User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeether - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeether - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    Jeether
    Character Name?
    Sydney 'Lilly' Wood
    Type of Ban?
    Job/Role Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    Sleepy
    Total Ban Duration
    Permanent (Job ban)
    Remaining Duration
    Permanent (Job ban)
    What other servers do you play on?
    I play some times on TG (Bagil).
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    I have been banned from Paradise for around 4 or 5 years by now, but i'm not sure. I do not believe i'm banned from any other servers at this moment.
    Reason for Ban
    Job banned roles: Doctor, CMO, Researcher.

It was apparently, in one of those rare ''Highlander'' rounds. Admins had replaced all fire arms with glaives, axes and other melee weapons for the marines. This caused them to go havoc on the ship, breaking every window around medbay, firing range, briefing, and from what i heard over comms, engineering.

I was fixing the windows in medbay, it took a good 10-15 minutes to fix them all due to the lack of metal for the rods. When i fixed them all, shortly, a marine named Ali Amir (PFC), started breaking one of medbay's windows (Specifically, the one in the south medbay hallway, with the autodoc and the body scanner).

At this point, i was sick of the marines continuous bullshit over breaking medbay's windows. I anesthesic the marine (wich only paralyzed him for around 15 seconds, since i put dylovene in the mixture to shorten the time of the stun), and slammed him once in the table. Then, he told me he was infected.

I realized that this was a mistake of my part, then in an attempt to compensate, i analyzed him for surgery, bandaged him, and left him there.

Shortly, i am PM'd by Sleepy, asking why i did all of that.

I explained the situation, and they requested the admins a solution, apparently. The admins online (I am unsure who they spoke to) have decided jobbaning me was the right decision, after taking a look at my notes, and apparently, a 'previous offense' regarding anesthesics.

Regarding the 'previous offense': It was around September of 2018, i believe, but i can't tell exactly when, i was doing a test with chloral hydrate at round-start with the IV drip in research. After putting the beaker into the IV, i got PM'd by Blade why i would do such a thing. He sayed that he would note me for 'potential griefing behaviour'. I even added Dylovene in the mix to completely nullify the Chloral Hydrate toxin properties (I did the same with Ali Amir, i used dylovene to nullify the anesthesic toxins).

Shortly, i was solely warned for putting a beaker with chloral hydrate in the IV of research for a test. This, later, possibly resulted in the jobban of the Researcher/Doctor/CMO roles.

I did not make any complaints or even a staff report against blade for this note.

This is NOT a complaint about Blade, and i do not wish to promote any conflict here. I am just concerned that, their actions resulted in something much more problematic then expected.

Any questions and opinions are welcome.
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    N/A
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    I.. couldn't take any prints at the moment, but any log dives/screenshots, are welcome.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by forest2001; 01-24-2019 at 07:43 PM.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in favour of having this lifted as the notes regarding Chloral Hydrate aren't really offences, more warnings with the exclusion of sedating an MP.
    The use of Chloral Hydrate in IVs is prohibited, but only if it's used on people. Other tests are generally accepted within RP so long as you don't try to skirt the lines.
    Next time as the note states, I suggest you call for an MP or ask the CMO to intervene as they can legally flash people misbehaving in the medbay.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I'm all for this ban being lifted it's just as the time an admin said a jobban would be fine. Note should be kept as you should be getting MPs, however.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a long time player, so you should know you have to call the MPs.
    My opinion is you should to go 30 days without issues before we would consider a job unban.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 01-25-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Standard policy is you have to go 30 days without issues before we would consider a job unban.
    That's completely fine by me, and, yes, this was a mistake of my part, i should have called the MPs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ban is too recent from me and obviously it was an issue you were consistently having before staff seemed to believe this ban was warranted. -1 from me due to the ban only being placed recently.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was the Admin that told Sleepy to give you a job-ban. You've had notes for doing this stuff before and yes you should've called the MPs. I'd say try again at a later time to appeal then I'd support lifting this. -1

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and support lifting this. You've shown that you understand what you did wrong, and how to avoid it in the future, and I think you also understand the consequences if this is repeated. I'm going to give this a hesitant +1, on the condition that if something like this does happen again, the consequences are far more severe.
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is fine by me.
    Last edited by Jeether; 01-27-2019 at 09:15 PM.