User Tag List

Thread: praetor411 and Amon128 - Rule 15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

praetor411 and Amon128 - Rule 15.

Player Report
    Your Byond ID?
    Zab1019

Date of Incident
    August 5, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Eugienica 'Nordica' Northey

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Praetor(some numbers) and unknown

Accused Character Name
    Don't remember, but the only 2 mps during round i think

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    2:20 am roughly CST round end

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 15.

Description of the incident:
    I was CMO and early in the round my researcher got arrested for some reason, I ICly took to the side of my researcher. They were saying that MP(s) broke SOP, as well as possibly CL trespassing. I do not recall. And honestly I didnt investigate it a tonne, as I think they got released early, as they stopped hearing complaining and that was that.

I asked XO to get their MPs in line, and I honestly don't know what happened after that. I was busy dealing with medbay things, as I was the only doctor. Eventually as the round progressed we got a xeno egg in research, the CL, who has been trespassing again and just continuously fucking around with my researchers offered 5k for the egg. And he would put it in the CL office containment, I said no to his offer, and ordered my researchers to keep it in containment in medical. BUT if we got a second egg, the CL would have that one. Didn't agree to a selling of a second egg or anything, just the acceptance they would have a second egg if we got one, somehow.

I went to talk to my researchers in person about the egg, and they had no clue about it's whereabouts. Hinting that CL may have it, but I don't really remember their wording. All that matters is, is that they told me ICly they did not have it, and had no real idea to it's whereabouts. Honestly they might've been lying and have sold it off, which I think makes them rule breakers or something?

I went into CL's office, as the researchers didn't know where the egg was, so I went to ask. He said he didn't have it, and pretended that it was in their bedroom. Now, as of this. Their containment cell shutters were actually closed. So I don't know if it was there. But it wasn't in their bedroom, and anywhere else I could find. I went into the maint east of CL office as an exit, mistakenly locking myself out and running around maint for a bit. As I forgot CMO did not have maint access. They let me in after I bitched on medical comms.

After this I went to fax High Command about possible bribery, as I think the researchers said something about that, as well as theft. And to basically get provost marshalls in to assist in getting the 'corrupt' MPs out, and arrest the CL for theft. Then shortly after that the CO, Albert 'Topper' woke up, and I informed him of what I was to do, they accepted it as genuine. And when I completed the form I gave it to them in CIC, as well as the command tablet, because I was going to give announcements about research pills, and assist CIC, as all the SO's were SSD and I did not reccognise the XO's name. I've had the tablet for most of the round at this point, but I never used it, and I forgot to ask the XO to sign in for me. Honestly now that I think about it I'm not even sure if CMO is allowed to have the tablet.

A bit after the fax and tablet i was in medbay when suddenly I got flashed, got the BANG! in red in text. And I think it was a flashbang? After that i started bitching to the CO, Topper. And a little bit to the MPs. During the entire time they were pretending that a mutiny was going on in lower medbay. When, to my knowledge it was literally only me that was flashed, someone mightve been on the western door next to alamo and coming inside, not sure. They kept on saying that they 'missed' the mutiny happening, and thought there was one going on. But one of them said, when I asked why. "Cuz bored" or something like that. CO came down eventually and gave them a talking too. I remember actually not telling him about them thinking there was a mutiny, I was too caught up in the moment. I do not think anything else happened afterwards. I ahelped it and Simplicities responded with a "yeah, report em"

Yeah, that's it, I think. Sorry for the big wall of text.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    logs. Praetor admitted to being an MP that round in the next round after in OOC. Saying the other MP did in fact take bribes, but them (praetor) did not take bribes.

How you would punish the accused:
    Harsh warnings I guess? Praetor was just bored and trying to RP, but flashes aren't cool. And the other one taking bribes from CL deserves something bad, allegedly anyway.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be pulling logs within the next 24 hours
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some IRL issues have come up. Logs will be delayed for another 24 hours.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs are as follows:

Relevant MP's: Caitlin Simmons, Jace Wilson.
    The CL: Timitiv Pentitiv
    Researcher: Vera 'Chow-Mein' Dixon

Researcher Dixon's interaction with the CL "Timitiv Pentitiv", the researcher in question was requesting a research grant:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The CL talking to the MPs:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Both MP's heading to arrest Researcher Vera Dixon:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Dixon in processing:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

MP Wilson asking for someone to come down for an appeal:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

The appeal:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Jace flashbanging Medical:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the CL's statement. The reason why I am posting this for them is they do not seem to have posting permissions on forums.

"i was the CL during that round let me clarify on my side of what happened. Roundstart and a researcher runs into my office and starts asking for a grant and i decline every time even though she asks again after me declining. Eventually she follows me into my quarters and asks one last time which i decline and tell her to get out or ill call the MPs and while shes leaving she punches me and runs out. So i call the mps and they come and question us. Neither side has evidence so i take them into my quarters to see if there were any prints. While in my quarters a MP asks me for a bribe and i say yes not realizing rule 15 and i give them a thousand dollars while nearby the other MP stands and says he doesnt want a bribe but doesnt do anything about the other MP asking me for a bribe and so they go off and arrest the researcher for assault and maybe tresspassing. Later i steal the egg (for the company) and put it in my containment with a monkey. after this and the monkey was infected i show it to the MP which they say "Cool" and we start talking about something i cant remember and the MP says "we should take out that problem researcher" me being shocked at this and thinking its a terrible idea says ill fax weston about it but i think its a bad idea or something along those lines and i say that its a terrible idea in the company fax. I dont get a response and i just tell them not to. shortly after this round ends and thats that. i can 100% say that praetor didnt take a bribe but he did let me give money to the other MP and stood by while they arrested the researcher. I never ordered the MPs to do anything that i remember and had nothing to do with them appearently missing a munity"

Last edited by Novacti; 08-12-2020 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Added evidence of conversation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was pretty much just bored and trying to go along with whatever while being in character.
    I don't have any real excuse for breaking rule 15 though. I think I was rationalizing it at the time with, "well I'm not DIRECTLY doing anything(hence 'I didn't take any bribe.' and not involving myself in the interrogation)" without remembering the "Military Police CAN NOT IGNORE MAJOR OR CAPITAL CRIMES" part of the rule. Flashbanging medical was just mindless dickery near the end of the round without any real excuse either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and since I didn't explicitly say it in the previous post - I do apologize for playing a part in fucking up that round for you.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for this being delayed for so long.

Amon128 aka Caitlin Simmons will get a Heavy warning for violating Marine Law. Any future MP related rulebreaks will be turned into a Job ban.
    Praetor411 aka Jace Wilson will also get a Heavy Warning for Violating Marine Law. Any future MP related rulebreaks will be turned into a Job ban.

Resolved.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer