User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooner Buff idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rooner Buff idea.

it could be cool if rooners could pass trough other xenos.

when i rooner id like to be able to pass trough my fellow sisters, avoiding bodyblock.
    + it make sense lorewise: Since they part of the same mind hive you will never see Xenos (or ants or bees for exemple) body block each other.

what do you think?
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 08-15-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uneeded. Runner is the last T1 that might need some buffs, or reworks to make it more fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the suicide bomber strain idea that is being worked on.....at least I hope its being worked on. shit sounds like hella fun. also, it will probably lead to more meme hive loadouts for tiers.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make a gitlab, this is the forums.
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tinyhippo View Post
    I like the suicide bomber strain idea that is being worked on.....at least I hope its being worked on. shit sounds like hella fun. also, it will probably lead to more meme hive loadouts for tiers.
    I have never hated something more in my life then that green suicide runner. Say goodbye to 15+ metal because you didn't kill it fast enough. Given it's a one off trade, but oh my freaking god, I hate it.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once people realise to shoot the green runners, especially when they are making strange noises, there will be less incidents of dead cadelines due to it.

Granted it's WAY more fun and cool to have suicide rooner destroy cades rather than a boiler plinking away behind 6 layers of resin membranes
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe u just shouldn't be bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good idea for a buff but at this time I don't think runners need any performance improvements if anything beside the apple to oranges case with a Drone they are the best T1, if the user is experienced enough their even able to robust whole squads by getting them to FF themes comedically and push dragging people behind their lines where they haven't a hope in hell of surviving to whole hive ganking them.

If any of the ambush caste members need a buff I argue that lurkers feel mediocre for a T2 could use a look at as their too slow now, their camo isn't that great, and their jumps delay is to long if facing a competent opponent where as runners can jump spam the fuck out of rubustos without any fear.

Lurkers if anything feel like a poor mans rooner with better survivability and a decent damage increase ability that can allow to reliably break bones. Sure it a lot but it just feels meh, maybe it's just me.
    Last edited by Tranquil; 08-18-2020 at 12:16 AM. Reason: word salad as per usual

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Cabal and Tranquil say, if i understand correctly, is that the timing to add this aint right.
    I will admit its true that ''compared to other t1'' Rooner is not in the worst spot ''fun-wise''...
    but they are defenetly the worst t1 ''survival wise'' considering their ''job''

I used to main rooner and not be too bad at it. But since maturity remooval, rooner long term chance or survival, if active in fighting, are quasi-null... Ronner main will die prematurly way to much. (at least for me... i literaly suck compared to what i used too with the Anciant rooners)

So i would argue that rooner still, eventualy, need a well deserved buff.
    My first reflex would be to ask for 30 more hp, so rooner stop getting ''ONE-SHOTTED'' by pointblank buckshot, or 4 bullet of any guns, or fire for 2 and a half second. (literaly evrything one-shot rooner right now)
    But since devs explicitly said they WANTED the rooner to get oneshot-killed by evrything, i was thinking of an other way, something different to give rooners some angle... some options..

you must have noticed that ronners cant go solo ambush as well as they used too, because their lack of hp coupled with their lack of dammage make it almost impossible for them to solo lones murheens... as soon as they are 2 or more and one of them have a shotgun or a flamer its a lost fight...
    Therefor rooner cant solo ambush as good, what do they do? They get in the frontline melting pot.
    Problem is that, when in the frontline with the other xeno, especialy in chokepoint-combat, runners mostly just block t2 and t3 and take precious space and literaly are more of a hinderance than any help for the hive.
    This would easly be fixed if rooner could pass troug other xenos.

Since they got nerfed at ambushing, it would just be balance that they get buff at Frontlining.
    And again, to me it would just be natural for a hive-mind to not bodyblock themself; Ants and Bees hives dont bodyblock themself...

My 5cents.
    What do you think?
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 08-19-2020 at 10:54 PM.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can just picture a large stack of rooners on top of each other, all on one tile, tryna communicate well enough to look like a single rooner, when in reality it is like 15.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler: