User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: bardinatavern - Commanding Officer Application

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So uh, I've had a handful of operations with you as a SO, when I was COing and I have to say. You're a giga chad. It would be epic to see you as a captain. You are probably one of my most active staff officers. I remember recently we had a round where you and I spent the entire time just screaming constantly at marines calling out locations of dead marines and WITH OUR TACTICAL COORDINATION WE HAD NO CASUALTIES. However, I won't be +1ing this bud.

+2
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arghghghghghghhghghghhhhhhhhhhhhh, noooooo. How could this be happening to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's nothing wrong on your app. Good answers and Good Commander who can actually do shit.

And don't be afraid to be criticize for trying something new or fun. Don't listen to those NPC's marines who all can do after OP is complain and keep bitching about the CO or your plans. They are idiots and snowflakes.

Be like Juro who isn't afraid to make the round fun and memorable. Okay?!

+1
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 08-13-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lost track of how many times you applied for CO and I still can't get over your attitude. Whenever I see you in command and sending announcements I get the feeling some salty tryhard pfc broke into cic and is playing command and that the actual command is absent.

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth he lead an operation and marines won while I basically made the Commanding Officer who shall remain nameless run away like a little girl because of ghosts.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The nameless CO from the previous post here.

LT Hawkins did in fact take over the operation while CO was fighting ghosts of his past and other CIC officers were, to put it lightly, useless. During the course of the round he gained enough loyalty from the men on the ground that when he went MIA some marines even suggested CO killed him out of jealousy.

Judging by that round and the tone of this application I think you're competent enough from the operational side and also understand the responsibility you as an officer have to your men.

The application itself is ok, with the story being kinda bad in my opinion. Again, I think actual leadership and technical skills are more important than a gimmick, having a gimmick too won't hurt and as from your story your COs defining trait seems to be "is willing to go for ambitious, though questionable plans".

In the end a mild +1 from me.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do not have to echo what 50remandcounting said you have my -1
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superb XOing on that last LV round, organised a 3 pronged cave assault which isn't easy to do, based gamer chief will provide fun rounds for marines +1

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your app's pretty good.
    People here can definitely vouch for your performance as XO but I will admit, and a few of the Council agree, you're still a bit lacking in terms of experience. Play more XO while your app is up, please. Make sure not to grind too hard for it, though, so you don't get burnout.

Since this app's got a bit of contest to it, I'm gonna ask you a question. You've probably heard this before in other apps, if you've looked at them:
    ---
    Briefly describe a round where you lost as an XO. What led up to the loss? Did your actions contribute to a defeat in any way, and what do you think you could learn from the experience?
    Last edited by naut; 08-19-2020 at 03:36 AM.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a while but I remember this one somewhat well.
    We had a round on Sorokyne Strata where I was XO. I wanted to do a split deployment but accidently set the primary LZ to the one that was being used as a one off. Comms got taken there and led to marines having no idea where to defend, evacuate to, or get supplies. This was combined with confusion on groundside reports plus me not looking at squad helmet camms leading to me given false announcements. I also wasn't giving tacmaps so a lot of them had no idea what was going on. That was 100% on me for screwing up the deployment, not giving marines information. What I learned from that was 3 things:
    #1 check helmet camms frequently even if you're commanding. It'll give you a better idea of what's going on groundside and what appropiate orders would be.
    #2 set the proper LZ, and if not atleast announce which LZ it is. Marines should ALWAYS know where the FOB is, and there shouldn't be any confusion as to where they have to run to if they're evaccing.
    #3 tacmaps are an absolute godsend, but bare minimum you should make sure that the majority of marines always where the action is, where their orders are relative to them, and how to get there. Giving them conflicting directions that aren't matched by what they see on the ground will make them way less effective.

Tl;dr even if you have a big advantage as marines vs xenos if you're disorganized that can still go out the window. You need to make sure they're cohesive. Me failing to do that IMO cost us the round.
    This was a while ago but I still remember it because I botched it bad.