User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Removal of IO's and the addition of RTO's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did they say anything about JTAC? Because you have to have a radio in order to use JTAC properly. Will kits still give a radio backpack or something? Yeah it'll reduce the amount of unga's on JTAC thinking they know what they're doing, but it might also irreversibly erase the entire concept of it due to disuse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seabass390 View Post
    *snip*

*hug*

I feel your pain and TBH I feel kinda sad man..... all those efforts to improve IO and I feel like its all for nothing with them demolishing the role just to improve the lag, albeit in a whole other direction. I used to be an IO main last year then played sporadically in the current 2020 version..... I guess I should start playing it more often before it happens....

Any word, by the way, on when this update is happening?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another important question is what happens when there ISN'T an RTO in the squad. If I understand correctly and there's only one per squad, then what about rounds when no one joins as one? Or the old one just gets gibbed or dies too far in the xeno horde? Will there be kits to fill that function or what?
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigil View Post
    Another important question is what happens when there ISN'T an RTO in the squad. If I understand correctly and there's only one per squad, then what about rounds when no one joins as one? Or the old one just gets gibbed or dies too far in the xeno horde? Will there be kits to fill that function or what?
    99.999999999999999999999999% chance the RTO just pisses off and dies to the alien horde while ugnaing or gets beheaded by predators.

If it a boring role where you cant ugna off expect it to be played by the baldest bastards you ever found; beyond not knowing CM bald, beyond not knowing SS13 bald, I mean you question how this god dam idiot was able to turn on there computer. That crayon eating momma's 'special boy' is your only lifeline to CIC and POs. God help you.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigil View Post
    I know its hard to believe but back in the day we had roles like doctor and medic that were essential to the marine effort and if they were bad it really was a detriment to the marines. I know its hard to believe but it worked and the game was better imo.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    I know its hard to believe but back in the day we had roles like doctor and medic that were essential to the marine effort and if they were bad it really was a detriment to the marines. I know its hard to believe but it worked and the game was better imo.
    Bruh, what does a... dcotr?? doccotr? doctor?? what is that muh man, you mean squad mairine, that's inthe onlyl role lol. just wait 10- seconds to healf from tehs ai zenoids
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the new radio guy is an interesting addition.
    Getting rid of the radio for lag can be a good idea, id like to see squad cohesion once they have no more radio
    and the only way to RP will be to actualy to stick together. Id like a squad who actualy stick together...
    Unga-rambos will now die uneard off. wich is great. peoples who fuck off their squad shouldnt be rewarded or praised.

Defcon used to make sense when xeno had maturity, but since they remooved maturity, defcon advantage murheen on the long term while xeno stay the same. So current state of defcon / maturity is kinda unfair. this is one of the reason xeno are speed running; becaus their powerspike is early and they know it. Indeed, there is something that need to be done to equalize this. So here come the techweb; where both side can get cool upgrades via controling map objectives!...
    I truly hope the new ''objective oriented gameplay'' wont make the game more streamlined and linear.... devs here can either do something great or mess up really bad... please dont fuck this up... do not streamline CM even more...

Appart from that, my main concern is with the remooval of intel gathering and IO....
    i dont see why the techweb and radio guy should eliminate INTEL defcon and IOs.... intel defcon and IOs should simply be intergrated into the new techweb point system.

however excited i am about the new techweb and the new ''no radio gameplay'', i would truly miss the ''behind the enmy line ninja mode'' gameplay that IO offered us.
    IO should be adapted, not remooved. same for the INTEL treasure hunt; integrate it instead or deleting it.

what do you think?
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 08-17-2020 at 12:21 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'm most curious about is how this will affect CIC.
    I also suspect that this will encourage Death Balls to a much higher degree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    they were talking about removing curent gamemode and replacing it with control points

Holy shit the future of this game looks fucking bleak. I used to say "Team Fortress 2 Xeno Edition" as a joke about the shitty PvP wannabe CoD gameplay that the new devs seem to always push but I never thought it would come this far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *gasp

If it a boring role where you cant ugna off expect it to be played by the baldest bastards you ever found; beyond not knowing CM bald, beyond not knowing SS13 bald, I mean you question how this god dam idiot was able to turn on there computer. That crayon eating momma's 'special boy' is your only lifeline to CIC and POs. God help you.
    At least it probably won't be as bad as those OTs that make potassium + water m40s.

Also, I just had a thought: if their gear will be impossible or hard to replace and they will be the ONLY way to talk to the ship, they're probably gonna end up getting ordered to sit behind the front line so as to not die. We might actually get some RPing with... I dunno, like field surgeon synths. Maybe. Or these guys will just be perma SSD with rare bouts of activity.
    Last edited by Sigil; 08-17-2020 at 01:56 AM.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor