Date of Incident
    August 13, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Kaori "Mad Dog" Yamashita

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Fortelian

Accused Character Name
    didn't record it

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    this very last round. 9 PM EST I'm told.

What rule(s) were broken:
    at least field execution

Description of the incident:
    A PO assisted a marine in stealing my boots aboard the shuttle. I went back to the ship to regear and file a report with the MPs. While I did that, the CO (Fortelian) lost their shit and got me arrested for not deploying after I told them I wouldn't get on the POs dropship again.
    I spent the entire round brigged, waiting for MPs to investigate my report. They did not bother. The PO even admitted to it on charlie comms before I was arrested. The CO knew that.

The whole spiel ended with me getting executed for desertion whilest xenos boarded the ship. Charlie Squad's attempt to free me was smashed by the MPs and we probably lost more marines to that than to the aliens.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    admins/mods were present. honestly, everyone who played that round knew what went down.

How you would punish the accused:
    seems like a power trip, abuse of power and arbitrariness to me. they should get a breather from CO duties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I also got executed with shotguns because they couldn't spare the time to do it properly. Their words, not mine.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bud, I'm sorry if ya round didn't go the way you wanted, but that was your own choice. I told you to get on the dropship and get planetside, and you refused. I even said that you had one last warning, I really didn't want to arrest you, but you still refused. I could have had you charged with desertion and executed shortly thereafter, but I decided that that would be abuse of my power, and cringe, so I didn't do it. I figured an NoD charge could convince you to deploy once you were out of the brig. But nope. So I gave you ONE LAST CHANCE. Another NoD charge, and yet you STILL refused to deploy. So you were charged with desertion. EVEN IF the PO committed the crime, it doesn't mean you can just refuse to do your job, ESPECIALLY as a smartgunner, a VERY IMPORTANT ROLE.

"Accused Character Name; didn't record it" It's Salvador Kepplinger.

"While I did that, the CO (Fortelian) lost their shit" I don't get angry really, unless I die to lag or something. Then I salt in dchat for 5-10 minutes until I just start watching robustos. It really is much more enjoyable to just enjoy the game, so there's no need to get angry at someone. You were refusing to deploy which crippled the marines. That is cringe my dude.

"I spent the entire round brigged, waiting for MPs to investigate my report. They did not bother." I'm sorry about that bud. But I'm the CO, not the CMP. MPs investigate crimes and stuff. If they didn't do that, then you should be reporting them, not me. I only ordered your arrest because I witnessed you commit a crime, and it was detrimental to the operation. If the PO really did help in stealing your shoes that is aiding and abetting, and the MPs should have arrested him, but I am not going to micromanage charges of shoe theft. I'll leave that to the CMP.

"The PO even admitted to it on charlie comms before I was arrested. The CO knew that." I did not know that. Because I had every single channel on since the update where CO radios start with all radio channels on. I also don't investigate crimes, so I won't dig through my radio logs to prove someone stole your shoes. You were being stubborn, and rude. The PO was not, in my opinion, being either.

"I went back to the ship to regear and file a report with the MPs. While I did that, the CO (Fortelian) lost their shit and got me arrested for not deploying after I told them I wouldn't get on the POs dropship again." As stated earlier, you had multiple chances to deploy my man. I'm fine with an SG regearing and filing a report to the MPs. I'm not fine with an SG refusing to deploy.

"The whole spiel ended with me getting executed for desertion whilest xenos boarded the ship." That's true. The majority of procedure was skipped due to code red and delta. Looking back on it, I could have battle field executed you, just to hurry it up. (But that is debatable, and a whole other conversation, based on interpretation)

"executed with shotguns" Nowhere is it stated that rifles must be used for executions, and we were planning on using it, but either we decided to just get it over with, or hijack happened so we wanted it done fast. I believe it was the latter, but it may have been the former if hijack wasn't announced at that point. It WAS code red however.

"Charlie Squad's attempt to free me was smashed by the MPs and we probably lost more marines to that than to the aliens." Charlie tried freeing you, and opened fire on my MPs. They didn't have to even do that. My MPs didn't start killing them, they instigated. You can't blame us for attacking you if it is self defense.

"at least field execution" You can't report me for a rule if you are not the victim, last I checked. If the person I BEd had a problem with it, they can either talk to me in PMs, or report me.

"seems like a power trip, abuse of power and arbitrariness to me. they should get a breather from CO duties." How did I abuse my power? That wasn't very clear. You do the crime, you do the time. You do the capital crime, you get executed. I didn't even want to execute you at first, but later, I decided it would be best. One of my MPs also wanted me to.

If ya want to talk, you can PM me on discord at Fortelian#3308.

If I missed anything, or got anything mixed up, that's my bad. Logs will prove it all. It was a big round what with PMCs and the SG and all that. Sorry it was rough man.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You were NOT okay with me resupplying. You immediately got in my face for that. And you knew about the PO, because you were told by several people.

As for me not redeploying, I told you I would not enter the dropship again as long as the PO was commanding it. For obvious reasons, I can't get on the ship off a guy who stole from me AND holds authority on said vessel.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You were NOT okay with me resupplying. You immediately got in my face for that." No, I told you to finish your report to the MPs. I saw you standing still talking to an MP, so I wanted ya to hurry that up and deploy, since ya an SG. If ya wanna resupply, go ahead man, that's fine.

"And you knew about the PO, because you were told by several people." I don't recall anyone other than you, and one other guy who was yelling that you shouldn't be in jail and stuff. He was arrested himself, and while I never found out what for, I have to assume it was interfering (a server rule break) or NoD for refusing to deploy, like you did. But once again, that's up to the MPs to investigate.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The MPs arrested him for stepping inside the brig to talk to me after they took my headset. Since he was a charlie.
    Even my SL told you about that shit. The SL.

I'm still seeing you and the MPs at fault. There were up to FOUR of them inside the brig at any time. So unless you actively told them not to, I don't see why they wouldn't investigate the PO. They got my report way before my arrest.
    Your MPs didn't do shit, your CMP didn't do shit, and neither did you, on that front. All that started a long time before the PMCs even came into play.

As for me being "rude and stubborn", can you fault my character for that, in that situation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you came by the brig several times, so you should have realized your MPs didn't do shit. You flat out didn't care.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The MPs arrested him for stepping inside the brig to talk to me after they took my headset. Since he was a charlie." That's rough bud. But in that case, it would be trespass. So he did commit a crime.

"Even my SL told you about that shit. The SL." Adam Berkshire was the charlie SL, from my recollection, he told me that you weren't deploying. I don't recall him telling me about that other guy getting arrested, but hey, he might have. Another point is that he was not set as SL due to him dying a bunch, so he wasn't even loud on comms, which could contribute to me not hearing him. When I see an SSGT speak in command I usually don't read it if it is small, since that is an MP, and whatever they want to tell me, they can do so in the MP channel.

"I'm still seeing you and the MPs at fault. There were up to FOUR of them inside the brig at any time. So unless you actively told them not to, I don't see why they wouldn't investigate the PO. They got my report way before my arrest." I didn't actively tell them not to do it, so I can't tell you why they didn't.

"Your MPs didn't do shit, your CMP didn't do shit, and neither did you, on that front. All that started a long time before the PMCs even came into play." It ain't my job to investigate things, if my MPs failed to do anything, then you have to report them.

"As for me being "rude and stubborn", can you fault my character for that, in that situation?" Your shoes got stolen, and you say the PO helped the guy steal your shoes. I won't blame you for being annoyed, but in character sense, there were people dying down there, and you didn't deploy because someone took your shoes.

"And you came by the brig several times, so you should have realized your MPs didn't do shit. You flat out didn't care." Once again. If they aren't doing their jobs ahelp it. I always assume they're doing their jobs. You have never played MP from what I've seen, so you probably don't know what they do, but when I saw them, they were talking about what you did, I can't say whether or not they were investigating.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't fail to deploy because my shoes got stolen. I didn't deploy because a criminal was piloting the ship and my report was ignored. You knew the whole story, as did the MPs, and none of you did anything. You were all set on "get down there or we'll execute you". Great way to motivate someone you arrested on trumped up charges while you ignore their rights.

If you really wanted me to deploy, you would have either ordered an investigation, or simply swapped the PO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And for the record, if I had their names, I would report all of them. But ultimately, you're reponsible for them.

One of them shot me point blank and continued beating my corpse to make sure I was unrecoverably dead. What solid roleplay.