User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sniper strain for sentinal

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Benos can be plinked for small pure damage, because they have infinite, fast and perfect healing. There is also thing called "darkness" which means you can't shoot at shit you can't see and benos have ways to eliminate any flare and light bulb. No L42 marine has night vision and scope means they can't get rail flashlight, so they can't even see their entire screen without flares. Flares are also finite, especially on the frontlines, single marine really doesn't have space to take more than two packs (one in pouch and one in satchel).

Benos aren't slowed down by the damage, they are as fast at 1% HP as they are at 100%. Benos are also less numerous, which means its harder to hit anything, by just spamming. "Sniper" sentinel/sniper can just spam. While with sentinel its fairly meaningless, with actual damage, its not really nice. HvH during the night with scopes and suppresors is cancer.
    This all happens if we go exactly as you say, because your suggestion is a straight upgrade to both benos, not a strain. Nobody cares about the armor if you can shoot offscreen from the darkness and unchanged onscreen spit just adds to being straight upgrade.

This could work however, all you need is to make Sentinel/Spitter "Sniper" glow like boiler, have need to "ground" itself to actually zoom out and then shoot (but still require actual fireline, not just sight). Then also somehow nerf onscreen shoots and in that case you have actuall strain that could be called "mini-boiler", or something like that. In theory it would be a nice way for baldos to learn boiler, while not taking boiler slot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you cabal for the constructive comment. i know its an idea that would need some work and tweaking before even being thought of being implemented in even an prototype form. but having just the boiler, which has always been known as an artillary piece and not a sniper, be our only long rage attacker seems slightly crippling. would just like a way to deal with off screen marines outside of boiler to help out in general or when no one goes boiler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    Off-screen damage is not fun, it's as simple as that.
    Get rid of ob, cas and mortars.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone404 View Post
    They are not meant to do damage (especially OB). They are meant to push the benos out of certain position to help marines advance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyhippo View Post
    hunk1 do you mean l42 and sniper sniper ammo from the SPC or just anyone using any type of sniper rifle from the l42 to the SPC sniper? boilers are artillary and not snipers. what about a vision increase ability similar to the smart scope zoom or the runner zoom? i just dont see why xenos have to be limited to just the boiler for long range. to be honest more strains in general need to be worked on for benos, and I hope the devs are working diligently on it. also you say IF the xeno players are well coordinated. you have been playing longer than I have and you know way better than i that that is a big big IF.
    Big nope. Boilers already are a hassle to deal with and considering the current state of acid, marines don't need a another long range harasser. You speak of L42 battle rifle, but L42 dosen't do anything to boilers nor it has a IFF to reliably attack boilers on a long range without causing Massive friendly fire. Snipers are currently the only way to deal with boilers and a well coordenated xeno team won't allow their boiler to get harmed.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone404 View Post
    if you don't move with the massive warnings of OB, or Loud noise of CAS or the mortar shell incoming, you deserve to die.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunk isn't wrong. OB CAS and mortar only kill ya if you have lag, a super robust spotter, or are in crit.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there are probably like... 5 total people on the server that can actually call in OBs, CAS, and mortar fire well enough to consistently get kills, and I know I am the best one at it. It's not actually easy to use at all.

However, Hunk is wrong in that the L42 does actually do some nasty damage to boilers due to boilers having no armor and a regular L42 bullet doing like 55+ damage, I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just put back pre-moba spitter and call it sniper strain.

i miss alternating neuro and acid spit with macro so i could stun and melt talls from distance.. it was fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    um hunk1 what are you talking about with this "You speak of L42 battle rifle"? the only thing I mentioned about l42 was for you to clarfiy what YOU ment about sniper ammo. are you on drugs? cause its ok hunk if you are. i literally have not said anything in detail about the l42 other than asking you to clarify.
    Last edited by tinyhippo; 08-06-2020 at 11:13 PM.