Byond ID?
    Urytion

CM Character?
    Tracee Parker

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    Australian Central (+9:30/10:30)

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    10~

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes. Currently admin on AUStation, formerly admin on TGMarines, and Drymouth Gulch. Formerly mentor here when that was a staff position. Moderated WoW private servers.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Yes. AUStation, TGStation, formerly Bay.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Yes. AUStation. I'll be giving that up if approved.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Yes. A misinterpreted ERP permaban. Did a copypasta during a no rules round which Apop decided was too raunchy. Banned without contact while I was off the server. Overturned quickly. It's all in my notes. Otherwise I don't think so.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Yes. Besides the above, I'm currently permanently banned from Paradise. I told a player that Vulps were the same as Tajs mechanically. The only difference is that one was made my a fox fetishist who wanted to play his OC.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Assuming it's random and all context is given in the question...

Player panel, time check, note check. They might be new. Ping them, explain why it's wrong, ask if they need a mentor, give them a quick rundown on the rules in regards to hostility. If they're understanding and apologetic, Subtle Message the CMP or arresting officer that the player is new and kindly don't perma/execute them. Leave it to be handled in character.

If they have a note history, or are hostile in ahelps, apply a ban. I think a day ban would be reasonable but I'm sure there are moderation guidelines to follow.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    As far as I'm aware that is not the place for moderators to interfere. I suggest they make a player report for the pred council and see if I can provide them with relevant logs, Ckey, character name, etc. So their report can be submitted properly.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Mentor issue. If one's online, notify them so they can teach. If not, I can run them through the basic gearing myself.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I have thick skin, so I'm generally not bothered by the name calling. But if it's getting particularly vile, a note and possibly a short (3hr) ban to cool off. I'm under no requirement to forward this issue to another member of staff. If they have a grievance with how I've handled the issue, they can make a staff report and it can be handled by managers.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Check notes for previous instances of the player being warned for name issues.

Ping them, remind them of the naming rule. Just because it's gone by until now doesn't mean it's allowed, etc. Because it isn't particularly egregious, I'd let them play out the round, with a polite warning that next round they need to have a new original character name. I am aware you can force a name change through the player panel, but I would only reserve that for offensive names.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    IC issue. Observe to make sure they don't deploy. If I'm bored and not busy maybe check their say logs to see if they've asked permission.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    As of time of writing hostile survivors are against the rules. Note them, tell them the ruling, and strongly suggest they surrender themselves to the Marines before they are declared enemies. If they have a note history, survivor job ban.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    There is not much context in the question. I'm assuming there's no more than what's said, so all I can really say is how I would investigate.

At best that's trespassing and theft, 20 minutes. Ping the MP and ask why. It is very possible I don't have the whole story. While talking to the MP, pull up combat and say logs on the arrested marine. Check notes and say logs on the MP. Follow up with any orders the MP was given by CMP, or CO. Ping the RO to hear whether they ordered an arrest, and if so, did they throw around perma threats.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    Can I force an ERT? If I can, I would pick a side and subtle message their leader that if they engage, you're sure they'd get reinforced. If the marines then redeploy, force a PMC ERT. If the aliens call the ship, force an XRT.

I could send a fax to the ship demanding to know what's taking to long, signed by a very irate admiral threatening latrine duty to the CO.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'm playing. I'm involved. I ahelp and have another member of staff handle it because I am seemingly biased.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Non issue. Hostile combat is allowed to continue after round end.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    This is probably an IC issue. Still, I would investigate. If they're stealing restricted equipment, (spec weapons, smartguns, IDs, etc.) definitely ping them and order it returned, explain how this is griefing, issue a note for first time or ban for repeat as appropriate.

If it's just the usual nonsense (basic weapons and boots), ask an admin for an ARES announcement or subtle message an MP to speed up their arrest. If no MPs are in game, I would do as I said above, but would almost definitely not ban.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Check both sides of the story, check combat and health logs from both. Context matters. Assuming it's as described in the question:

Aheal the dead marine. Explain proper escalation to the killer, apply a note and a ban if necessary, or if it's a repeated offence.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Aghost to the location and LOOC to remind them that no mutiny has been approved and they need to ahelp it in accordance with the rules. If that doesn't work, MOOC a final warning. If they persist mass sleep them (if I can), apply notes, bans for repeat offenders.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    The announcement was today, so I'm not really sure anymore where we sit on that as of time of writing. My reading of the rule suggests a zero tolerance policy, so warning, note, escalating bans.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Ban. Apply for permanent ban (is that still a thing or can I just apply perma?)

There is very little that can be except grief.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Context. Distance from their burst to the frontline, whether they were ambushed en route, what they have to say in ahelps, how long they've been playing, all play a factor in the decision.

If the larva runs straight into marines it's quite clear that they're suicidal and that's a big no no. Check for history, apply xeno ban if necessary. Definitely note. Otherwise, could be a new player or someone who misjudged how far away the marines were.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    XOOC to knock it off as a warning. After that, start applying notes and bans for LRP.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    No it isn't. Xeno can use whatever word they want because the xeno hivemind translates thoughts, or something. It's a non issue.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    There are probably farwa, so yeah. Aliens.

Really though, check notes for history. Subtle message that they don't know that and should probably add a "maybe" addendum to their aliens statement. If it's a long term issue, ping them and get an explanation. The rules are very clear that the marines know what xenos are but not that they are present on site. If they keep it up, it could lead to a command ban.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This is very context dependent. If it's the last pod on the floor in the middle of an unwinnable boarding, then it might have merit. Check for other nearby pods, check all players involved say logs, see if the xenos are nearby and numerous, all that.

In a lot of situations, this would likely be an IC issue.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I don't like to handle issues when I'm directly involved, but if this is a direct continuation of a ticket I handled, I would see it as my responsibility. Tell the player that the issue has been handled without punishment, and if they think there's an issue, they can file a staff report. Otherwise, they should stop abusing staff members before their warning gets upped to a ban.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I don't. Don't go AFK where the xenos can get you. I apologise, but this is an IC issue.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I provide the rule reference (or whatever information it is) in msay (or equivalent). It is not my place to directly interfere with the ahelp, but if they don't change their answer I can notify a manager, or file a staff report.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Not my problem. Record, send to a manager of necessary. The staff who administered the ban is in their right to do so as the person who handled the ahelp. Anything after that is the place for ban appeals and staff reports.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Abuse, mostly.

But also because in my time zone we very rarely get events and responses to faxes. Whether this is lack of staff or lack of motivation I can't say. But I went to help improve it.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Coolheadedness. Don't lose your cool for getting screamed at, just investigate, and apply the correct outcome. Don't get swayed, just do what the rules say.

Anything else you
    I once got nuggeted by an admin for dabbing. It was great. *dabs*
    Last edited by Urytion; 08-04-2020 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Correcting my tablets autocorrect

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for applying Urytion ya answers are decentish ya playtime could be better but it's passable ya note history is eh but ya have been note free for nearing 2 months now and lastly ya character/attitude now I have heard some things about ya being a little toxic but nothing too terrible and I haven't seen ya around much but when I have ya alrightish so I don't mind giving a +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheeks View Post
    Thanks for applying Urytion ya answers are decentish ya playtime could be better but it's passable ya note history is eh but ya have been note free for nearing 2 months now and lastly ya character/attitude now I have heard some things about ya being a little toxic but nothing too terrible and I haven't seen ya around much but when I have ya alrightish so I don't mind giving a +1
    Thanks for the +1.

I just want to say, in regards to playtime, do you mean time actually spent on the server? Because I've been playing this for like... 4-6 years now. Hard to remember, I know I started during university. I've been playing it for a while and have probably racked up a lot of hours.

As for my time I quoted on moderation, that's the lowest estimate I could give. I'm a government school teacher, so I kinda jump from contract to contract. Sometimes I teach one subject and I have a shitload of free time, once they made me coordinate an entire department and I had no free time. Right now, on my current contract, I could probably do closer to 25.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urytion View Post
    Thanks for the +1.

I just want to say, in regards to playtime, do you mean time actually spent on the server? Because I've been playing this for like... 4-6 years now. Hard to remember, I know I started during university. I've been playing it for a while and have probably racked up a lot of hours.

As for my time I quoted on moderation, that's the lowest estimate I could give. I'm a government school teacher, so I kinda jump from contract to contract. Sometimes I teach one subject and I have a shitload of free time, once they made me coordinate an entire department and I had no free time. Right now, on my current contract, I could probably do closer to 25.
    With mod apps we do take in to account how long ya have played for on the server as whole but for but mostly we're looking at recent playtime for example I looked at last month and this month I know ya have played for quite a while on server but when we look at time it's more in the recent department on terms of ya IRL stuff we have people that are pretty much in the same boat as ya that one moment they have all the time in the world and the next they're swamped.
    Last edited by Big Cheeks; 08-13-2020 at 03:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, thanks for applying! I believe cheek said it all already. I'm worried about your ingame behavior, yet you have been note free for a while now.
    Either way, would you consider improving your behavior and act responsibly/professional as staff?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgtmike View Post
    Hey, thanks for applying! I believe cheek said it all already. I'm worried about your ingame behavior, yet you have been note free for a while now.
    Either way, would you consider improving your behavior and act responsibly/professional as staff?
    My OOC behaviour hasn't been called into question for ages. If it is an issue, nobody has told me what needs to change. I don't believe my IC behaviour, which as you mention is recently note free, should impact moderation.

So, yes, I'm happy to "improve my behaviour", but so far as I'm aware, there isn't much of my behaviour to improve. As for professionalism, yeah. I'd be staff, I need to present a clear respectable front to the playerbase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Urytion, I've known you for a long ass time. In fact I recall your name from when I first started playing CM, as you've been around longer than me I believe. I think you might've been one of the players that taught me medic in fact, cause I definitely remember a Tracee helping me figuring out what chem did what and helping me set up a triage center in Nexus.

THAT SAID, I've also known you to have a bit of attitude. It's not neccesarily from talking back to staff, just sometimes being snippy with other players. I wouldn't call it a serious issue, because you've never been noted for it, but it's enough that it sticks in my memory when I remember you. Lately we've had something of an issue with mods being snippy with each other and those that oversee them, so understand that it's just sitting fresh in our minds, even if previously we would have excused it no problem.

I won't say your answers are especially stellar or anything, you've got a few mistakes in investigation or misapplication of punishment, but nothing grossly wrong indicating a serious issue with you either.In other words, nothing a trial couldn't bang out easily. It's a typical understanding of the rules and procedures I'd expect from a normal player.

When we say we want your behavior and attitude to stay clean, it just means please don't be a dbag to each other. It's volunteer work and it's stressful enough getting called names by the playerbase without stabbing each other in the back.

I'll give you a +1 however, because we have too many zoomers on this mod team now and we need more boomers like me now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post

When we say we want your behavior and attitude to stay clean, it just means please don't be a dbag to each other. It's volunteer work and it's stressful enough getting called names by the playerbase without stabbing each other in the back.
    Ah, okay, I get you. Yeah, I can get a bit snarky with other people, I have a dry sense of humour, and sometimes that does cross the line into being a bit of a dick. This is true in real life as well. But y'all haven't seen me as server staff before. I can rein it in when I'm on the clock. I'm a history teacher, so I'm used to handling disrespectful little shits difficult people in my day job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you deserve a shot +1
    Whitelist Speedrunner

CO-05/26/20 Synth-06/17/20 Predator-07/10/20

First Report (Denied)-08/06/20

Trial Moderator 07/14/20-07/28/20 Moderator 07/28/20-Present Discord Moderator 08/18/20-Present
    Moved on to greener pastures 08/27/20

Hazel Ray-Smartgunner/Medic/Very Sad

Tori-Synthetic/Rock Fanatic/Your Best Friend

Thuah-Uahtok Bo'ytill-Predator/Snarky/Unrobust

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're still too toxic and mean to players to make good moderator material. -1
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!