User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeether - Ban Appeal (Job/Role Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'll say it can be fine to use anesthetic on a marine that is directly causing a major disruption in medical, but things like breaking into the surgical hallway or otherwise doesn't directly cause a need to pacify a marine.
    Calling the MPs works for that, use of it that isn't surgery or justified by that is grief essentially. IV drip thing isn't necessarily a concern but there is a long note history.
    Could have been a time ban over a medical job ban perhaps.
    Don't feel too strongly in any direction here but I think these are worth mentioning.
    Last edited by Solarmare; 01-31-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you've sprayed space lube around hangar 1 on the Almayer, and seem not to learn that space lube usage is mostly griefing, in any situation you shouldn't be putting space lube anywhere near a dropship landing area. -1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was in the round that you and another MT were chasing me trying to beat me with stools. I was even PM'd about it by someone, but regarding the situation, he did not seem to mind (I do not remember their ckey).

You're saying that like i sprayed it in a main-hallway. Given the situation, it was allowed, and i made sure that no one else but you and the other guy slipped. When i do unusual things like this, i always make sure that it is safe before doing so. Or else, i wouldn't do it in the first place.

No offenses intended, but i feel like you might be biased regarding this since you were directly involved in the situation.

I rarely ever use lube outside HvH rounds. You hacked in morgue and stole jumpsuits, you also promissed a ingredients crate in ex-change for my ''silence'', and then pretended it never happened. However, this is all irrelevant since it's completely IC. I won't try to justify that with IC actions.

Space Lube usage is only griefing when there is no justification involved, and if you end up severly injuring un-related people, or severly injuring someone at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it comes to this particular instance, I don't think it warranted locking you out from the entire medical department. Anyway, the ban was applied, has been active for a few days, you've made the appeal.

Your note history is longer than a delayed ice colony round, but you haven't been in trouble much in the last few months.
    You've been here for a very long time, you're very active on the server, and you've definitely shown improvement.
    You broke the rules, but you did it while roleplaying (or attempting to), you obviously had what you thought was a valid reasonning. And after the rule-break was commited, you took the path that didn't ruin the other player's round.
    The way I see it, removing your access to the doctoring jobs won't dissuade or stop you from repeating these mistakes.

+1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mostly agree with Tharinoma on this. You have shown improvement from your past and what not. +1 from me
    hello im dondale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that its quite obvious that you understand where you went wrong and why the ban was applied.

Taking into account that it was an event round where other shenanigans were going on, and the fact that you made an effort to roleplay and after your actions to heal him, I dont see why this ban shouldn't be lifted, especially when the previous note seems to be somewhat questionable.

I'd be happy to see this lifted as long as you fully understand that any further medical shenanigans with anesthetics will be dealt with more harshly.

+1

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as a side note last i checked youve got to wait until the chloral hydrate or soporific has left the patients body before administering dylo or you do even more harm. That may have been changed recently or be in the process of being changed but quite recently we had a change to how anasthetics work in game. Because of abuse (*cough not guilty). So i can see why you were spoken to about it, doubly so when its in regards to IVs as an often target for griefers is doctors and IV/cryotubes.

That being said though long as you promise not to screw around in the future ill give you my +1

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dylovene is used as an anti-toxin and a drug to wake patients from sedation. It does not function properly in that latter capacity but it is not harmful to use in conjunction with Chloral Hydrate, as Chloral Hydrate causes toxin damage after ingestion.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no intent to grief at all regarding the IV. Infact, Dylovene reduces dramastically Chloral Hydrate toxin damage, nullifying it. I can confirm that Dylovene does not do any harm, it's specifically a counter to anesthesics. That's why i wanted to test Hydrate on a IV. Chloral is a sedative, and has better anesthesic properties then Soporific, thus, it could be very usefull in busted-lung surgeries, since even someone with Oxy in their bloodstream could still move mid-operation and screw it over.

I explained that to Blade, that Dylovene healed Toxins caused by Hydrate. That's why i think that note is rather questionable.

That being sayed, if you mix Dylovene + CH, that's not going to really harm anyone. Just keep him down for a moment.
    Last edited by Jeether; 02-04-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. Based on what the other staff said. Yeah sure +1