User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Roleplay Standards aren't being enforced

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMountain View Post
    Problem with that is that click simulator is bad gameplay and BYOND is even worse at running click simulator. People that want to experience that can go play some of the other TDM servers with no pesky RP rules to get in the way of them and a broken mouse.
    I agree with you, for the record. If anything I think we need to go higher RP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urytion View Post
    If anything I think we need to go higher RP.
    Amen brother.

To be quite honest the thing got me hooked up in the first place to this game was the good mix of roleplay that was backed up by some action, this created a legit tense atmosphere that was very fun to experience and interact with. Running trough a dark hall knowing an alien could pop out and chew my ass any second and it would be game over was a very nice and tense gameplay loop. It felt good to make plans on how to take on certain situations, it achieved some legit tension in a 2d spessmen game.

Nowadays, with weaker xenos and meta rushes for both sides, that feeling is mostly gone, it's why I play mostly survivor now, the last role where aliens can be a legit threat and you have to think and act quickly to get out alive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 to higher RP.
    pew pew need to be backed by RP or pew pew dont matter.
    Sadly, since speed run meta, caused by we know what, rp is going down the sink...

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll add, honestly it feels am the most HRP of the SLs sometimes. Am practically mute and just repeating some stuff the bar is on the dam floor man.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want to have HRP on combat server when fricking 0RP side exist and its benos? Great idea, perfection, can't wait to flesh out my character and write paragraphs when runner PWR-666-GMR jumps out of the vents, pounces, and destroys my both hands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want to have HRP on combat server when fricking 0RP side exist and its benos?
    Is there really any potential for RP for xenos though? Beyond not memeing excessively I mean? You really can't do much there except making them not use netspeak.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The people mentioning 'it's a combat server' or 'it's just for shooty bang bang' need to know something. It was always a combat server. Really, that never changed, and way back when there were much better RP standards that were enforced. The combat server thing is not an excuse for better RP standards.

I long for the days of Charlie Breakfast. Honestly, if RP started coming back to the server I'd like to return myself to play here again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, if we do get better RP enforcement, will people actually have to learn what each side of the ship is called? Or will we still have north and south stairwells?
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Dev Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a wide gulf between what senior staff/more vocal community members want enforced as the RP rules and what staff in general are willing and able to enforce.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe your personal views aren't the objective standard of RP brohotdog.jpg