Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fog of war and alien bases

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvrem View Post
    There's plenty of bald drones that make doors that lead straight into walls or that wall off high traffic areas except for a single route through a maze.
    Oof bro, you've got bad luck. I dunno but all the mazes I see are good. But that's just luck I suppose.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Mfw people still make resin labirynths while marines just shoot/melee through them.

Unironically they only harm xenos
    If the builder's being a brainlet, yes. Lining the walls of a room or otherwise putting resin where marines are unlikely to go out of their way to break it is the best strategy. The power of "I have to break ALL of that? Fuck that." is powerful when playing hivey. Turning 4 tile hallways into 2 tile hallways when you've got ravager and boiler hell waiting at one end is always a good strategy. Marines will almost never bother breaking every wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mazes are bad because lag on CM is sketchy. Sometimes there will be mass disconnects where I have to drag back T3s that still haven't reconnected from the aggro lag spike. Mazes are bad because like someone else said, they block off doors to be cool and edgy through high traffic areas. I have enough and others have enough to worry about than some griefing drone/hivelord blocking off my path of retreat/attack because they want to feel useful. You're useful building defenses that don't slow down aliens, since marines are going to just OB/C4/Melee the maze anyways and you just slowed us down for your big brain plan.

Forward nests are bad because I usually see people building them in the most STUPID places possible. "Hurr door gonna build this forward hive on the beach...oh crap all the hosts just died because they OB'd the beach on LV who woulda thunk!" Lazy nesting is disgusting and just shouldn't be done. Find a runner, give them the cap, and they can get it back to the hive in the same time it takes you to nest them in that lazy nest. Also lazy nesting if you still have a hive is stupid because the scout will just pitter patter around and release them when the aliens have to push or relocate for a flank and you'll have to move that cap if you want to keep them anyways.

Yes it would be nice to see structures through walls. +1

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a beno you know... You can destroy doors in like one, or two slashes. Instead of afking in the hive and then using tunnels, maybe go normally once and learn the layout and destroy shitty structures?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    As a beno you know... You can destroy doors in like one, or two slashes. Instead of afking in the hive and then using tunnels, maybe go normally once and learn the layout and destroy shitty structures?
    I legit have better things to do than worry about some random building a maze, especially as a drone I should not have to worry about the other drones making a 1x1 maze in east caves when I'm doing west or central. Common sense Cabal, let's use it.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiChii View Post
    snip
    How seeing trough resin walls will help you with that? Suddently 1x1 mazes cease to exist? You will have to manually check and then destroy unneeded structures anyway.

"Common Sense", or not, doesn't look like it will be added for now, so I'm giving out ways that worked for me and destroying useless, or outright harmfull mazes was a thing I did as a defender, instead of afking in the hive till marines arrive and then going trough the tunnel, be pushed and then *suprised pikachu* face when strange resin contraptions halt my retreat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its a bad idea, ok so we can already see marines through walls and now you want to be able too see the exact layout of those rooms they're in. If no one can see how stupidly op this is then seriously man. Like being able to see how many guys are in that room as well as whether or not they'll have line of sight on you when you move in is just ...cheap. Just think of how many xenos deaths in a are due to the xeno running into a room and not realising the walls had been destroyed or that tables where blocking their path.

Like I get it, its a hivemind you should be able to know the layout of the hive but gameplay should take priority. If a couple xenos aren't able to learn the route or layout of the hive defences then that's on them in my opinion. also Ik youre saying for weeds and resin structures only but im not sure thats possible so im just going off the other wall hack visions weve got.