Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Roleplay Standards aren't being enforced

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Windhealer is the reason that I view the staff in such a negative light when it comes to RP. I see him do stupid shit that has no basis at all in aliens or predators or avp lore and the staff allows it. I see the staff crack down on gerdy for farting on someone. I believe the staff is completely biased.
    When the rule re-work was re-done, certain elements were vetted and others were rejected.

I can't speak to much to that as I was somewhat absent for the RP part. Had I been there more I would have voiced my opinions louder.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertBlackwell View Post
    CM is a LRP server, its pretty clear that now since devs are pushing for a TDM direction. Gimmicks are harmless and are not "degrading the integrity of the server", what is degrading the integrity of the server is staff "wanting RP" and devs "wanting TDM" in an ideal world everyone wouldn't mind a bit of both but the tools needed are not there, the rules needed are not there.

Heck marines spout memes 24/7, myself somewhat included
    yeah cm is a lrp click until they go horizontal or change sprite server.
    Which I'm on board with and have said many times, if theyre pushing a TDM game then move away from RP altogether.
    However numerous times now staff have stated they intend to enforce and bring back Roleplay, so here we are discussing it.

And with all due respect, you admitting to falling under the category of "spouting memes 24/7" is the problem and counter productive to what the staff team states they want.

It's crazy how many people in the community are brazen enough to state they don't RP and actively work against any Roleplay elements to the game. In the past the majority of non-rpers were silent, didnt bother anyone and just played the game. Whereas now theres a vocal minority if not majority of the community that either doesn't know how to RP or blatantly admit they work against rules/guidelines requiring RP.
    Last edited by Fewher; 08-20-2020 at 12:59 AM.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    It's crazy how many people in the community are brazen enough to state they don't RP and actively work against any Roleplay elements to the game. In the past the majority of non-rpers were silent, didnt bother anyone and just played the game. Whereas now theres a vocal minority if not majority of the community that either doesn't know how to RP or blatantly admit they work against rules/guidelines requiring RP.
    As someone who rarely talks or roleplays in-game (or as you may put it a non-RPer), the main issue with CM roleplay is that it's static, never changes, and never becomes interesting after one month of actively playing the game.

I can play actual roleplaying games for hours and hours and hours and it won't get old, D&D, Pathfinder, etc. because they're actually built for and can handle dynamic roleplay.

CM can't do that. It just can't. There's too many people with too many different ideas on what "good roleplay" actually is, even amongst just the staff, and the actual "roleplay scenario" is so overdone and so fucking dull that it's like pulling teeth to try and find an interesting way to spin the 562352nd round. Maybe if we weren't locked to one static, dull, overused setting with vague guidelines (hint: ask any staff what they consider lrp, mrp, and hrp and they'll all give you different answers) people might actually care enough to come up with things to roleplay about.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawMullet View Post
    As someone who rarely talks or roleplays in-game (or as you may put it a non-RPer), the main issue with CM roleplay is that it's static, never changes, and never becomes interesting after one month of actively playing the game.

I can play actual roleplaying games for hours and hours and hours and it won't get old, D&D, Pathfinder, etc. because they're actually built for and can handle dynamic roleplay.

CM can't do that. It just can't. There's too many people with too many different ideas on what "good roleplay" actually is, even amongst just the staff, and the actual "roleplay scenario" is so overdone and so fucking dull that it's like pulling teeth to try and find an interesting way to spin the 562352nd round. Maybe if we weren't locked to one static, dull, overused setting with vague guidelines (hint: ask any staff what they consider lrp, mrp, and hrp and they'll all give you different answers) people might actually care enough to come up with things to roleplay about.
    Yeah pretty much. I think if the Queen and Captain each round had more control over how things go, as in the Captain gets to make up whatever bullshit he wants as to why the marines are deploying to Some Shithole, then it should increase the amount and quality of roleplaying somewhat due to making it more dynamic. People complaining that people do things outside of the (((lore))) of AVP/Predator/whatever the fuck staff pretend is CM's lore also make me laugh, since the Aliens franchise is NOT something that works well with deep lore. Just look at how bad Aliens 3, Prometheus, and Covenant were to see why you can't try and expand on the simple but very solid concept of the Xenomorph without it becoming silly.

Also if queens wouldn't get jannies after them for doing anything besides talking like a weird mommy fetishist's wet dream that would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you constantly masquerade your own personal fun as Roleplay and justify it because everyone involved is having fun so it should be ok.
    The fact that you can proudly state that you ran a "Cult" and "Pawn Shop" is so outlandish for a military vessel with lore behind it.
    It's not round complimenting, it's all events/gimmicks that focus on yourself or benefit your character solely but you justify as being ok because you rope others into it.
    I don't think you understand that your constant low-rp behavior is degrading the integrity of RP on the server or maybe you do and just don't care.
    How can it not be okay if everyone involved is having fun? Is your view of what CM should be more important than the playerbase having a good time? Or am I missing something here?

Is there any way we can reward good RP rather than just punish bad RP? Because if there is not and mods won't enforce higher standards (something a lot of people say in this thread), the people asking for higher standards have lost the server-culture-war. Simple as.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the people saying the real world military is full of idiots to begin with, yes, it is. But we're beyond idiocy and going into unrealistic now. If you want to talk about how the real world military is full of idiots, I want to see people do things the real world military does. Like actually listen to their orders. And obey their higher ups, even if they're not your squad leader. And actually follow the chain of command instead of appointing a PFC with a recognised name to SL instead of the spec. And not starting fires on the ship for no reason. And not throwing a violent temper tantrum when requisitions, their SL, or medbay refuses them something.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - snip of basically everything -
    As ChainsawMullet pointed out "Maybe if we weren't locked to one static, dull, overused setting...", thats the thing.

You know why standard SS13 servers can have RP that is reasonable and not forced? Because each round there is different, no two rounds that are the same. One round its Syndicate Agent who sabotages Lord Singulo for shuttle hijack, other round its Nar'Sie cult that forces people into their book club, the other its a blob that crew has to fight together, the next its Wiznerd granting guns to everyone, then its Changelings on the station, then its Syndicate Agent who has to steal something, then its Syndicate Agent who has to kill someone, then its Shadowlings, then its Abductors, then its cortical borrers, then its Swarmers, then its Nukies, then its mix of some of those, then its admeme-run ebent.

What CM has? Benos, Benos, Benos, Benos, Benos + Preds, Benos, Benos, Benos + Preds, Benos, Benos, Shitty LRP ebent, Benos, Benos, Benos + Preds, Benos + Preds, Benos, Benos, Benos, Benos, Shitty LRP ebent, Benos + Preds, Benos, Benos, Benos, Benos, Benos, Benos, Benos + Pred, Benos, Benos, Benos, Shitty LRP ebent, Benos, Benos, Benos, Benos, Benos, Benos, Benos, Benos + Cult, Benos, Benos, Benos, Benos, Benos.
    Jeee... I wonder why such various palette of possibilities doesn't encourage RP? I wonder... I wonder.

I wonder how you would want to introduce "RP enforcement" that wouldn't be simply fucking lame and boring? Even fucking 75-25 winrate didn't contributed much. Oh no! Benos kill us, such sad, such horror! Oh no! They do that again! Oh no, they do that again! Oh, they fucked up and we won, YAY! Oh no, they killed us again. Oh no, we died, oh no!

Stale as slice of Xenobread.

Even if someone is that mythical "good RP'er", they are certainly not a robot with AI dungeon installed, they will get bored after few times. After few times they RPed good, but benos fucked them up in hour.

I barerly can stand trying to RP Cabal and all I really do is to label some of my gear, shout C&C quotes, pray to Admemes reffering to them as "Kane", don't take drugs/alcohol and want to be cyborgised. Nobody cares about anybody RPing something that isn't immediately "memey, or funny", I could for example RP as totally realistic marine without Brotherhood bullshit, but nobody would care. Now somebody will shout that GDI rules, or "In the name of Kane" from time to time when I'm near, not a single soul would care for some random gray baldo. I could write entire fucking pages of normal marine backstory, but nobody cares to read fucking 2 lines in Medical, or Security records.

Nobody cares about that, for the years I have been playing, not one of my prays as marine were answered, not once I saw anything related to the Brotherhood made by admeme to encourage my RP. But I did saw a lot of fucking giant cats, talking Yirens, Santa fuckhats helmets, Jack'o Latern helmets, fucking halloween decorations, fucking xenomass decorations, HEFA order (that is cannon btw, imagine that Faweh, fucking cult who praises High-Explosive Fragmenting-Antipersonel grenade, wears HEFA armor, HEFA hat that works like a HEFA, HEFA sword, HEFA boots, carries a lot of HEFA etc... They are cannon in CM, they are as reasonable and "real" as benos, marines, or preds existing).
    How do you think anything can be achieved without double-standards and force-feeding RP to players like its a bottle of scrumpy in standard SS13 bar full of SSD characters?

Impossible. Without rework, without more variation (CLF/UPP spawning as enemies instead of benos without marines knowing about it and such), without somebody to care, without some frame of what is reasonable MRP and what is unreasonable LRP?
    With HEFA order being cannon, nothing you say is LRP. Scalpball which is throwing machetes at each other? With HEFA its reasonable. CL having a Pawn Shop? With HEFA existing its reasonable. What you will say about that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    Windhealer is the reason that I view the staff in such a negative light when it comes to RP. I see him do stupid shit that has no basis at all in aliens or predators or avp lore and the staff allows it. I see the staff crack down on gerdy for farting on someone. I believe the staff is completely biased.
    nah the issue is that windhealer will staff complaint, player complaint etc literally anything against him.

speaking as staff on another server, people who do this all the time become really tiring and it generates a large degree of apathy because nobody wants to deal with the fallout of angering the player.

nothing against windhealer, it's just explaining why he isn't cracked down on like others

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s become typical I wanna RP vs I don’t wanna RP gangs
    Same shit different day
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Urytion View Post
    To the people saying the real world military is full of idiots to begin with, yes, it is. But we're beyond idiocy and going into unrealistic now. If you want to talk about how the real world military is full of idiots, I want to see people do things the real world military does. Like actually listen to their orders. And obey their higher ups, even if they're not your squad leader. And actually follow the chain of command instead of appointing a PFC with a recognised name to SL instead of the spec. And not starting fires on the ship for no reason. And not throwing a violent temper tantrum when requisitions, their SL, or medbay refuses them something.
    Yea I agree with you, I was just mentioning that because I was defending Gerdy's way of roleplaying.