User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost had enough with CM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost had enough with CM

Tbh, I'm on the edge of putting this game aside for good. Here's a description of my recent deaths, in order from the most recent:

1. Stunned by a GL armor, as lurker. Why should any armor have a stun effect? Does it effectively transform a marine into a rock, that somehow doesn't topple over after a heavy beast pounces at it from 6 meters away? If developers want to completely ignore physics with this one, why not make the stun effect armor have a different and distinct color, so that it would be easily and quickly recognizable from all sides?

2. Ran into OB as lurker. Saw a blinking green dot at the edge of the screen, in the direction I was running in and it was too late to do anything about it, despite having full health. The second OB finished me. I've ran into OBs in the past that for some reason didn't emit the sound for me.

3. Got chased down by a shotty gang on Almayer, as lurker. Couldn't make distance from them, and they weren't even unarmored, and seemingly not on stims. Imagine trying to run from unarmored marine or a surv, who is on stims and doing nearly 60 mph.

4. Experienced a small lag spike while fighting a surv, as runner, and got pbed. Didn't want to risk pouncing them, as they had shield. Again, why should a shield stun a pouncing beast and leave its user unaffected?

5. Experienced one of the worst lag instances with 180 people online, and died in LV river, in a pathetic slideshow, as lurker.

7. Didn't hear beeping sound coming from a pred that had self destruct device active.

8. Joined a group of xenos in a fight as runner while at full health, got a sniper fire bullet from a far, despite running around, was hit once more, made it to the weeds but still burned to death.

9. Set on fire in LV river from a fire bullet, as runner, and chased down while running through water while on fire (critted from fire damage and shot). Resisting wasn't an option, since apparently developers think that resisting fire should stun you. So you're being stunned while trying to put yourself out, and the stun doesn't end when you're no longer burning. #cmlogic

Also, not a death, but here's one more "fun" experience I had. Got chased a very long distance as a lurker, by a surv who was wearing a makeshift plate armor and carrying a shield and a shotty. It was beginning of a round, so I don't think that they had stims, and yet, I was able to gain distance from them extremely slowly, and only while being invisible. The map was Prison Station and they chased me all the way from east end of visitation, to the north east corner of the central ring, and then halfway back, to the south eastern corner of it.

A heavily equipped survivor, chased a lurker all this distance, would have continued chasing and caught up (as my invisibility would have ended and I became slower), if another xeno didn't show up.

It would be a very good game, if not all the cancer that it serves you. It's also worth to mention that on top of it, I sometimes find myself fighting the same marine whom I killed not once before, who was brought up with the help of black magic of necromancy, and who is seemingly as agile, as the first time I fought them.
    Last edited by DEADmetal; 08-07-2020 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADmetal View Post
    Tbh, I'm on the edge of putting this game aside for good. Here's a description of my recent deaths, in order from the most recent:

1. Stunned by a GL armor, as lurker. Why should any armor have a stun effect? Does it effectively transform a marine into a rock, that somehow doesn't topple over after a heavy beast pounces at it from 6 meters away? If developers want to completely ignore physics with this one, why not make the stun effect armor have a different and distinct color, so that it would be easily and quickly recognizable from all sides?

2. Ran into OB as lurker. Saw a blinking green dot at the edge of the screen, in the direction I was running in and it was too late to do anything about it, despite having full health. The second OB finished me. I've ran into OBs in the past that for some reason didn't emit the sound for me.

3. Got chased down by a shotty gang on Almayer, as lurker. Couldn't make distance from them, and they weren't even unarmored, and seemingly not on stims. Imagine trying to run from unarmored marine or a surv, who is on stims and doing nearly 60 mph.

4. Experienced a small lag spike while fighting a surv, as runner, and got pbed. Didn't want to risk pouncing them, as they had shield. Again, why should a shield stun a pouncing beast and leave its user unaffected?

5. Experienced one of the worst lag instances with 180 people online, and died in LV river, in a pathetic slideshow, as lurker.

7. Didn't hear beeping sound coming from a pred that had self destruct device active.

8. Joined a group of xenos in a fight as runner while at full health, got a sniper fire bullet from a far, despite running around, was hit once more, made it to the weeds but still burned to death.

9. Set on fire in LV river from a fire bullet, as runner, and chased down while running through water while on fire (critted from fire damage and shot). Resisting wasn't an option, since apparently developers think that resisting fire should stun you. So you're being stunned while trying to put yourself out, and the stun doesn't end when you're no longer burning. #cmlogic

Also, not a death, but here's one more "fun" experience I had. Got chased a very long distance as a lurker, by a surv who was wearing a makeshift plate armor and carrying a shield and a shotty. It was beginning of a round, so I don't think that they had stims, and yet, I was able to gain distance from them extremely slowly, and only while being invisible. The map was Prison Station and they chased me all the way from east end of visitation, to the north east corner of the central ring, and then halfway back, to the south eastern corner of it.

A heavily equipped survivor, chased a lurker all this distance, would have continued chasing and caught up (as my invisibility would have ended and I became slower), if another xeno didn't show up.

It would be a very good game, if not all the cancer that it serves you. It's also worth to mention that on top of it, I sometimes find myself fighting the same marine whom I killed not once before, who was brought up with the help of black magic of necromancy, and who is seemingly as agile, as the first time I fought them.
    1.Its a video game it doesn't have to adhere to IRL physics, all specs are distinguishable from normal marines.

2.your team should be calling out when dots appear, if you can't look at chat then don't get mad when you die, OB sound gets bugged sometimes so you need to pay attention to chat

3. Lurkers are not meant for speed, and you're on the almayer (pretty cramped) use vents more often

4. Good on you for using eyes and knowing when not to pounce, again its video game logic

5. I guarantee they were also lagging and you were just unlucky, it happens

6. It has a red ring over its head, preds are bound by HC not to chase you and usually stand still while SD'ing

7. Snipers hurt, aiming in beyond can be weird, fire counters runners very hard

8. Again, runners are not going to survive fire often, everybody gets stunned by putting out fire including marines

9(surv thing). Dunno what armor your talking about but again lurkers aren't meant for speed and it was probably light

10(revive thing). Marines can get revived and healed?
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    See ya next week cheng. But seriously, welcome to CM-SS13.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i guess u really are DEADmetal

haha that's a joke

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play as Dawson Hook and Brad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple as not picking lurker until they fix the MOBA shitshow

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    disregard the post above, there's a lot of neverlearners who only lurk around on the forums as they can't hold a regular conversation elsewhere

you can try being a marine instead or trying out different castes rather than lurker as spamming one caste 24/7 can lead to irritation and stagnation. a lot of the problems you're encountering can easily be avoided by being a different caste, or getting better game awareness
    The fabled WEEB

Masamune 'Nippon' Sanada

Omen - 1st Generation Synthetic

Guan Dekna - The Shorty

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, granted I'm not a xeno main by any means BUT

I do NOT understand this moba xeno thing, does anyone prefer this to pre moba? Maybe I'm missing some macros because it just doesn't feel right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play different castes

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HBlokkum View Post
    Alright, granted I'm not a xeno main by any means BUT

I do NOT understand this moba xeno thing, does anyone prefer this to pre moba? Maybe I'm missing some macros because it just doesn't feel right
    MOBA caused a lot of lag issues, we can no longer hold 200 players without dying from lag. But it made xenos much more fun, as someone who plays both sides. Ask xeno mains for your opinion and they will think the same about MOBA.