User Tag List

Thread: Lets talk about flamethrowers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets talk about flamethrowers

Good area of denial, questionable range

Personally I dislike going against flamers as a xeno. It feels like it lasts too long for me, also the fact that it's like every marine has a personal kit for them. Dealing with them AND a flamer spec who is suppose to be the MAIN source of flaming turned into one of the many legions of flaming marines in the game. If there is a dev reading this I would ask if this is something intended for xenos to be facing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, most marines (PFCs and specs alike) are way better at making corpses unrevivable, incinerating other living marines or stopping pushes. And if an unga doesn't have a flamer of his own he'll just charge straight through the fire someone else created.

Normal flamer fuel has a range of five tiles, which ranged xenos can stay out of pretty easily. Gel does shoot about 7 tiles ahead, but it does so little damage that nobody uses it. Ravs are completely immune to fire and if the flamer is alone or in a small group can just murder him in seconds. Seems mostly balanced to me. Then again, I don't play xeno much.
    Last edited by Sigil; 08-19-2020 at 03:21 AM.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recounted View Post
    Good area of denial, questionable range

Personally I dislike going against flamers as a xeno. It feels like it lasts too long for me, also the fact that it's like every marine has a personal kit for them. Dealing with them AND a flamer spec who is suppose to be the MAIN source of flaming turned into one of the many legions of flaming marines in the game. If there is a dev reading this I would ask if this is something intended for xenos to be facing.
    Fire isn't really that big a deal, not enough marines carry flamethrowers to stop xenos for any substantial amount of time. If every marine had even a mini flamer, then xenos would be runnin', but they don't, so xenos do be fine.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a flamer main but I also play xeno a lot. Flamers can wreck shit pretty well, but there are lots of drawbacks. The moment you start flaming, ravs get drawn to you like a moth to light. Also I hate how devs added a underbarrel extinguisher. If someone gets FF'd by flames, there shouldn't be an instant cheat to immediately extinguish them. The kit already came with a mini-extinguisher and you can find large extinguishers all over the map. Also smart xenos will drag or push marines into the fire. Marines who die to fire are the bane of medics. It usually takes several medics all doing CPR, popping epi, and spamming defibs to bring someone back after a few minutes. It wastes lots of resources.

Flames can usually kill most T1s and T2s anywhere from 10-20 seconds. Contrast that to acid spit, which takes minutes of time for it to take effect.