Date of Incident
    August 5, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Jameson 'Drugman' Hawkins

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Unknown

Accused Character Name
    Jacklyn "Bad Frag" Sahara

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    9 CST or so

What rule(s) were broken:
    4, 15

Description of the incident:
    I was playing CMP during the round, and had earlier gotten the Captain to modify SOP so that MPs could carry shotguns loaded with beanbags that had to be clearly labeled "BEANBAG". This was announced a few times, and I informed all the MPs of it. This will be important later. The round was fairly normal, until we were informed we were being boarded by PMCs. I ordered all PMCs to research and to not let the PMCs steal anything. We had been talking, and then Sahara decided to take their taser and tase another MP to the ground who was in the PMC's way. Sahara was then beanbagged, a PMC helped her by batoning me, and this ended in the PMCs killing an MP. Sahara then helped the PMCs by cuffing me and letting them kidnap me. Now, during all of this it should be noted that the Captain had already given the order for all PMCs to be detained before they had killed the first MP. Sahara ignored that order, and actively helped the PMCs kidnap the CMP. Now after this, I eventually got out, the captain ordered all PMCs arrested since they shot a man, and a PMC PB'd the captain to death. Somewhere around this time Sahara apparently approached the Corporate Liason and put down here weapon saying she was "done" and offering to help. I'm not 100% sure on that, but bare minimum they approached the CL, deserted, and then later helped the PMCs defend during the raid. At the end of the round, we raided the CL's office during which Sahara took a gun and shot a marine into crit who was helping with the raid. Their justification for all of this was that their "backstory" was them being raised by PMCs. I do not think this justifies ignoring the captain's order to arrest them, helping them kidnap the CMP, and then deserting. MPs are bound OOCly to the captain's orders and marine law. You don't get to self-antag and betray the Captain/MPs because "backstory".

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    I don't have logs, someone will have to pull them.

How you would punish the accused:
    Job ban from MP.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I observed this round after dying as a xeno, I jumped to the MPs at the moment the CMP beanbagged a PMC, he was beanbagged by Jacklyn and cuffed by her there, she let the PMCs take him and steal his headset. Also I am pretty sure she stunbatoned the CMP while the PMC was dragging him to their shuttle but she claims the PMC did the batoning, so don't quote me on that, but stunbatons don't save logs anyways. She seemed to convince the CO that the CMP was the bad guy and a ceasefire happened. Later the PMC brought the CMP back from the ERT station and they released him in CLs office. He went to the brig and they were talking about charges there, Jacklyn was pushing for a demotion (which was not possible), but the Captain figured out that the CMP did nothing wrong. CMP was released and ordered PMCs arrested, he was PBd by a PMC as soon as he left the brig. Some fighting later Jacklyn openly stated on MP comms that she quits and went to CL office in an attempt to join them, the CL denied this due to her being a MP, she did insist that she is no longer a MP though. I switched back to the CMP fighting PMCs and when I came back to Jacklyn she slugged a marine for aiming a gun at her at rounded, no big deal.

That would be more or less all I remember.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added Ckey of the accused to the report
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo yo I've never really used the forums before but there are false things in this, I never attempted to join the PMCs I thought the CLs office was the safest place, two I never shot a marine into crit they shot at at me and I slugged them and ran I did this do I DIDNT have to kill someone as I don't like killing people, the captain never ordered a arrest he ordered for them to be killed which IC wise Jacklyn was raised on a WY colony and sees the PMCs as heros you from the beginning wanted to kill them there was no RP justification to why you just wanted them dead keep in mind that the research are IS owned by WY and all researchers are WY employees, furthermore I prefer roleplay over mindless killing I understand that I did break rules but I feel that this was all IC for Jacklyn. Also I did not assist in your kidnapping the I cuffed you as to let the situation calm down and the PMC just you I understand that I may have taken this situation in the wrong way but baiting hostility from a PMC chem ERT is just plain annoying for the MPs and the chem ERT I feel as if you didn't intentionally try to turn them hostile it wouldn't have turned out like this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the moderator who initially investigated this incident.

Backsea did, in fact, say to me that they had a backstory reason behind the actions that they did and when questioned about the tazing of MPs in the initial scuffle between the PMCs and MPs.

As for the finer details that Backsea is describing, we'll need the logs because I did not see the whole event as I joined mid-round.

All I can confirm is that Backsea confirmed to me that they did taze the CMP to "de-escalate the situation" since the CMP was brandishing a shotgun (un-wielded). She also explained her character's backstory and used that as a justification for why she felt the CMP was being too aggressive towards the PMCs and why she acted the way she did.

I warned Backsea that she was on the fence if not went over the fence in what can be counted as an OOC incident.
    Captain Chirs Mooris - CO Whitelist

Chris - Synth Whitelist

"CM without RP is CM without a soul"

My join date is a lie, I've been around since 2017

Trial Moderator: 02AUG2020 - 08SEP2020
    Moderator: 08SEP2020 - 05NOV2020

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backsea View Post
    Yo yo I've never really used the forums before but there are false things in this, I never attempted to join the PMCs I thought the CLs office was the safest place, two I never shot a marine into crit they shot at at me and I slugged them and ran I did this do I DIDNT have to kill someone as I don't like killing people, the captain never ordered a arrest he ordered for them to be killed which IC wise Jacklyn was raised on a WY colony and sees the PMCs as heros you from the beginning wanted to kill them there was no RP justification to why you just wanted them dead keep in mind that the research are IS owned by WY and all researchers are WY employees, furthermore I prefer roleplay over mindless killing I understand that I did break rules but I feel that this was all IC for Jacklyn. Also I did not assist in your kidnapping the I cuffed you as to let the situation calm down and the PMC just you I understand that I may have taken this situation in the wrong way but baiting hostility from a PMC chem ERT is just plain annoying for the MPs and the chem ERT I feel as if you didn't intentionally try to turn them hostile it wouldn't have turned out like this
    I can't remember your exact words about joining PMCs, could be wrong from me. But you shot the marine 2-3 times with slugs. True you didn't try to kill them but they were in crit. For the third point, you should not desert because of your backstory, especially as a MP. They were gonna be arrested but were declared hostile because the PMCs killed the CO as soon as he announced this. Researchers are not WY, they are civilians contracted by the USCM. Waltermeldron wants to make them WY but that's not in yet. You did assist the kidnapping. You saw a PMC dragging the CMP towards the general location of their shuttle and steal their headset so they can't call for help. Doesn't seem like you made MPs aware of this until you absolutely had to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did tell the MPs that they took the CMP I said something along the lines of "hey guys I think the PMCs took the CMP" to which no one said anything in response and yeah I guess that is desertion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the moment they first shot and killed an MP the captain announced they were to be arrested. If you didn't notice then fine, but the Captain definitely ordered them detained well before he ordered them to be shot. That only happened somewhere around 20 minutes later after they killed the Captain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just before*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I was the CO during this round and am only going to describe what I can recall from the events that unfolded to the best of my knowledge as I had to juggle multiple incidents and parse together information on the fly during the initial contact with the PMCs.

ARES was beginning to act strangely at the onset of the round with reports of an update inside the core room, printing out reports of W-Y branded source files. CMP Hawkins approached me about modifying the allowed changeable SOPs regarding use of beanbag rounds which I allowed and told MPs to be on guard for any suspicious actions or possible saboteurs onboard as myself and the IO conducted his investigations of the core room, questioning of the Corporate Liaison, and interrogation of the Chief Engineer regarding the file updates being reported by ARES. Good RP was had and everything seemed to be flowing along a reasonable path with no major altercations, with the Executive Officer being given command authority of the groundside operations so as to not interfere with the regular deployment orders of marines.

An unknown vessel was reported to be docking with the Almayer at which point I raised the alert level to 'Blue' and shortly after began receiving reports of PMCs arriving, to which I met with a huge group of PMCs, marines, and other ship crew milling about the research lab entrance. Researchers were freaking out accusing the PMCs of ransacking the lab and threatening force to take research equipment and data, which was reinforced by the CMP's words over MP comms. The CMPs words and actions were indeed highly aggressive and led me to believe they were taking hostile actions at the time, but it also could have just been because of the massive amount of people milling about and harassing the PMCs as well, which led to me to initially order the PMCs to be detained and questioned about the ARES update. Shortly after though, multiple MPs and other crew reported the CMP was acting erratic and taking unnecessary hostile actions to which I then ordered a stand down as I had not personally seen the PMCs doing much to warrant a full blown firefight, and finally got a chance to have a private word with their Team Leader. CMP seemingly disappeared during the scuffle and I ordered MPs to track him down for questioning as to why he took such an aggressive posture towards the Company mercs. We agreed to sell off some sort of synthesized chemical and related documents regarding it to the PMCs in exchange for an increase in budget. Things flowed once again peacefully for quite some time and I don't recall having heard much more about the CMP's location until much later in the round when he was reported captured and being threatened with an ad-hoc execution in the CL's office. I was busy at the time holding an award ceremony for a PVT in the CiC but immediately wrapped it up and sprinted with all due haste to the Liaison's office, declared that he would face justice from the USCM for his alleged actions of destroying the synthesized chemical purchased from the Almayer, and dragged him to the brig for questioning. The information gleaned from the CMP about his abduction had me greatly suspicious of the true intentions of the PMCs along with other facts obtained from the IO's investigation along with supported reports led to to a course of action of breaking the peace and having the PMCs once more declared to be detained and rounded up the brig for questioning, which was brought to a halt once an eavesdropping lone PMC was found outside of the brig window. I yelled for his detainment before we could properly gear up for the looming confrontation, and was immediately brought down by some wild west quickdraw skills from the lone PMC, and point blank shot in the face for this.

Cut to me shortly afterwards waking up from a blackout in medical bay surgery, to which I immediately announced that PMCs were indeed hostile due to this, leading to all hell breaking loose, and a disguised PMC attempting a cowardly assassination attempt against myself who was still wounded and being worked on by a very confused and scared Doctor. Round then ended shortly after said assassin was beaten into submission with my trusted extendable baton, the only weapon I had available at the time.

Any interactions between the CMP and Sahara were either lost on me as a finer detail during the multiple events and ongoing situations happening onboard, and I have little to no knowledge of the desertion attempt made by the MP, as I always trust MP staff to stick to their assigned loyalties and follow Marine Law to the best of their abilities.