User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fog of war and alien bases

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give all xenos a TOGGLE for burrower visi9n.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aidenzack1 View Post
    +1 For me, it would make it easier to navigate hives, which would make sense since a xeno not knowing its own hive seems weird, and it would be a amazing QOL change as carrier.
    Not just that. You're literally a hivemind. You could sit back at the hive and just observe the drones creating it around you if you really really wanted.

+1 Because I'd rather play the game than just watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvrem View Post
    Not just that. You're literally a hivemind. You could sit back at the hive and just observe the drones creating it around you if you really really wanted.

+1 Because I'd rather play the game than just watch.
    Thats what I meant about the "xeno not knowing its own hive thing", but I agree with you there, a hivemind should have access to all knowledge from every drone, and I can see how having different IRL people playing xenos makes that near impossible, but this would be a way to make it just a little more like it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Mfw people still make resin labirynths while marines just shoot/melee through them.

Unironically they only harm xenos
    Brug moment, the only xenos they harm are the ones who have really bad lag and run into a wall, or the ones who would die anyways. I love xeno mazes as any caste, especially hivelord ones.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Brug moment, the only xenos they harm are the ones who have really bad lag and run into a wall, or the ones who would die anyways. I love xeno mazes as any caste, especially hivelord ones.
    You say that but I've seen checkerboard patterns of doors and walls with some doors leading straight into walls which killed a handful of xenoes that didn't know where to retreat because they didn't by memory know the exact tile width of the corridor the maze was built in.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvrem View Post
    You say that but I've seen checkerboard patterns of doors and walls with some doors leading straight into walls which killed a handful of xenoes that didn't know where to retreat because they didn't by memory know the exact tile width of the corridor the maze was built in.
    You mean they'd run into a room that has walls, and then get trapped, or just run into a wall? If they just run into a wall they can turn
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean they'd run into a room that has walls, and then get trapped, or just run into a wall? If they just run into a wall they can turn
    Both.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome labyrinth which does nothing but get the marines kills because they can just shoot down the corridor

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just build doors in ya maze, do you guys only play xeno with completely bald drones or something? Every maze I've ever used as xeno has been helpful. If a marine is shooting at you, you turn a corner, or go through a door.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just build doors in ya maze, do you guys only play xeno with completely bald drones or something? Every maze I've ever used as xeno has been helpful. If a marine is shooting at you, you turn a corner, or go through a door.
    There's plenty of bald drones that make doors that lead straight into walls or that wall off high traffic areas except for a single route through a maze.