Byond ID?
    Darksim10

CM Character?
    Ale Sholl

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Canada- East Coast

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20 to 30 hours, maybe? I have school that starts again in one month, so i guess it will change.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Yes, i did, they're numerous and belligerent.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    I never did. Unless i have a split personnality. Am not there. Yet.

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    I believe i've been banned from being a doctor. I can remember the event, i had shot myself because i knew i was a bad doctor additionning that the last round salt... A big mistake was made. I am now banned from those jobs. It has been a very long time ago...at least i think...And i wasn't banned 24 hours, just from the jobs.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes. If need be i have my cell to contact me. Tough it isn't the question...

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    First, i believe staff have files on people that do such offenses, i would probably ping him to know why he opened fire randomely. Then following his answer i would advise him, if it's his first, not to repeat it as it's his first strike. I believe that is how mods do it I believe. In case of repeated offence, since i am a junior for now i guess i would check the procedures that are to be applied in case of an individual that as done it before or in the event i do not know how to act, i would refer to my superior.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    He should be punished according the protocoles. I believe the protocol for such an offence is extremely grave and can lead to his removal from the whitelist. Homever, investigation as to know if it's true that he has broken the code of honour is required. I would collect both side of the stories then make a judgement. It's likely that report is to be made.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    There's two ways i would approach this.

First way would be to guide him trough the basics (req-clothing-food-briefing) while referring him to the wiki and forum

Second way would be to refer him to the CM-guides on the forum to assist him. If he has more questions for things he does not understand, he may asks them. I am there for him.

I personnaly would take the first option. It's more humane and guarantees that he knows the basics tough it might end up being draining...

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Professionnalism is essential, getting mad at him wont help me or him. I would advise him that missing respect to any staff members regardless of their rank is wrong and wont get him anywhere. I am here to assist him, as mad as he can be, if my attempts to calm him fail, i am unaware as to how to approach this. i would advise him to file a complaint on the forum if he is dissatisfied with the assistance that i am providing.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I understand that John Doe is a term that refers to unknown individuals, homever, is that truly an issue? I do not see the problem, it may be because i am canadian and my first language is french...but i am genuily confused.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would ping to ask as to why he's doing that. He may be dispatched to the ground, homever i believe this is no longer something that is allowed, thus i would recommend him to disarm himself, as there can be no roleplay justification to why he's strapped.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I would collect the story of the marine, if i acquire the name of the survivor, I would request his side of the story. I believe it's possible to see logs, right? Maybe checking them could help. Homever, i could also investigate each and every survivor in the case that the identity is unknown. Tough i believe that being an hostile survivor is no longer allowed thus could lead a job-ban in case of repeated offence, i think. Then file a report of the incident.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    According to marine law, you cannot permanently imprison a player for stealing an attachment. I would request the name of the officer that gave him such sentence then ping him, then requests that he goes to read the marine law, then looks at the punishements. Then i would request of him if he understands the situation. If he pretends he do not, i would advise him that the marine he detained in permanent cannot be sentenced like this. Abusing of the power of the role he's given can be subject to job ban i believe. I would ensure that he applies the correct procedures and file a report.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would send a subtle message to the queen advising to attack by crashing the dropship as it would be a minor victory but a victory none the less.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would ping him, requesting as to why he keeps overdosing marines and preventing their revive. In case of inexperienced medic, i would advise to read the wiki and use the health scanner as it says what you must use to heal a marine. In case of deliberate, i would either file a report and job-ban, subtle message the lieutenant in charge of the squad so he may dispatch the military police after his verification (rp) or just tell him to stop or he'll be job banned and file a report.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Not answering may be the way to go. But i believe am wrong so i will put forward that he should've killed the marine first as he's hostile to them unless there's been an cease-fire.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would advise him to utilize the military police by requesting their aid. Their job is to keep marines in line.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Rdm can lead to a job ban or a simple ban for a duration of time i believe...Thus, in case of first offence i would advise not to repeat such overkill reaction or there will be disciplinary measure to be taken. Next i would maybe revive the poor lad that got killed for a punch...(is that allowed?) Then file a report.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Either I would advise the improper mutineer to cease and desist and do it properly.
    Or
    Advise the military police or the highest ranked officer of the improper mutineers to arrest them.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I wouldn't answer. Such a minor issue shouldn't require a moderator to act...At least i think...

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban Byond key. Then maybe revive them or make it so they can be revived.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    This is a meme isn't it. The Combat larva. It's wrong, i would ping the player to say that larvas aren't made for combat and advise not to repeat such an idiocy (tough it's funny, but thats unprofessionnal to say) or he could get banned from the role in case of repeated memeing, i think.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    Ping. Please cease and desist from spamming and being toxic or we will have to proceed to Time-ban procedures.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I would advise this xeno player to utilize his superior roleplay skills to question the existence of a "dropship" to the low roleplay.
    Or
    I would ignore his plea.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Ignore
    Or
    Advise that command can know about it.
    That would be the bests courses of action i believe.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Rdm is a bannable offence isn't it? Well, i would say that his rp is good, but it's wrong and rdm is not tolerated thus, repeating the offence will be subject to timed ban.
    File a report of the incident.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would advise to file a complaint on the forum if he's so displeased about me. Then request that he stops his ranting or i may be force to exact judgement.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I would recommend he goes to medbay and that it's not something am allowed to do as i have no control as to how or why he became ssd or ignore the plea.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    File a report of the incident. I do not believe that it is my duty to correct a fellow staff member, as i am but a moderator.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    As far as I am aware, we're all adults thus able to make proper mature decisions, in case of conflict between staff members i would recommend for a compromise then if they believe the other is so wrong in his judgement, he may file a report of the incident.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I would like to learn what it is to be a moderator and I am genuily thrilled to see what kind of non-sense or salt the players may throw at me. I guess it would be an adventure in itself, a new experience and i enjoy helping others. I guess am just that much of a nice guy...

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    I would say you need to keep your head cool, be professionnal, as there will be situations where you might get triggered or that the rage of a player unleashes upon you even tough you're trying to help them. The next important thing is that a moderator represents more then admins, they represent the face of the staff, the people behind the machine in a way, being moderator is a responsability, it has it's weight and you must carry with the required deligence and discipline.

Anything else you
    I think i've been wrong on numerous of my judgment, but i am here to learn and improve on my mistakes. Feel free to correct me and tell me the right way to do it, also...is there an equivalent of the marine law but admin-version? If so, i feel like i should've read it. Am going in blind folks, you may judge as you please, am ready.
    Last edited by Blight; 08-04-2020 at 02:56 AM. Reason: i may have overestimated the time i can spend. I am genuily bad at maths and i just made calculations...it's unreasonable.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so thank you for the application and I will type up a bigger response about your answers tomorrow. You also say you are job banned, is the ban still there or was it appealed?

Do you have a discord?

What times do you usually play?

You talk about being able to handle the hear of the players, how will you do this?

We do not expect you to know anything but the rules. Do not worry about criticism.

Questions you have about the team can be ask through discord. My tag is on my signature!

Thank you

- Moderator Trainer, Doctor Compy
    Last edited by Doctor Compy; 08-04-2020 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Fuck this phone...seriously

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appear to need to get rid of that job ban. So for the time i will be withdrawing to appeal that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Application withdrawn.

You may reapply in 30days after you have had your job ban lifted.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer