Byond ID?
    ILikeToGammon

Marine Name
    Terrell Laurenzi

Other Whitelist Applications
    None

Name of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Kelly

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Synthetic units can only perform combat if it is in the name of self defense, or for protecting Marines from threats outside of Marine Law. However synthetics can't do active combat roles, and has a sense of self preservation programmed into it, which prevents synthetics from actively attacking enemies in the front lines. This might be way to long but here is an example as I am supposed to do so. Imagine you are stationed at the front lines, then a xenomorph comes up to you and starts attacking you, therefore you defend yourself. Because you inflicted enough damage to the xenomorph, the xenomorph retreats so you continue on with your duties not chasing after the xenomorph.

Synthetic Character Story
    Because when I tried to just post the link, I apparently have to have at least 100 characters, so hows it going.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Kelly's quirk is that he speaks like he is a part of a Mafia, but doesn't overuse the slang in order to alleviate communication issues with the crew. During conversations, he seems to act in a very formal manner and has a fine way with words, however the subject he enjoys talking about the most is Engineering topics.

How familiar are you with Engineering?
    I know how to:
    -Create Explosives and not blow up the lab.
    -Create a basic FOB that is defensive.
    -Construct and Upgrade metal barricades.
    -Construct Plasteel barricades.
    -Hack APCs, doors, and the req console.
    -Disassembling windows, walls, etc.
    -Firing and Loading Mortars.
    -Loading OBs.

How familiar are you with Command?
    I know how to:
    -Fully use the Overwatch consoles.
    -Setting a LZ.
    -Firing OBs.
    -Sending supply drops via Overwatch Console and Req's Supply console.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I know how :
    -All the surgeries by heart.
    -The Chemical Recipes.
    -The basic and advanced medical treatments.
    -Washing my hands before and after surgery.
    -Basic Sanitation???(I don't even know why I put this)

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    I know how to:
    -Order and distribute supplies.
    -Survive the beginning attachment rush.
    -Deny every HEFA order.
    -Send supplies down via Req console.
    -Get extra money by sending back stamped manifests.
    -Pester CIC to launch my supply pads.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I want to be a synthetic because I really enjoy the support roles and the non-active combat roles, mostly because I am un-robust. I have always enjoyed playing support roles because I can contribute to the round without increasing my kill count.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    I have been banned for EROG, but other than that I have no active job bans or outstanding bans, that I know of.

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Do you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    No

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes
    Last edited by ILikeToGammon; 08-09-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The combat scenarios answer is too generic, I encourage you to think up of a more unique example.

The quirk doesn't sound too reassuring the way you've worded it, and the story was poor. I recommend not writing a story from a first person view and include much, much more dialogue. Because not only was this a little hard to follow, but it also gave me the impression at places that your synth is actually feeling, instead of merely acting upon his programmed quirk. And the quirk overall could use a bit more depth to it, just saying that your synth occasionally speaks like a mafioso is pretty eh, and being polite/formal is not a quirk.

I very vaguely remember you playing various support roles but I've mostly seen you play MP and RO, and I think doctor a couple times. I think squad engi as well.

And uh. Honestly. Do try to formulate a bit better of an answer to the "why should we whitelist you" question. Because saying you want to be a synth because you're unrobust sounds plain silly imo, considering we have more than our fair share of synths that are more than able to completely wreck everyone's shit in combat.

Read up more through the accepted applications, the competence and effort in playing support roles is definitely present but the app is lacking. So this is going to be a -1 from me chief.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for the feedback 50RemAndCounting. I'll keep your criticisms in mind when I make my next application form.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so you said "Yes" to the question that you cannot edit your application past 1 hour. Well, you did. As such I am gonna have to deny this and ask you reapply in a month. Doesn't matter how minor the edit is, you agreed you wouldn't edit it past 1 hour.

Still, I am gonna give you some feedback on the story:
    It was hard to read because you don't put enter after each new person has a new dialogue. Don't write from 1st person, try not to "retell" events like some sort of diary entry but instead focus on presenting them, like an actual story.

I really like the quirk idea, I think you should just go for a short story with mostly dialogue, instead of going for your synth talking for 1000 words about hard to follow events.

Denied, you can reapply in a month.
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 08-13-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.