1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh ya shown enough for me to give ya a +1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This man is an absolutely out standing SEA and Military policemen. and can be entrusted in keeping the server safe here is your +1
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a couple questions:

1) You receive an ahelp from xenos complaining that the Queen is giving them suicidal orders. They've tried to talk her out of it but she insists that they make a move that will almost certainly get everyone involved killed. Who's in the wrong here?

2) You receive complaints from marines that they're being OD'd by a squad medic. Aforementioned medic is running around slapping injectors into injured marines and feeding them pills, even with another medic already tending to them. It's resulted in several fatalities. It's not obvious grief like someone triple injecting quickclot into someone for no reason. How do you handle the situation?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post
    Just a couple questions:

1) You receive an ahelp from xenos complaining that the Queen is giving them suicidal orders. They've tried to talk her out of it but she insists that they make a move that will almost certainly get everyone involved killed. Who's in the wrong here?

2) You receive complaints from marines that they're being OD'd by a squad medic. Aforementioned medic is running around slapping injectors into injured marines and feeding them pills, even with another medic already tending to them. It's resulted in several fatalities. It's not obvious grief like someone triple injecting quickclot into someone for no reason. How do you handle the situation?
    1) Whilst the xenos should certainly follow the queen. If the queen is giving such "certain suicide" (I'd presume something along the lines of ordering a walk into an OB) then this roleplay expectation of the xenos is preceded by the general rule for all xenos (including queen) to expand. And the queen can't expand if her daughters are dead! Just as a xenos deciding to have a Christmas truce or something (without the force of an admin event.) Wouldn't be allowed, just ordering definitely suicidal orders wouldn't be allowed. Also, this goes against the griefing rule. As per it causing massive annoyance to the xenos players:

in summary, the queen has broken Rule 4. & Rule 2. And is therefore, in the wrong.

2) This is awfully similar to previous questions from your colleagues. I think it might be a good idea to give them the benefit of the doubt. A squad medic could just be a new player trying to learn the role (and not knowing at all of OD.) I would probably dm him and ask him what he is doing. If he acts confused about me talking about an OD, he is either a very good griefer or a genuinely confused newbie (with a generic griefer probably denying it or something, and acting very pompous whilst doing it.) And I would probably rope a mentor in, to run him out and over about the position. But, I would probably put a very severe note/warning (depending on variables) on him. Warning that if he does it again there is something screwy going on. I would also demand he take a break to talk to the mentor and get him through anything, as currently he is ruining marine's lives. The OD'd marines probably wouldn't get ahealed. To keep the flow of the game (and considering the medics probably already revived them, and it'd be a fucky situation if they suddenly find some of their marines just up and walking.)
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfan1815 View Post
    Snip
    Right so with regard to the first question, you might be surprised to learn the xenos are in fact in the wrong here. Except in the most extreme scenarios of obvious grief as Queen, we typically ordain that xenos are to obey the will of the Queen. Her will is ABSOLUTE, even if it has significant risk of death. In fact, the Queen is within her rights to order one of her minions to go die. We might tell her not to do that too often or to be able to explain why she ordered them to, but the aforementioned xeno is required to do so.

As far as #2, it's like other questions asked because you run into these situations a lot, with new players not knowing all the mechanics and accidentally causing a mess. It's good that your first assumption is a new player, because life is a lot easier if you abide by Hanlon's razor. You'll typically be able to identify however using moderator tools or a bit of observation if they're actually new or just trying to be a shitbag. Regardless of the end result, you'll typically put a note as well in case this is a trend of behavior with them griefing so future staff can identify if they try to claim ignorance again. As far as healing, if you've attributed it to a new marine, typically you'll leave the OD'd as is but grief is almost always healed, because it sucks to be removed from the round since some shitbag decided to be a jerk.

While I do recognize you, and I see others giving their support, I can't say any of your answers are particularly stellar and I haven't particularly interacted with you much myself. I'll give you a tentative +1, because trials are meant to bang out issues we've already identified.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post
    Right so with regard to the first question, you might be surprised to learn the xenos are in fact in the wrong here. Except in the most extreme scenarios of obvious grief as Queen, we typically ordain that xenos are to obey the will of the Queen. Her will is ABSOLUTE, even if it has significant risk of death. In fact, the Queen is within her rights to order one of her minions to go die. We might tell her not to do that too often or to be able to explain why she ordered them to, but the aforementioned xeno is required to do so.

As far as #2, it's like other questions asked because you run into these situations a lot, with new players not knowing all the mechanics and accidentally causing a mess. It's good that your first assumption is a new player, because life is a lot easier if you abide by Hanlon's razor. You'll typically be able to identify however using moderator tools or a bit of observation if they're actually new or just trying to be a shitbag. Regardless of the end result, you'll typically put a note as well in case this is a trend of behavior with them griefing so future staff can identify if they try to claim ignorance again. As far as healing, if you've attributed it to a new marine, typically you'll leave the OD'd as is but grief is almost always healed, because it sucks to be removed from the round since some shitbag decided to be a jerk.

While I do recognize you, and I see others giving their support, I can't say any of your answers are particularly stellar and I haven't particularly interacted with you much myself. I'll give you a tentative +1, because trials are meant to bang out issues we've already identified.
    Thanks for that. Obviously if someone griefs, aheal the victim. Common practice. Also, for question 1. You did say 'they make a move that'll get everyone in involved killed' I took 'they' to mean the entire hive, not just the ahelping xenos. And if it'd certainly get the entire hive killed. It might be for the benefit of the server that she is noted for such behaviour. Just as intentionally OB'ing the marine force as CO might rise some eyebrows. But I don't know, maybe that's just me.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, apologies for the delay.

This application is denied as of current time, reasoning is this here from your discord notes.

ID: 5f1cbf7da8e013e90b97554d |
    IC in OOC. Talked about current round in Vc/Text - Jul 25 2020
    ID: 5f1cc559a8e013e90b9755f2 |
    Continued Rule lawyering and passive agressive remarks to staff. 1 Day ban will be applied. - Jul 25 2020

I don't believe you've changed or seen the mistake you did here yet in such a short time. Give it 30days from now, reapply, and give some comments on this as to why this has changed for you if you decide to make another application.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer