User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fog of war and alien bases

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fog of war and alien bases

I don't play this very often, but when I do one of the things I enjoy most is building maze like bases to confuse marines and installing nest rooms outside the primary base. A big problem with this however is that it's really hard for other aliens to find their way around any labyrinths you build because their line of sight is broken, they may never know you put a nest room somewhere because they only care about getting back to the primary nest and they're usually annoyed if they don't have an easy path.

Therefore I suggest that aliens are able to see resin structures and weeds at all times, even outside their line of sight. This way navigating complex hives is a breeze because they always know the outline of every room and what is inside of it, even if they can't see if there's any creatures inside of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got my vote. Call it like a natural instinct or something.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mfw people still make resin labirynths while marines just shoot/melee through them.

Unironically they only harm xenos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 Demiurge.
    you bring a good point and your idea is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 from me too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 (But only if they give up getting to see talls through non-resin walls. (OR EVEN JUST SURVIVORS PLEASE))
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xenos not being able to see humans through walls would be a massive nerf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 (But only if they give up getting to see talls through non-resin walls. (OR EVEN JUST SURVIVORS PLEASE))
    And then we get all xenos afraid to round corners because of double shotgun ungas. Granted, better ones would be able to deal with that, but everyone else would cry.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demiurge View Post
    I don't play this very often, but when I do one of the things I enjoy most is building maze like bases to confuse marines and installing nest rooms outside the primary base. A big problem with this however is that it's really hard for other aliens to find their way around any labyrinths you build because their line of sight is broken, they may never know you put a nest room somewhere because they only care about getting back to the primary nest and they're usually annoyed if they don't have an easy path.

Therefore I suggest that aliens are able to see resin structures and weeds at all times, even outside their line of sight. This way navigating complex hives is a breeze because they always know the outline of every room and what is inside of it, even if they can't see if there's any creatures inside of it.
    How about giving Resin Whisperer the ability to plant "Path Finding" Purple sack instead of regular ones with 25% increase in cool down for planting and 50% reduction on weed spread speed that allows friendly xenomorphs to see the weeds similar to how a burrower can see tiles. This would give the Resin Whisperer Strain enough value to make sense to actually run and make it pretty easy for you to navigate your hell maze.

As for further balance measures make it noticeable by reduce the hue to be closer to a light purplish-black grey and make unable to support hive weeds. Lighter hue will also make traps more obvious as to further balance it, if it still needs work you could either reduce maximum plasma for a Resin Walker or increase Path Finding plasma cost, but it should be balanced without that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 For me, it would make it easier to navigate hives, which would make sense since a xeno not knowing its own hive seems weird, and it would be a amazing QOL change as carrier.