Date of Incident
    August 17, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Tracee "Quick Clot" Parker

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Dreven

Accused Character Name
    Wamakahana Windhealer

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    3am-ish

What rule(s) were broken:
    Rule 2, Rule 6

Description of the incident:
    As a part of initial orders, the CO ordered Hydroponics OB'd preemptively, in order to set up a "wide field of fire" for the marines, who were to hold at fitness. The OB gibbed a bunch of Alpha, but that's not what this report is about.

There were no xenos in hydro as it was bombed, the fog hadn't even dropped, we had seen maybe 2 or 3 xenos. Even then, the order to bomb it was pre-planned. It seems odd for marines who are ordered to investigate and protect a colony to have their first instinct be "let's blow it up". This, to my eyes, goes against the roleplay rules, and may be metagaming, as there is no reason to destroy Hydroponics on a colony we're protecting, unless you know hostiles are going to rush across the river.

Also, while I was asking people about the OB in dchat to see if it was as bad as I thought, I asked Wama what his IC reason was. After that, he messaged me on discord to have a sulk. https://imgur.com/a/s9hqaXe

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs, the order was given a few times.

How you would punish the accused:
    CO/XO ban. This is not the first time he has been reported for bad command conduct.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CO's have done this exact thing before and its never been an issue, theirs no rules saying you can't fire an OB at a building you want cleared, one of my very usual big red strategies is to OB the offices south of bar to make an open area, even if xenos aren't there in force yet. I'm not sure what my private DM has anything to do with this report but yes epic for posting that too dude, hope this made you feel better about dying to a OB as if that doesen't happen every other round. Its not my fault that the coords given were too far south when most everyone knows that cluster OB's have a big ass radius. People like you are the reason why command players are spooked to try anything even remotely outside the very overdone meta that we've all played 100 times on the same map, a million times for LV624. This is a pure salt report over you getting gibbed by some good hits that weren't even my fault, boohoo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreven View Post
    This is a pure salt report over you getting gibbed by some good hits that weren't even my fault, boohoo.
    I wasn't gibbed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, this is XO who've shot the OB.

I had already expected the Windhealer's plan by setting the Fitness as a front line FOB and blowing up the Hydroponics, even he didn't need to explain to me why it should be for 10 minutes.
    Defending entire road towards the Hydro to LZ2 is really dangerous, and has lots of flanking areas.
    Defending the compact, small but sturdy FoB on Hydroponics, Science and Robotics is incredibly more durable more than building a singular line of cade on entire road.
    As that Hydroponics building (Yes, ENTIRE building) is blocking the firing line of site from the Fitness, blowing it up the building and making a solid, wide opened area is really a good move, I'd say.
    No covers for the hostiles, completely. No jungle walls, no vines to watch. No flanks that can be made.

You've mentioned about the OB gibbing the Alpha SL.
    Well, here's the thing.
    I've loaded the OB by myself, then mentioned ALL squads AND JTAC that Cluster OB is loaded on the radio.
    After Marines are deployed, I've warned Marines that the OB is CLUSTER on the annoucement.
    It's Alpha SL's fault who didn't heard both radio, briefing AND the annoucement, improperly requesting the shot almost right next to themselves.

This report is a literal salt mine, whining that all COs must follow the dull, same meta, doing same tactics over and over and over again.
    Also to mention that OB is must be used ONLY as a weapon, not as a tool to make a tactical advantage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be pulling logs for this in a bit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Windhealer makes his plan for the OP publicly known

Spoiler Spoiler:

Windhealer asks for cords to be gathered for OB on hydro

Spoiler Spoiler:

Windhealer announcement after the OB that hit hydro and gibbed some marines

Spoiler Spoiler:

If anything else needs to be pulled do let me know

Also logs do show that marines were made aware that the OB was cluster

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't a rulebreak.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the record it's been previously ruled that OB via metagaming is OBing a known xeno location before first drop because you had coordinates saved or OBing beyond the fog hoping to hit something. Destroying the colony because you want to make a different chokepoint/mega FOB etc... is just an IC issue that will lead to a very angry CL.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids