User Tag List

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Roleplay Standards aren't being enforced

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roleplay Standards aren't being enforced

Very simple and it doesn't take a bunch of screenshots to prove if you're playing the game.
    I'm not going to argue or post screenshots for every moment I've captured in-game to prove my point here, this something painfully obvious here and it's evident in almost EVERY round.

Roleplay standards aren't being enforced and this is evident just based upon "leadership" roles and whitelisted positions in-game memeing and getting away with it.
    There was a post and announcement awhile back stating role-play would return to CM and the constant no-rp/light-rp gimmicks would end and honestly it hasn't.
    Some of the worst and lowest RP comes from some Synth players who clearly have no idea of lore/RP behind synths.

I think it's fair to say that the community is either so far gone that returning to any form of Role-play is non feasible or a hard crackdown from staff is required to shift the RP mentality.

The community has split into three categories for RP now;
    - RPers who actually RP.
    - RPers who think they're RPing but force-RP or do stupid RP Gimmicks that harm the lore/environment.
    - Non-RPers who meme and spout generic catchphrases.

I've pretty much always advocated for maintaining RP on CM, however I can admit that games change overtime and it's understandable if CM switches to a TDM game.

I've said this a few times, but decide if RP is going to be a thing within CM and if not just removed this gimmick of RP "existing".

To actually keep RP relevant on CM it needs to be enforced.
    - Stronger enforcement.
    - More chat monitoring
    - Re-written guidelines
    - Reworked and simplified lore.

Alternatively, move towards a TDM and declare RP un-monitored/non enforced.
    - No RP rules
    - Remove RP Guidelines
    - Memes/Gimmicks allowed
    - Removed character restrictions.

I'm not posting this to argue everyone's opinion on what is and isn't role-play, to be blunt, if you know how to role-play then you can acknowledge it's a serious problem on CM right now.

So lets talk about this, because the last blast announcement of RP Standards returning hasn't worked nor is it being enforced by staff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LRPBanned.jpg
    The announcement that Feweh said in 5th line

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A Gas Canister View Post
    LRPBanned.jpg
    The announcement that Feweh said in 5th line
    well i mean that was only 3 months ago, we gotta give it some time to take affect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I try to RP things out when it makes sense, but I dont try to force RP when it isnt needed, at least thats how I personally see it

Mentor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn. Kinda understand, but like.. the game is a shooter. You shouldn't be expected to RP in the middle of combat. I can understand shipside, but I don't mind the generic shit groundside.
    Melworth 'Mel' Koepple - Vindicitive cunt, pretty funny but, eh.

Arakawa "Savior of Theta" Aki - Glorious SL that is.. way too cocky with charging.

^ thanks lauffer for the shiny bronze.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Burtyu View Post
    Damn. Kinda understand, but like.. the game is a shooter. You shouldn't be expected to RP in the middle of combat. I can understand shipside, but I don't mind the generic shit groundside.
    The game has always been a shooter and I dont think anyone is advocating for you to roleplay mid-gunfight.
    The focus of this complaint is on the memes, low-rp gimmicks and the absolute no RP from some players.

I have no issue with anyone who doesn't want to roleplay and just keeps to themselves.
    My issue stems from the players who actively troll, meme and spout non-lore bullshit.

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crackdowns never work and usually end up with the opposite effect in the long term

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spookydonut View Post
    Crackdowns never work and usually end up with the opposite effect in the long term
    Decisively false, as evident during 2016-2018 which Apop/Myself pushed through massive RP standards and stricter enforcement.
    RP Standards were significantly higher, stronger enforced and the playerbase/playercount along with development continued at a healthy rate.

Evidence wise and from past history crackdowns have shown to work with little effect to the over-all playerbase or development.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Feweh dramapost about roleplay #5748392105793001

At least you semi-consistently get something correct each time. Absolutely nobody gives a shit about roleplaying rules and standards and said rules are only enforced if the staff member dislikes your particular angle/shade/gimmick type of roleplay. Nobody in this community likes or respects staff who are anal about enforcing said rp either.
    Which is mind-blowing that this comment comes from someone on the "Synthetic Council Member".
    The fact that a member positioned to monitor and ensure the right people are being whitelisted can openly state something like this is crazy.

Which really just pushes what I'm saying, that even the people in-charge/positioned to encourage RP roles don't give a fuck about the actual standards.

Edit: Perhaps your Forum Status hasn't been updated to properly reflect you aren't on the council anymore, either-way still mindblowing to me that you could hold this idea of RP given your past experience.
    Last edited by Fewher; 08-18-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I don't see what's crazy about calling out the general rp rules and standards for what they are: unenforceable dogshit.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!