside of the tent and took a surgical tray, Alex grabbed a scalpel and made a incision on the marine's chest, then Alex took a surgical saw and started opening the marine's ribcage with it to reach his heart, then he grabbed a trauma kit and cleaned and sealed the marine's heart injury, then he closed his ribcage with a retractor and applied bone gel, then he cauterized the incision with the cautery tool, 2 hours after the marines and the Alex's group found their enemy house, the hive, the marines pushed in the hive while Alex's group set up a new small FOB outside the hive, 3 hours after the radios shouted "OOOOORAH, QUEEN DEAD, HIVE DESTROYED", everyone started to cheer and celebrate the victory, after celebrating everyone marched to the dropship and the dropship launched to U.S.S Almayer, at the next day the funeral of the dead marines started and after the funerals the badge awards, Alex was given a medal of valor and aid, after the ceremonies, everyone returned to cryo and Alex to the synthetic dock (END).

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Alex has no quirks and his personality is chill but he's loyal and serious.

Alex will react to an Almayer commanding officer with a salute, a presentation and an smile, in a talk Alex will remain serious and chill.

Alex will do the same with an Executive Officer and a Staff Officer.

Alex will react to a Chief Engineer with a simple salute and a smile and he will remain very serious ina conversation with a Chief Engineer.

Alex will do the same with a requisitions officer, a Chief Medical Officer and a squad leader.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I'm not very muh acquainted with Engineering.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I'm very much acquainted with the Command.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I'm very much acquainted with Medical too.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I'm a bit acquainted with Requestions.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I want to be a synthetic because I love how they work, their attitude and their tasks/missions, I should be whitelisted because I play a lot, I am a decent roleplayer, I read the guidelines and I respect everyone.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    I didn't get banned from CM, but I have an active jobban from Staff Officer and Executive Officer because my wifi died in the middle of a round I was playing as SO and I had no time to go to cryo.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    I'm not banned from the discord server.

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    No.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I vaguely remember seeing you talk in the discord about you wishing to apply for synth but this is too soon. And you are jobbanned from SO which is an instant no. Make sure that jban is lifted then focus on getting known as a VERY good support player. -1

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -1. Read what 50rem said above, and also take a look at other accepted apps
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo, I'll try to break this down and address most of my issues with the app.
    What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Field surgeries, field threatment, supplying, building the FOB and planning flanks or new combat plans.
    While yes, these are things synthetics can do, not everything here is related to combat and it is nowhere near specific enough. Take a look at the programming guidelines, what are combat situations you can and cannot be involved in?

Your story is not quite there either. Stories are needed to demonstrate your synthetic's quirk, usually with dialogue. The story could be longer, and with an installation of grammarly or getting someone to proofread your next draft you will have a better start on your new story.
    The lack of quirk does not help, synthetics don't need a unique quirk but need something so they can be interesting to RP with and not just be a monotone healbot.

While there is some effort in demonstrating your skills through the story, you should elaborate and really detail what you are skilled in for each of the four skill questions, it will help players like myself who haven't seen you play much know that you have a proficiency in the mechanics of CM and can trust you not to make any huge mistakes.

Ultimately this is a -1 from me for the reasons listed above. Remember to use the whitelist help section in the discord, and to read other accepted whitelist applications. Every bit of assistance from this forum and the discord will help your future applications once you can get your SO+XO job ban appealed.
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Story having no paragraphs was hard to follow.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I'm not very muh acquainted with Engineering
    As synthetic, you gotta be familiar with all of the support roles aside from OT and Research really. Please take your time to get more experience and heed the feedback above.

Denied, you can reapply in a month
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.