Date of Incident
    August 6, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Kryth Kross

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Dusanking123

Accused Character Name
    Connor Anderson

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    1:15 - 1:55 am in Central US time

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 3 and Rule 15

Description of the incident:
    I was an SO this round and while doing overwatch for both Charlie and Delta, the CMP had ordered me to clean up the pile of cigarettes I had on my desk as SO(just some minor roleplay stuff).

This, in my view is a unlawful order, according to the ML page

"Orders meant as punishment that would cause a Marine to have to Neglect their Duties (such as “go stand here for ten minutes” or “run three laps around the hangar”) are also unlawful unless applied as NJPs."

In this case, I, as an SO, was doing my job and was being ordered to take my precious time in neglecting my duty.

After this, at around 12:39, a MP was sent by the CMP to arrest me for not cleaning the mess I had made, to me in my eyes, is a unlawful arrest made by the CMP as I did not warrant a NJP and I was being ordered to neglect my duty.

I'd like to add as well that the CO had told the CMP to stop bothering me. Even when the CO stated this, the CMP still continued to pester me by ordering an arrest

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    How you would punish the accused:
    A note, ban, whatever punishment that staff deems appropriate.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told the MP to do it at 1240 if you don't listen, I left when the CO said to stop touching you. I gave you 10 minutes and cleaned up 70% of it. You changed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so the MP actually arrived at 12:39, not 12:40, but that doesn't really matter.

You did leave, but proceeded to come back later and bother my by ordering some stupid order that couldve easily been ignored, something the CO told you to ignore.

You gave me 10 minutes, after the CO had told you to back off, which, you should have instead of ordering me around.

I've had similar experiences with you before where you had attempted to order me to do something stupid, which I personally didn't want to do or interested in doing so I ignored it and scoffed it off. This is the first time though that you actually had attempted to arrest me and I'm not having any of that. In my view, this is an attitude of yours that's growing that should be pointed out. If I remember correctly, before you had ordered me something similar as an OT whilst I was making explosives and had mentioned that you would arrest me for not following orders, this is the same but with an actual attempt to stir shit. Sadly, I have no proof of this but all I'll say is all you have is my word.

Now in terms of ruling, you had failed to follow ML, as a CMP, you should always follow ML and considering the fact that this is a repeating behavior I have observed I have decided to bring it up to staff report. If I was noted for stealing a duck as a MP, why should you be any different, especially as a CMP.

Memesky, I have no grudge with you, I hope you don't as well but with your comments on me that I've seen, its disappointing. I'll let the staff handle the rest.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO told me to not touch you not to leave, I left anyways and the last line is a lie

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the Commanding Officer this round. I was alone in the cic together with kryth who was overwatching charlie and delta as ordered.

I had initially assumed that dusan was just to his regular shenanigans of annoying others and being an asshole, so I wished not to divert my limited attention towards wrangling him. And lately I'm just trying to be nicer and more permissive when (role)playing as a CO, but I digress.

When I noticed CMP was going too far with haranguing my SO, I pointed at him and told 'im to stop touching kryth. I do not believe an in-depth explanation is required to showcase that my remark meant "leave him alone". I observed the CMP step away, then leave the CIC, without saying anything (anything that I noticed anyways). Then later, when the round was just about to end, I noticed a random MP barging in to arrest the Kryth, yelling that he is under arrest. I don't recall the exact charge but I believe it was some minor crime, which is why I ordered the MP to stand down and abort the arrest. The round ended shortly after I think.

So yeah, from my pov, mps harangued my only other cic staff member over him littering his station with cigarette butts, even after I kind of directly told the CMP to drop this ridiculous thing and make himself scarce.

This concludes my character witness.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting for Logs, this has not been forgotten.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CMP talks to SO about the mess:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

CMP asks an MP to deal with the SO since he has to cryo:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MP makes his way to CIC to deal with the SO:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

These were all the relevant logs found, if I missed anything let me know.
    Mentor 1st Mar, 2020 - 11th Apr, 2020
    Trial Moderator 11th Apr, 2020 - 23rd Apr, 2020
    Moderator 23rd Apr, 2020 - 31st Aug, 2020
    Senior Moderator 31st Aug, 2020 - 8th Oct, 2020
    Trial Administrator 8th Oct, 2020 - 6th Nov, 2020
    Administrator 6th Nov, 2020 - 21st Feb, 2021
    Moderator Manager 21st Feb, 2021 - 11th Jul, 2021
    Administrator Manager 11th Jul, 2021 - 8th Aug, 2021

Administrator 12th Oct, 2022 - Present

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for the late response.

Dusanking123 will get a warning for giving an illegal order and ordering the arrest of the Lt.

The CMP is over the rank of an Lt. that is correct, but Chain of Command exists for a reason.

While rank is to be respected at all times, during normal operations, command is determined by position. If someone is given conflicting orders, they must give priority to those of their department’s superiors.

The Captain, also here the Commander is the one in charge of the CiC crew.

Secondly, All punishment-related orders to perform tasks outside a marine's (In this case the SO) assigned duties are considered NJPs and require the subject to have committed a named criminal offense to be issued.

Resolved, Dusanking123 will get a warning.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer