User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Roleplay Standards aren't being enforced

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot this part of my military experience, but in satcom? Yeah, we had a cult based around Milstar. Milstar was a satellite used by the military. It was designed by 80 PhDs, super complicated. So complicated, that no one on the design team could explain everything in the system, not single person. It was basically magic by our estimation, and repaired through passed down ritual. In the US army technical manuals, there was a chapter called 'Theory' in every one. AKA This is how it works -or- We aren't sure how this works. Did I mention at the time, 31S required the highest score, of any MOS, on the ASFAB in the US Army. Highest scores, big brains, made cult similar to COMSTAR from the Battletech universe. We had robes. Every repair required a sacrifice of blood is a matter of ritual! Yes, I walked a half mile, through post, in bunny slippers and a pink bathrobe, through snow to fix equipment. Sergeant was not impressed, I smiled, that was what he got for calling me in on day off.

Other notes: AR 670-1, governs uniform and appearance, did not list red as an acceptable hair color in one revision. It seemed just a bit rude, making all red heads out of uniform like that.
    Last edited by FrogZeke; 08-24-2020 at 05:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beyond the lore and what even fits rp. We have a bunch of players here who dont really want to rp this stuff and just play a tdm game. Heres the thing though, thats actually totally fine. Groundside is 99% combat and makes up 95% of the total game time. Things never really have to be black and white removing one side or the other. If I desire role standards and Rp then ill roll a ship side position. If I just want to tdm with my pals then I roll pfc or sg or spec and go and have fun.

There can be something for everyone in cmss13, and I believe it can be done without banning half of the players. Its more or less a well known fact then virtually any amount of lrp behaviour planet side is tolerated, and much less so in CiC or shipside roles.

Forced briefings in the past caused so many issues. People have limited free time and want to spend it having fun, not sitting around being an audience for one persons RP enjoyment. Non forced briefings was an excellent move in a good direction. I think it should go even further, streamline gearing up and head directly to the drop ship. Reduce the interactions between mps and command staff trying to force people to do things they aggressively dont want to. I mean honestly whats the point? Shipside rp lasts a fraction of a round for most combat roles, why severely punish someone for not wanting to sit through the loading screen?

Then shipside, im all for a stricter enforcement on lrp. Shocking to some but even I appreciate and enjoy some higher rp shipside. Development has made this into a tdm game, and I want to keep the players here who enjoy the tdm game dev has built. I also enjoy rp and I want to see people who enjoyed higher rp standards either stay or come back if they have already left.

With the current development direction I dont see any other feasible path to maintain higher rp standards or regain players lost due to lrp.

Also I want the community manager to set up something in discord or the forums so players can spitball plans they have for fun stuff. I honestly think that would also work in a way to set guidelines to stick to as we go. The more hard answers we have to what is and what isnt ok gives a more well lit path to move forward on(so to speak).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you trying to take away my unga bunga?!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday there was an event run by an Admin who was a "Ghost" on the ship.
    The ghost ran around the CIC cloaked.. who ended up being a Predator just cloaked..... who when caught turned into a Queen on the CIC, roared and then promptly disappeared.

Words cannot express how low-rp/non inclusive of lore this event was and has really forwarded my general idea that CM Staff are primarily responsible for the level of low RP currently.
    The staff team have no idea what Roleplay is or the very standards themselves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    The ghost ran around the CIC cloaked.. who ended up being a Predator just cloaked..... who when caught turned into a Queen on the CIC, roared and then promptly disappeared.

Words cannot express how low-rp/non inclusive of lore this event was and has really forwarded my general idea that CM Staff are primarily responsible for the level of low RP currently.
    What lore do you require for funny ghost?
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    What lore do you require for funny ghost?
    Apparently it had to do with the captain's backstory (Dismas Hind was the captain) so I don't really see what the issue is here.

Also you can just bullshit it and say the queen was psychically projecting images onto the ship, bam now it's not LRP and Feweh can shut up.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats me, and there's a purpose behind my madness. I've been testing the ghost event on different COs to see if how far an antagonistic side that doesn't grief, but what disruption it can cause the operation. I've learned that the ground operation still goes on. No matter what happens ship side because the SL/Overwatch SO still do their thing. The ghost event uses back stories of different character LORE and is based on who the CO is.

Examples:

I've used old report a players on CO's for improper BEs to haunt them for marines they've killed.
    I've made References to the Cristobel incident
    I've made references to CO backstories from their applications. One event I spawned ghosts to haunt the CO back when he was a Lieutenant and left a squad to die in an operation.

It goes one of three ways

1. Ship ignores it
    2. Ship pisses off the ghosts and tries to shoot them/blow up ares
    3. Ship role-plays and figures out a puzzle and get a reward (Example: One CO had to solve the mystery of a colony and right a wrong with the help of a PMC squad. The reward was the PMC squad could stay as reinforcements)

The "herald/manifestation of hatred mobs" are mostly used to scare and build fear. It's gone to the point with some events that we had a Commanding Officer evac from the ship during the operation because they couldn't face their fears. In their own words I made it way too scary for them.

It's not like I rename the ship to the USS Honkerton and make every marine a clown.
    Last edited by ThesoldierLLJK; 08-27-2020 at 12:49 AM.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Thats me, and there's a purpose behind my madness. I've been testing the ghost event on different COs to see if how far an antagonistic side that doesn't grief, but what disruption it can cause the operation. I've learned that the ground operation still goes on. No matter what happens ship side because the SL/Overwatch SO still do their thing. The ghost event uses back stories of different character LORE and is based on who the CO is.

Examples:

I've used old report a players on CO's for improper BEs to haunt them for marines they've killed.
    I've made References to the Cristobel incident
    I've made references to CO backstories from their applications. One event I spawned ghosts to haunt the CO back when he was a Lieutenant and left a squad to die in an operation.

It goes one of three ways

1. Ship ignores it
    2. Ship pisses off the ghosts and tries to shoot them/blow up ares
    3. Ship role-plays and figures out a puzzle and get a reward (Example: One CO had to solve the mystery of a colony and right a wrong with the help of a PMC squad. The reward was the PMC squad could stay as reinforcements)

The "herald/manifestation of hatred mobs" are mostly used to scare and build fear. It's gone to the point with some events that we had a Commanding Officer evac from the ship during the operation because they couldn't face their fears. In their own words I made it way too scary for them.

It's not like I rename the ship to the USS Honkerton and make every marine a clown.
    You need custom assets.
    Using pre-existing antag/known enemies as ghost don't work well.

There was absolutely no inclusive lore elements or tie into the on-going round, it was basically an Admin creating a "carte blanche" event to do whatever they wanted.

This is the entire issue that's been discussed in this thread, events, guidelines and enforcement all over the place.
    The rot of Roleplay elements stems from the top of the Ladder and seeps all the way down to the playerbase and events from top tier management showcases the problem.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need custom assets.
    There was absolutely no inclusive lore elements or tie into the on-going round, it was basically an Admin creating a "carte blanche" event to do whatever they wanted.
    Did you miss the part where he explained that it was based in lore
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Did you miss the part where he explained that it was based in lore
    Cherry picking individual players "background info" isn't inclusive to established lore, since a player can make-up or create whatever background they deem appropriate.

I'm not saying the event was done with poor intentions, just simply you cannot run around as a cloaked predator and transform yourself into a queen to roar and deem it appropriate lore/role-play.