Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Roleplay Standards aren't being enforced

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trench007 View Post
    Basically this, whatever original intentions the developers had to improve combat has made every other system on the server worse over time. I'd argue whatever marginal improvement was made to combat has drastically worsen every other system and was not a good trade.

I don't know however if the dev team would ever want to acknowledge this or revert the changes they made, considering the substantial amount time spent on reworking or trimming the SS13 systems in CM. Thus, our only hope is when we move over to a better engine like SS14, then we can have the best of both worlds.

Until then, we either have to accept the new reality of CM or disappear for however long it takes for corrections to be made (i.e fundamental rework or SS14 engine complete).
    They trimmed out engineering's SM energy because one too many bald asf MTs blew it up and medical was trimmed because people hate going to medical after every fight.

They trim it not for combat but because the community hates anything which makes marines side more annoying or harder. If they were doing it for TDM medical wouldn't had been trimmed and maybe made even harsher because harsher medical allows for attrition based combat meaning alien's don't have to be as strong to beat the deathball, yaa asymmetrical combat, they do it becuase it actually does suck ass going back to medbay for a broken foot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    They trimmed out engineering's SM energy because one too many bald asf MTs blew it up and medical was trimmed because people hate going to medical after every fight.

They trim it not for combat but because the community hates anything which makes marines side more annoying or harder. If they were doing it for TDM medical wouldn't had been trimmed and maybe made even harsher because harsher medical allows for attrition based combat meaning alien's don't have to be as strong to beat the deathball, yaa asymmetrical combat, they do it becuase it actually does suck ass going back to medbay for a broken foot.
    That's doing for TDM again. Basically their philosphy when balancing the game is to remove anything might get in the way of marines clicking on xenos and vice versa, Engineering actually matters ? Better remove it, medical is complex? click this one magic fix it all button, Roleplay roles ? absolutely no power and if they do anything they can be job banned, MPs getting into fights and doing investigation? give them OOC protection and now this automated system does everything.

Here's an idea, maybe not everything has to be balanced around making sure both teams are on equal footin, maybe marines winning one of the 13549503948672985769546 identical rounds in the shortest amount of time possible should not be the end goal of playing CM. Maybe balance should be made towards making the rounds themselves varied and the experience more fun, maybe Ungas do not need to be pill chugging machines that dual wield buckshot shotties and run up next to the xenos to bodyblock them into crit.

Maybe while the focus could be on the marines on the ground the other roles could also actually have an impact and there are could be actual stakes on everyone doing their job right as well because that creates interesting situations where players can be creative rather than click the one "do job" button. For all the "making your own fun" buzzphrase that the devs like to say when someone complains about the state of shipside roles, they could actually put something to have fun with on the ship and not OOC punish everything that's not clicking the "do job" button.

Maybe the pace of the game does not need to be Team Fortress tier and we can go back to having rounds for more than 40 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep and I want to point out this post and extend it to xenos too.

Hivemind is hot dumpster fire garbage and it didn't used to be that way.

- Conga lines.
    - Meme phrases.
    - Bunch of LRP shit.
    - "Omg mommy come get fed pizza by the pizza man! uwu it's so tasty mommy!"
    - Xenos yelling about a goddam dog for 20 minutes that got killed.
    - Xenos not listening to their queens and arguing for god knows how long.
    - Xenos hiding their meta buddies in lockers at end round.
    - Xenos minging with marines just in general.
    - "Mommy mommy I brought you a puppy and put it in a nest! You likey?!"

As I explained to one of the LRP monkeys in dead chat. No I don't care if you RP at all. I do care about absolute wild bs that happens on the xeno side all the time. And I'm even more ??? that staff does not enforce any of the standards anymore. Why do we have to ahelp a bunch just to get the staff to remind the alien players that they don't have free will and need to stfu and just do as their told? Why do we have to ahelp a bunch over the lrp mingery that goes on in hivemind that blanets other xenos trying to pass pertinent information?

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK who necroed this thread again
    Shut it down
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you cant Ahelp RP anyways. you get harassed and then have to change your name. literally on roundstart following the ahelp report about an admin not enforcing RP im attacked by a dif admin. first submitted around 12:20 est. then after the round as next one began at 12:50 i got pounced on by another admin. they dont care about RP.

https://imgur.com/a/6AVJm6n

https://imgur.com/a/zPvl7y4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    your name is literally bomb-man-ski.

your a very bad troll
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    your name is literally bomb-man-ski.

your a very bad troll
    would you say the same of a baker named baker? or SGT named slaughter?

just because the coincidence exists doesn't mean anyone is trolling. my name had already been cleared by a mentor my very first round of CM because it was originally super non-RP at the time and i didnt know any better.

https://newsadvance.com/news/local/d...3de161123.html

but hey thanks for actually reading what the original complaint was for, since it didnt even have to do with my name! cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss Charlie breakfast.
    I miss BC being useless but being fought over because of false scarcity.
    I miss cone lighting.
    I miss HRP.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Challade View Post
    I miss Charlie breakfast.
    I miss BC being useless but being fought over because of false scarcity.
    I miss cone lighting.
    I miss HRP.
    >cm
    >Hrp

>Bc being desired and cone lights
    >Fun

Charlie breakfast still happens oftentimes
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, take it admemes, this will be continuation of the closed thread.

Message made by totally valid MRP character name Super "PRO" GamerSKI.